One of St. Louis’ tallest office buildings sells for only $3.6 million....2% of it's peak price

And so unnecessary

There was a period during the first 3 or 4 months when the virus was overwhelming our hospitals

The panic that followed was somewhat understandable

But shutting down the economy for months on end did did more harm than the wuflu itself
Not sure what you mean by "shutting down" the economy for months on end. Mid March to End of June or so. By the end of July, 2020, I was back to doing normal stuff..and so was most everyone else.
Albeit with masking in some locations and some social distancing (grocery store). Nothing that was inconvenience. I remember going to a sit down dinner in late July, 2020.

Not sure what you mean by "shutting down" the economy for months on end. Mid March to End of June or so. By the end of July, 2020, I was back to doing normal stuff..and so was most everyone else.
Albeit with masking in some locations and some social distancing (grocery store). Nothing that was inconvenience. I remember going to a sit down dinner in late July, 2020.
Your experience was not the same as everyone else

Up to 2 years later we were still fighting some of the teachers unions to reopen classes

When government started paying people not to work many people did not want to ever go back to work again

Now the economy is nowhere as good as it would have been without the shutdown

Up to 2 years later we were still fighting some of the teachers unions to reopen classes

When government started paying people not to work many people did not want to ever go back to work again

I'm afraid that "experience" goes back to the power structure in place in Washington, DC at the time. Had the response at the federal level from the guy sitting in the WH on down been swift and competent, the majority of damage to people and the economy would have been lessened. As it was, in the absence of leadership from the top, governors, mayors, and business leaders had to make the tough calls to close things down.

I'm afraid that "experience" goes back to the power structure in place in Washington, DC at the time. Had the response at the federal level from the guy sitting in the WH on down been swift and competent, the majority of damage to people and the economy would have been lessened. As it was, in the absence of leadership from the top, governors, mayors, and business leaders had to make the tough calls to close things down.
Trump did respond as much as he was able

But the wuflu was essentially a local issue

Trump did respond as much as he was able

But the wuflu was essentially a local issue
Sorry, like it or not, response starts from the feds and proceeds down from there. And the guy at the top thought it wasn't a problem. Said so himself on January 22nd before he climbed on a plane home from Davos.

Sorry, like it or not, response starts from the feds and proceeds down from there. And the guy at the top thought it wasn't a problem. Said so himself on January 22nd before he climbed on a plane home from Davos.
The feds responded

But the disease had to be fought by local jurisdictions

Those who did not go back to work obviously found another way to survive because those benefits ran out a couple years ago. And if they are surviving without working good on them. Did we really need them all back in the workforce?

Those who did not go back to work obviously found another way to survive because those benefits ran out a couple years ago. And if they are surviving without working good on them. Did we really need them all back in the workforce?
I dont care if they starve

Which they would not have

They were just cruising along on the taxpayers dime

I dont care if they starve

Which they would not have

They were just cruising along on the taxpayers dime
Or they were furloughed by their companies who panicked in the face of a plunging economy and a non-response by the administration in power and had to take the government money to stay afloat.

That's been the alt-right/right wing/conservative mantra for decades. Any welfare is for degenerates who don't want to work.

Again, simple explanations..for people easily led.

Or they were furloughed by their companies who panicked in the face of a plunging economy and a non-response by the administration in power and had to take the government money to stay afloat.

That's been the alt-right/right wing/conservative mantra for decades. Any welfare is for degenerates who don't want to work.

Again, simple explanations..for people easily led.
That applies to libs also who insist on ignoring all the bad habits of welfare bums

Or that any welfare bums even exist

That applies to libs also who insist on ignoring all the bad habits of welfare bums

Or that any welfare bums even exist
Same mantra from the right I've heard since Reagan parroted it in the 80's.
Just as false then as it is now.

You will always have people who take advantage of the system. Quite a few of them in white Appalachia.

But most..want to work. Especially the migrants who come here from "shithole" countries.

Same mantra from the right I've heard since Reagan parroted it in the 80's.
Just as false then as it is now.

You will always have people who take advantage of the system. Quite a few of them in white Appalachia.

But most..want to work. Especially the migrants who come here from "shithole" countries.
Some, or perhaps many first generation migrants may want to work

It varies according to the individual

But many swim the river dripping with a sense of entitlement

Which has been fed by biden and democrat mayors making fools of themselves by showering the migrants with unearned goodies

Some, or perhaps many first generation migrants may want to work

It varies according to the individual

But many swim the river dripping with a sense of entitlement

Which has been fed by biden and democrat mayors making fools of themselves by showering the migrants with unearned goodies
Do people owe the nation by being a part of the work force?

Forum List

Back