Michael Cohen admits to all the crimes he was sentenced for, and he also admits Trump never asked him to pay Stormy Daniels any money...

I agree with everything except I disagree about the jail time though....just because something like that is martyrdom material, and also in the big picture, a small potato contempt charge is not worthy of arresting a former president, and yes, even if this former President is being disrespectful to the law....the appearance around the world of the USA would be diminished.

And it would also, postpone the trial...

Having to jail him for any felony conviction that he may get in the other more important alleged crimes, is going to be hard enough.... Guilty or treasonous Leaders aren't usually jailed, they are extradited to another country...who knows what will really happen here if guilty verdicts do come???

Judge Merchan is doing a good job controlling this trial and not having this trial turn in to a circus, and he's moving it along quite smoothly.... Both sides seem fairly happy....
I thought the same thing at first. I also don’t think Trump should be jailed for what he’s being charged with in this trial. But he is continuously violating the gag order and fines mean nothing to him. At some point he should be warned that if he does it again he will go to jail on contempt. And if he does then that’s what should happen. No trial delays just a cell in between court hearings.

Yes, he will be a martyr to his people, he already is. But anybody else who disrespects the law this often would be held to account and Trump IMO is not special

And Bragg has this guy as his prime witness. As I said a while ago, that is suborning perjury, which should never be permitted. And the hack judge will also permit suborning perjury, that is where we are in 2024.

No lawyer, whether prosecutor or defense counsel, civil or criminal, may knowingly present lies to a jury and then sit idly by while opposing counsel struggles to contain this pollution of the trial.” [ United States v. LaPage (9th Cir. 2000) 231 F3d 488, 492—criminal conviction overturned where prosecutor failed to correct prosecutorial testimony known to be false] (emphasis added)​

What kind of bullshit is this?

Forum List

Back