do you like Greek or chinese food?

greek or chinese?

• Total voters
Clearly there are very few in the Eastern half... I have had very good Mexican food in AZ and NM.
Out west I have only been to NV, AZ, NM and CO.
California for Mexican food, New York state for Greek food...and in the SW we ask: "red or green?' in those states you speak of...

I just had some delicious gumbo at a restaurant in Lafayette.

I suspect their ingredients were:
  • oil and flour for the roux
  • chicken and smoked sausage for protein
  • celery, bell pepper, and onion for the trinity
  • garlic, bay leaves, maybe thyme or paprika?
  • stock made using the bones of the chickens they use to make their dishes
I could tell by the texture they didn't use filé, and since this was SW Louisiana there wasn't any okra either.

Apparently we can add good American food to the list of cuisines that you suck at finding.
Could add closely related jambalaya to that. A version of which I'm planning to cook in a day or two - once ingredients have thawed.

California for Mexican food, New York state for Greek food...and in the SW we ask: "red or green?' in those states you speak of...
With as much movement as recent immigrants have done, one can often find great ethnic food if you know which restaurants to go to.

Here in PNW, with as much agriculture as we have, not hard to find good Mexican/Hispanic. There are enclaves of Greek in places where you can find good dishes. We have lots of Viets so excellent Pho' can be had in many locations. Several great Italian, we have Ikea so best Swedish meatballs, Also many good Japanese and Chinese. Oh, I've found great Korean as well.

I can sample the world worth of most cuisines within a fifty(+) mile radius of Seattle.

Forum List

Back