Squatters

Oh, I recognize the law, I simply disagree that people can steal your property and you have to jump through legal hoops to get it back. It shouldn’t be that way. It shouldn’t take all that to prove you have squatters.

A lease agreement, signature matching shouldn’t be hard to do. I mean, election workers have to signature matching for votes, and they aren’t signature experts either. Im sure a police officer could do just as well
I never said it should be that way.
I said that it IS THAT WAY

The explanation lies in our legal system.
In which "possession is 9/10th of the law."

Imagine giving the the authority to drag people out of their homes over a ownership dispute
NOW
Imagine that same paradigm with "swatting."

Change the law but be careful of those pesky "unintended results."

I never said it should be that way.
I said that it IS THAT WAY

The explanation lies in our legal system.
In which "possession is 9/10th of the law."

Imagine giving the the authority to drag people out of their homes over a ownership dispute
NOW
Imagine that same paradigm with "swatting."

Change the law but be careful of those pesky "unintended results."
Don’t know, sure seems like you are finding every excuse in the book to defend the squatters.

anyway, just another example of how fucked up this country is, when homeowners have to spend thousands of dollars and months to try to get people out of your home who are there illegally, and then, when you finally do get them out, you find they’ve done tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to your home, and you have no recourse to get it fixed, because heck no, you can’t sue the squatters…oh no, you just spent 6 months trying to get them out of your house…now you are going to spend another year and thousands of dollars more in legal fees to try and sue them? And the likely outcome would be “sorry, we can’t help you” anyway.

Oh, I recognize the law, I simply disagree that people can steal your property and you have to jump through legal hoops to get it back. It shouldn’t be that way. It shouldn’t take all that to prove you have squatters.

A lease agreement, signature matching shouldn’t be hard to do. I mean, election workers have to signature matching for votes, and they aren’t signature experts either. Im sure a police officer could do just as well
Turn off the Gas ,Water ,and Electricity. Then throw in a stink bomb.

Turn off the Gas ,Water ,and Electricity. Then throw in a stink bomb.
Nah, they’ll sue you for that…and win! Homeowners apparently have very little rights when it comes to protecting your property…who’da thunk it..

Nah, they’ll sue you for that…and win! Homeowners apparently have very little rights when it comes to protecting your property…who’da thunk it..
Well ,then. Just break all the Windows and throw in the Stink Bomb. Or better yet ,hire some Street thugs to loot the place.

If you own the home and come back to squatters your title and paperwork is inside the home? This is not rocket science. IF it is not paid off you show a trail of payments to BofA or whatever? You show property taxes paid on that house. This is a two hour problem, not 90 days in Court. FLA fixed it I think just recently. There are TITLE companies in most states.

If you rent the home and come back to squatters you have history of rent payments? Maybe the landlords name and number? This is not rocket science. Quick phone call or the Landlord goes down to the station. This does not take 90 days either. Maybe over a weekend you might not be able to get into your home?

Don't shoot the messenger I am just brainstorming here.

Don’t know, sure seems like you are finding every excuse in the book to defend the squatters.

anyway, just another example of how fucked up this country is, when homeowners have to spend thousands of dollars and months to try to get people out of your home who are there illegally, and then, when you finally do get them out, you find they’ve done tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to your home, and you have no recourse to get it fixed, because heck no, you can’t sue the squatters…oh no, you just spent 6 months trying to get them out of your house…now you are going to spend another year and thousands of dollars more in legal fees to try and sue them? And the likely outcome would be “sorry, we can’t help you” anyway.
Please quote anything I said that DEFENDED SQUATTERS.
I defended the police who you demand drag people out of their homes in violation of the law.
I stated the law and its meaning.
But I never ever defended squatters in this context.

ergo...
You are a liar
or
Incredibly lacking in basic English skills

So, you’re in the camp of squatters right then eh? You’re completely happy with someone stealing your property, forcing the owner to spend thousands of dollars and months in court trying to reclaim their property.

This is why this country is so fucked up
He is either a young child, or a man-child who has never worked a day in his life.
"Do you not think they could get a blank lease of the internet, fill in the blanks ...

Now they have a lease.
You claim it is invalid.
They say it is valid."

The lease must be signed by the owner and the tenant both. You're not a bright one.
No, he's just a shitlord.
Use Stink Bombs.
Or disconnect the exhaust vent for the heater...

Forum List

Back