Zone1 $100,000 Windfall

Retirement savings, my healthcare if I can afford it and try to live.

You have an extra $100000 for me to try it out? :(
I’ve got it coming out of a 4.88% CD soon. I could roll it over again, but I’m feeling like doing something more risky and less trackable, inflation and all.

Hookers and blow?

Fuck, I have 300K I stuck in the bank last week I have to move around this week.....CDs and money market I guess.
It looks like Trump is too far ahead for Dems to cheat to a win, meaning I would put that in the stock market. He will cut the business regs, keep the lowered corporate tax rate in place, and companies will be poised to continue doing well, and increasing real wages, as they did under Term 1.

That would be about right....I check this past friday and I can get 5.1% for 11 months with 100K.
I just bought an immediate annuity (with less than 15% of my portfolio) that pays out 7.8% for life. We haven’t seen rates this high in 20 years.

(Mom is 95, Dad died at 94, one grandma at 95, great-grandpa at 93, and uncle at 98. A lifetime annuity is a good bet for me.)

I just bought an immediate annuity (with less than 15% of my portfolio) that pays out 7.8% for life. We haven’t seen rates this high in 20 years.

(Mom is 95, Dad died at 94, one grandma at 95, great-grandpa at 93, and uncle at 98. A lifetime annuity is a good bet for me.)
That's worth looking into!

That's worth looking into!
If you’re interested in a suggestion from an Internet stranger, here’s how I decided on the amount to buy:

I took the total of my basic expenses - mortgage, utilities, food, insurance, etc. - and subtracted out my SS payment. I bought an annuity that would pay out the amount short I was, thereby assuring that I can cover my living expenses no matter what happens.

But act quickly. I think interest rates will start to come down in the next 6 months or so.

That was a good investment a while back. Had to get in early and get out when it was hot.
A dividend paying stock....
Like Energy Transfer. Between capital gains and dividends it makes roughly 8%+ yoy. It's gone as high as 12-30% returns depending on the year. You can either DRIP the dividends or have them deposited in an account.
Or since bonds are hot....coupon bonds where interest payments are done the same way as dividends. Companies like GM or Chrysler issue bonds at high interest . Fairly safe. Bonds from CCP? Uhhhhh NO Evergreen keeps missing payments.

Tech stocks like NVDIA might do better in the short run as investors run for large cap safe havens....but then you have to watch it too closely. Things will turn around and bank stocks and commercial paper are not that safe anymore. Bank stocks are kinda dead at the moment.

Otherwise....a REIT (real estate investment trust) They aren't making anymore land. Things like leases for cell towers strip malls and doctor offices. Or some other sort of real estate investment. Cash in real estate is solid....it can take a while to get your money out if not in the market....but it's solid income too.

Gold is too high to squeeze anything out of that. I would probably do some short term options trading, about the only area where one can average over 50% returns, with half of it. All the other suggestions here are paying essentially negative interest rates relative to real inflation and are going to disappear in a crash. FDIC only covers so much. The other half goes for some toys and tools and a trip to Vegas, Germany, and stuff for the grandkids. I don't need it, so it might all just go for the latter.

Forum List

Back