Zone1 Catholics (real ones) do NOT go against Scripture or add to it. It's a lie.

So you decide what is just and unjust for God? I refuse to accept you speaking for God is what I refuse.
I am merely pointing out that God is just and does not treat sin like something to be ignored. Do you acknowledge that God is just?

Actually the argument I am making is that God alone makes these decisions. But if you really want to believe you know God's decisions, then good for you. I'm not that arrogant to believe that I can speak for God.
I don't speak for Him, but I can read His Word where He tells me these things.

What do you call the death on the cross, but punishment for sin?
I covered this in Post #305.

If you see it as punishment, then you see Annas, Caiaphas, Pilate, and the Roman soldiers doing God's will in nailing Jesus to the cross. Or, do you see Jesus as manipulating these people so that they would nail him to the cross?

I haven't the faintest doubt that Jesus gave his life over the forgiveness of sins. The reason he was crucified is because of his proclamation to all that sins are forgiven; repentance for the forgiveness of sins. How can it even make sense to you for God to leave billions of people in their own sins as long as one sinless person was punished for the trillions of sins of billions?

I covered this in Post #305.

If you see it as punishment, then you see Annas, Caiaphas, Pilate, and the Roman soldiers doing God's will in nailing Jesus to the cross. Or, do you see Jesus as manipulating these people so that they would nail him to the cross?
He didn't have to manipulate anyone; He knew exactly what they were going to do. He could have at any moment called legions of angels to take Him away and prevent His crucifixion, He prayed desperately for ANY other way than to go to the cross, yet said this, remember?

"NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE, BE DONE".

Do you remember that? It WAS God's will that He go to the cross and suffer for the sin of mankind.
I haven't the faintest doubt that Jesus gave his life over the forgiveness of sins. The reason he was crucified is because of his proclamation to all that sins are forgiven; repentance for the forgiveness of sins. How can it even make sense to you for God to leave billions of people in their own sins as long as one sinless person was punished for the trillions of sins of billions?
If God is going to simply absolve everyone of all sin, there is no need for repentance. Why repent, deny yourself and take up your cross daily if God will ultimately say, "Never mind"?

If God is going to simply absolve everyone of all sin, there is no need for repentance.
That's my point. It requires people turn away from each sin to be forgiven each of their sins. Turning away from sin requires a change of mind and heart about committing that sin.

Yup, completely undeserved death, followed by resurrection. What's your point?
You said that the supreme being paid the penalty for sin.

I asked you exactly what was the penalty that was paid that would otherwise have to be paid by us?

You said that it was death.

Since the Messiah was dead for 3 days and 3 nights, I assumed you were saying that the penalty to be paid was to be dead for that period of time.

I am merely pointing out that God is just and does not treat sin like something to be ignored. Do you acknowledge that God is just?
Sure. God is every extant attribute of reality which is why things like justice exist in the first place. Justice is an extant attribute of reality.

Forum List

Back