76.3% of statistics are made up on the spot, or in Trump's case, 154.78%

You have some valid points, but on the last two, I am a Trump supporter and when he says Venezuela is emptying its jails, it's obviously a figure of speech/exaggeration to make a point about something very serious.

On Hillary, he did promise to appoint a special prosecutor, and that would have pleased me, but when he decided to bury the hatchet, that was okay with me too. She lost the election, in part because of her server, and bleach bit and all that, so that was an appropriate punishment. If only we could settle all of Trump's current BS charges at the ballot box instead of in the kangaroo courts.

Regards,
Jimm

So, it's okay for Trump to LIE because "he's making a figure of speech"?

It's unbelievable how Trump supporters are willing to accept whatever he says, even if the lie is so obvious.

So you're okay with Trump whipping up crowds and lying about locking Hillary up because....

What would it take for you to not support Trump?

He's done everything wrong. He's everything wrong. And it's like a cult, people will accept whatever now. Doesn't matter. That's dangerous.

Last edited:
So, it's okay for Trump to LIE because "he's making a figure of speech"?

It's unbelievable how Trump supporters are willing to accept whatever he says, even if the lie is so obvious.

So you're okay with Trump whipping up crowds and lying about locking Hillary up because....

What would it take for you to not support Trump?

He's done everything wrong. He's everything wrong. And it's like a cult, people will accept whatever now. Doesn't matter. That's dangerous.
Goodness grief. It's 2024, who cares about Hillary. And Biden tells you that the border is secure when everyone knows it is completely wide open except where states like Texas enforce it. Trump tells us Venezuelan criminals are crossing the border.

Your priorities are ridiculous.

This thread is not about Biden, so I'll skip the long list of lies that really matter.

In just three years, we've gone from peace and prosperity to war and poverty (that's a figure of speech - most people are poorer in real dollars), and you think Trump voters are the problem?

Trump is the most important modern President. As far as Presidents go, more books will be written about Trump than any other President. Trump will have more books written about Trump than were ever written about Jesus.
lol you people are just unbelievable. The sheer stupidity you say is absolutely flabbergasting.

Goodness grief. It's 2024, who cares about Hillary. And Biden tells you that the border is secure when everyone knows it is completely wide open except where states like Texas enforce it. Trump tells us Venezuelan criminals are crossing the border.

Your priorities are ridiculous.

This thread is not about Biden, so I'll skip the long list of lies that really matter.

In just three years, we've gone from peace and prosperity to war and poverty (that's a figure of speech - most people are poorer in real dollars), and you think Trump voters are the problem?

It's not about Hillary, is it?

It's about Trump lying ALL THE TIME.

No, my priorities aren't ridiculous. I don't support Biden, I don't support Trump. I support changing the electoral system to Proportional Representation so US politics change, more choice, more oversight, better politicians.

"Your priorities are ridiculous" because you don't support what I support.

No, the US hasn't gone from "peace and prosperity" to "war and poverty".

The US pulled out of Afghanistan. The US is seeing the least amount of military fatalities in a generation.

And the US is forecasted to have 2.7% GDP growth, compared to 2.5% last year, 2.1% the year before.

Even then it's kind of ridiculous as the US should be looking at getting rid of the Boom and Bust cycles that enrich the rich and impoverish the poor.

"Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, ended an interview with Fox 2 Detroit anchor Roop Raj by saying: “One stat before we go. Venezuela was very crime-ridden. They announced the other day 72% reduction in crime in the last year. You know why? They moved all their criminals from Venezuela right into the good old U.S.A. and [President Joe] Biden let them do it. It’s a disgrace.”"

So, Trump made a claim about the Venezuelan govt announcing a 72% reduction in crime.

Raj asked Trump, “But sir, where are those numbers coming from?”

So Trump's response??

"“Uhhh, I guess I get them from the papers in this case."

He thinks he got them from the papers. He doesn't even know.

Then he changes his mind.

" I think it’s a federal statement or, well, they’re coming actually from Venezuela. They’re coming from Venezuela.”"
On April 2nd the actual number he made up was: 67%

"“Crime is down in Venezuela by 67% because they’re taking their gangs and their criminals and depositing them very nicely into the United States,” he told supporters at a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin, only on Apr. 2."

Firstly, crime stats for Venezuela come from the Venezuelan govt, which isn't that honest when it comes to stats.

Secondly the story that Venezuela is emptying prisons and encouraging them to go in caravans to the US is, a bet just made up.

"However, it cites only one article, from the politically conservative website Breitbart News. A Fox News story about this DHS report cites the same Breitbart article."

One article, from Breitbart, which is in itself a load of crap, and then everyone feeds off this one article, not caring whether it's true or not. The Fox article says:

"
The letter notes that there have been over 130,000 encounters with Venezuelan migrants between Oct. 2021 and July 2022.

In August, there were 55,333 unique encounters from Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua, a 175% increase over last year."

So, Venezuelans are coming, but it doesn't say they're the criminals being released and deliberately being sent that way.

So they take one thing "There are Venezuelans trying to get into the US" and they turn it into "criminals coming because they've been released and told to make their way to the US"

Welcome to the world of "I'll say anything to get to be President" Trump.
Well, you know what they say about stats…60% of the time they’re right every time.

Forum List

Back