114 Democrats Urge Obama to Use Executive Orders to Circumvent Congress and the Constitution

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
114 House Democrats Urge Obama to Sidestep Congress for Gun Control - Breitbart

On November 23 Representative Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA) and 113 of his Democrat colleagues submitted a letter urging President Obama to circumvent Congress by using executive action to expand background checks to cover private gun sales.

The letter says:

The Republican leadership in Congress continues to sit on their hands as gun violence becomes America’s new normal,” and asks Obama to simply go away the people’s elected leadership and institute gun control unilaterally…Since Congress won’t step up, the President should. Through executive action he can help keep guns from criminals, domestic abusers and the dangerously mentally ill. Something needs to be done and since Republicans in Congress can’t even bring themselves to hold a vote, this is the best option to make our country safer and save lives

The House Democrats’ push for executive action came on the same day that 24 Senate Democrats urged Obama to go around Congress and implement more gun control via executive action. The Senate action, which was headed by Sens. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Chris Murphy (D-CT), followed on the heels of Senator Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) calls for action following the August 26 on-air attack against a Virginia reporter and her cameraman.

Dhimmicrats have no moral, legal or principled restraint to their lust for power.

So much for things like "separation of powers" and "checks & balances".

They see the writing on the wall. They're gonna lose the WH next year as well as Congress so they're willing to do anything (legal or not) to advance their agenda while there's still time.

Imagine the power President (and Nut-in-Chief) Sanders will have when he can just nationalize everything in sight with the stroke of a pen. Or maybe just a semi-coherent whisper into a phone (if he can figure out how to use one).

when did they supposedly do this the been on thanksgiving break since Monday before that it was the raid on Paris before that it was refuges and the epa.

rightwing world

tumblr_nslkmaRCoP1uoos4uo1_500.gif

and that should tell you who all the TRAITORS ARE in this country and your government. and just think you voted for them. how sick is that

they took an oath to follow and protect our constitution of the United States and that doesn't include stepping on our RIGHTS written in it

They see the writing on the wall. They're gonna lose the WH next year as well as Congress so they're willing to do anything (legal or not) to advance their agenda while there's still time.
Every one of those 114 SOBs should be whipped and pickled.

and that should tell you who all the TRAITORS ARE in this country and your government. and just think you voted for them. how sick is that

they took an oath to follow and protect our constitution of the United States and that doesn't include stepping on our RIGHTS written in it
Happy thanksgiving Stephanie

Oh, that is so like last century, dude.

/sarc

The Dhimmicrats will agree to anything their Fearless Leader tells them he can do, and the Constitution is just a shred of paper to them.

Happy thanksgiving Stephanie
You're a good guy guno . Give me your address and I'll send you a Honey Baked Spiral Cut Ham for Christmas.

Oh, that is so like last century, dude.

/sarc

The Dhimmicrats will agree to anything their Fearless Leader tells them he can do, and the Constitution is just a shred of paper to them.
Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Forum List

Back