The Boston Tea Party was an act of terrorism

Was the Boston Tea Party an act of terrorism?

• Total voters
Mob action. 1773 all connected.

John Malcom

Tea act

Tea party

I’ve been advocating the return of tar and feathers for years now.

I’ve been advocating the return of tar and feathers for years now.
I have only half-jokingly advocated bringing back the stocks.

I believe in shaming, something MAGA has made irrelevant. They're mostly proud of things that would've shamed Americans in the past, into correcting behaviors and apologies.

I have only half-jokingly advocated bringing back the stocks.

I believe in shaming, something MAGA has made irrelevant. They're mostly proud of things that would've shamed Americans in the past, into correcting behaviors and apologies.

If your diet is irony poor, try posts by the dainty.

Back on topic:

“terrorism.”

Bwahahahahaha.

If your diet is irony poor, try posts by the dainty.

Back on topic:

“terrorism.”

Bwahahahahaha.
usmb backagain trolls .png

A horde of White men disguised themselves as Native Americans — coppering their faces and donning headdresses in the same tradition that would lead to blackfaced minstrel shows decades later — to commit seditious conspiracy and destroy private property. The riotous mob trespassed on three ships and destroyed goods worth nearly $2 million in today’s money — all because they didn’t want to obey a duly passed law.
I love this article, if for nothing else that it speaks truths, while asking serious questions

all because they didn’t want to obey a duly passed law

Nah, what was coming was what happened with other British colonies. Colonists in America were not alone in their arguments against the Parliament and influencers in the Sovereign's Court. And the Boston Tea Party was not about breaking with the Sovereign.
Those loyalist were here much longer than many rebels. They made the colony what it was at the time. Your views on colonial American and early USA history are stuck at the Junior High School level.

Some of the most celebrated arguments came from Colonists who later broke with the rebels over going against the Sovereign. They were loyalists, yet the rebels incited groups using the arguments of those very same loyalists.
bump

Good gawd... :eusa_wall:

From the article, posted in the OP, Post #1: Two separate items listed, which are mutually exclusive? :dunno:

to commit seditious conspiracy and destroy private property
From the article, posted in the OP, Post #1: Actions not against the government?
:dunno:

all because they didn’t want to obey a duly passed law

Facts: not like your distorted opinions "the tea would be taxed at the point of entry in colonial ports." The East India Company was not taxing anyone. The British Parliament was.
"Boston's consignees petition the governor to safeguard the tea once it arrives, but with British forces confined to Castle William since the unfortunate events of the Boston Massacre, Hutchinson is powerless to oblige. The streets belong to the opposition." (sounds like ANTIFA to me).

Governor Hutchinson is incensed, calling the dumping of the tea high treason

to commit seditious conspiracy and destroy private property

A horde of White men disguised themselves as Native Americans — coppering their faces and donning headdresses in the same tradition that would lead to blackfaced minstrel shows decades later — to commit seditious conspiracy and destroy private property. The riotous mob trespassed on three ships and destroyed goods worth nearly $2 million in today’s money — all because they didn’t want to obey a duly passed law.
I love this article, if for nothing else that it speaks truths, while asking serious questions

So much to unpack.

First of all, the face paint disguises used by the perpetrators of the Tea Party has absolutely nothing to do with a tradition among minstrels. Nothing.

Second of all, it was an act of vandalism. No one was terrorized. Some crazy colonists destroyed some cargo owned by the East India Company. Pissed off the higher ups in the company, so they did was any rich group has done, start a war.

So much to unpack.

1) First of all, the face paint disguises used by the perpetrators of the Tea Party has absolutely nothing to do with a tradition among minstrels. Nothing.

Second of all, it was an act of vandalism. No one was terrorized. Some crazy colonists destroyed some cargo owned by the East India Company. Pissed off the higher ups in the company, so they did was any rich group has done, start a war.
So much to refute.

1) "A horde of White men disguised themselves as Native Americans — coppering their faces and donning headdresses in the same tradition that would lead to blackfaced minstrel shows decades later" -- read it again

You've run past previous posts. I get it. The posts that explain away the rest of your gibberish.

sad

Forum List

Back