Liberals Worst Nightmare - 100% Conservative SCOTUS

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The anti-Trump hysterical protesting seems to be dying down now. Liberals gone batty over the Trump victory, went crazy during the transition period. Like spoiled, bratty kids not getting their way, they through tantrums all across America.

They are about to discover that their tantrums were a little too early. For them the worst is yet to come. Two conservative judges are about to join the SCOTUS. First, Gorsuch replacing Scalia, and next in June, another replacing Kennedy.

This will give conservatives a majority on the court. Then all of President Trump’s wishes, (Muslim ban, imprisoning sanctuary city leaders, ban of abortion on demand, full gun freedom, etc), will become reality.

But that is just the start of the liberal nightmare. After this, it won’t be long before Ruth Bader Ginsburg (well into her 80’s) will retire. Same with aging Breyer. Trump will again appoint 2 more conservatives, from the very conservative list he announced during the campaign.

Even this isn’t the last word on it. With conservatives then having a solid lock on the SCOTUS, it won't be long before Sotomayer and Kagan grow tired of constantly being outvoted. They will see their 2 liberal votes having no effect, and will soon drop out, and take jobs in other courts, or teaching, where they’ll think they can do some “good”.

They’ll also be replaced by conservatives, and liberals will have their worst nightmare >> > a 100% conservative Supreme Court. Only thing is, this won’t be a “nightmare”. It’s really happening – unfolding right now.

The anti-Trump hysterical protesting seems to be dying down now. Liberals gone batty over the Trump victory, went crazy during the transition period. Like spoiled, bratty kids not getting their way, they through tantrums all across America.

They are about to discover that their tantrums were a little too early. For them the worst is yet to come. Two conservative judges are about to join the SCOTUS. First, Gorsuch replacing Scalia, and next in June, another replacing Kennedy.

This will give conservatives a majority on the court. Then all of President Trump’s wishes, (Muslim ban, imprisoning sanctuary city leaders, ban of abortion on demand, full gun freedom, etc), will become reality.

But that is just the start of the liberal nightmare. After this, it won’t be long before Ruth Bader Ginsburg (well into her 80’s) will retire. Same with aging Breyer. Trump will again appoint 2 more conservatives, from the very conservative list he announced during the campaign.

Even this isn’t the last word on it. With conservatives then having a solid lock on the SCOTUS, it won't be long before Sotomayer and Kagan grow tired of constantly being outvoted. They will see their 2 liberal votes having no effect, and will soon drop out, and take jobs in other courts, or teaching, where they’ll think they can do some “good”.

They’ll also be replaced by conservatives, and liberals will have their worst nightmare >> > a 100% conservative Supreme Court. Only thing is, this won’t be a “nightmare”. It’s really happening – unfolding right now.

upload_2017-4-5_11-43-38.png

The Constitution was written to establish the Federal govt, give it its powers, and LIMIT it to those powers, unless a long and cumbersome process was followed to amend it.

In other words, the Constitution is a CONSERVATIVE document. It gives only limited powers to the central government, and reserves the rest to the States and lower govts.

Conservative justices - that is, justices who understand and support the restrictions the Constitution imposes on government - are clearly the only ones who should be on ANY Federal court, including the Supreme Court.

Too many liberal judges regard the Constitution as an obstacle to be gotten around, in their quest for a government that does everything for everyone. Such people should obviously be kept far away from the Bench.

Doesn't matter to me what the make up of the SCOTUS, what matter's to me if they stray from the law.
That's sort of like saying I don't care if we let foxes into the hen house, I only care if they eat the chickens.

It matters a lot what the makeup of the Supreme Court is. Putting liberals on the bench is like letting foxes into the hen house. Never a good idea, because they are pretty much guaranteed to stray from the law.

Doesn't matter to me what the make up of the SCOTUS, what matter's to me if they stray from the law.
That's sort of like saying I don't care if we let foxes into the hen house, I only care if they eat the chickens.

It matters a lot what the makeup of the Supreme Court is. Putting liberals on the bench is like letting foxes into the hen house. Never a good idea, because they are pretty much guaranteed to stray from the law.

So say you. You think anyone who is not of your particular thinking strays from the law. You know you have some fucked up thinking.

So say you. You think anyone who is not of your particular thinking strays from the law. You know you have some fucked up thinking.
No, I think that anyone who is not of the Constitution's particular thinking, strays from the law. This has been demonstrated time and again through the course of U.S. jurisprudence.

One of us has "fucked up thinking", but it isn't me.

For example >> Judge Robard straying from the law in negating Trump's Muslim ban, which only the president has power to do, not some dopey judge in Washington.

For example >> Judge Robard straying from the law in negating Trump's Muslim ban, which only the president has power to do, not some dopey judge in Washington.
But the Million Dollar Question is 'How the hell is he getting away with it?' and 'why is he not being impeached for judicial over reach?'

But the Million Dollar Question is 'How the hell is he getting away with it?' and 'why is he not being impeached for judicial over reach?'
1. Hopefully these rogue judges will get what's coming to them. Maybe it's just a matter of time. Trump is incredibly busy, as are his cabinet leaders.

2. When the SCOTUS becomes majority conservatives (possibly 2 months from now), all these dumb rulings will be overruled.

I'm curious, Now that we seemingly have thrown in the towel on bipartisan cooperation, what is going to prevent the Dems from continuing to change the rules when they regain power so they can appoint a Liberal SCOTUS? This precedent that we are on the path of setting is only going to lead to the destruction of the foundation of our political system.

Sweet!!!

Will liberal justices retire out of disgust? Lets hope so.
Not just disgust, but when outvoted 7 to 2, their presence on the SCOTUS has no meaning. They might be able to do something (achieve something) somewhere else.

I'm curious, Now that we seemingly have thrown in the towel on bipartisan cooperation, what is going to prevent the Dems from continuing to change the rules when they regain power so they can appoint a Liberal SCOTUS? This precedent that we are on the path of setting is only going to lead to the destruction of the foundation of our political system.
They will NEVER regain power.. They are HISTORY.

Now that we seemingly have thrown in the towel on bipartisan cooperation, what is going to prevent the Dems from continuing to change the rules when they regain power so they can appoint a Liberal SCOTUS?

2nd Amendment.

They will NEVER regain power.. They are HISTORY.
HISTORY would disagree with you. If the trend of this presidency continues the GOP is only going to have a 4 year stretch... The pendulum shift may be quicker than you realize.

Now that we seemingly have thrown in the towel on bipartisan cooperation, what is going to prevent the Dems from continuing to change the rules when they regain power so they can appoint a Liberal SCOTUS?

2nd Amendment.
Good point, why shouldn't the Dem's go nuclear on the second amendment and repeal it if they have consensus from their party? Or any other policy? Do you see how reckless and dangerous this, rule changing "nuclear option" is? Reid started it and it was a big mistake. If the Reps follow suit they are just as guilty.

Forum List

Back