16 inches of snow & -17

Not as bad here...received about 4" last night, but about an 1/8" ice on top of it - and it is snowing again right now.
I also hate winter.

• Banned
Not as bad here...received about 4" last night, but about an 1/8" ice on top of it - and it is snowing again right now.
I also hate winter.

Yeah we got about 1/4 inch of ice under the snow from a couple days ago. Dunno which I hate more. Had just got the ice off the steps but not the driveway.

God I HATE winter. Its so windy I think all the neighbors snow is in my driveway. Crazy drifts up to 3 feet deep

WOW! How terrible all the weather people are suffering through. Makes me feel less :evil: knowing that we, on the coast, are supposed to have snow tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow night.

Hang tight good people. You are in my thoughts. ( can only speak for myself )

We got it BAD today. Ice ice baby, 1/2" on every-freakin'-thing. Lost power at 8:30am. Called all over and found a generator at the local hardware. Hubs came home, got it up and running, plugged in the sump pump and .... overload. Tried and tried, nope. Finished basement filling with water the entire time. Got a hold of a neighbor electrician, he tried all the tricks he knew ... the damn thing wouldn't even keep a hairdryer running on hot. Called the 800#, told the guy what was happening, he says "oh, your invertor board is bad we can send you a new one". Fuuuccck. By this time the entire carpet is soaked and we are this close to the water hitting the the working parts of the water heater, heater, treadmill and freezer. Asked another neighbor if by chance he had an extra generator. This guy's house gets tons of water and last year he put a huge permanent generator on a cement pad outside of his house and as luck would have it, he kept his $3k generator. Bless him, bless him, bless him. We ran it for about 2 hours, got the water level down, all appliances spared, power came back on around 5pm or so. I love electricity. Know what I'm doing tomorrow? Baking my generator neighbor a homemade cake and a batch of chocolate chips for my other electrician neighbor!

Water in carpet will get sucked up and dried out and it will either survive or it wont', dont' care at this point. Also lucky that my youngest was home today and we managed to get most everything out of the basement so no electronics were lost and most furniture we got out too. Besides, after last year this stuff doesn't phase me nearly as much. And, things could have been much worse. The electrician neighbor's wife was at her parents, big old oaks on property, a 300lb one came crashing into her parent's $50K just finished sunroom addition. No one was hurt but there's a tree crashed through their house.

So yeah, stay safe you guys. Main roads here (NE PA) are ok, side roads a mess, ice bringing down wires and trees. Scary driving.

We got it BAD today. Ice ice baby, 1/2" on every-freakin'-thing. Lost power at 8:30am. Called all over and found a generator at the local hardware. Hubs came home, got it up and running, plugged in the sump pump and .... overload. Tried and tried, nope. Finished basement filling with water the entire time. Got a hold of a neighbor electrician, he tried all the tricks he knew ... the damn thing wouldn't even keep a hairdryer running on hot. Called the 800#, told the guy what was happening, he says "oh, your invertor board is bad we can send you a new one". Fuuuccck. By this time the entire carpet is soaked and we are this close to the water hitting the the working parts of the water heater, heater, treadmill and freezer. Asked another neighbor if by chance he had an extra generator. This guy's house gets tons of water and last year he put a huge permanent generator on a cement pad outside of his house and as luck would have it, he kept his $3k generator. Bless him, bless him, bless him. We ran it for about 2 hours, got the water level down, all appliances spared, power came back on around 5pm or so. I love electricity. Know what I'm doing tomorrow? Baking my generator neighbor a homemade cake and a batch of chocolate chips for my other electrician neighbor!

Water in carpet will get sucked up and dried out and it will either survive or it wont', dont' care at this point. Also lucky that my youngest was home today and we managed to get most everything out of the basement so no electronics were lost and most furniture we got out too. Besides, after last year this stuff doesn't phase me nearly as much. And, things could have been much worse. The electrician neighbor's wife was at her parents, big old oaks on property, a 300lb one came crashing into her parent's $50K just finished sunroom addition. No one was hurt but there's a tree crashed through their house.

So yeah, stay safe you guys. Main roads here (NE PA) are ok, side roads a mess, ice bringing down wires and trees. Scary driving.

im sorry to hear you got hit bad zoom....

I hope you have Flood insurance Zoom. Good luck

No flood insurance, don't live in a flood zone. No rider on the insurance either. It's ok, it's just the carpet and some bobo pieces of furniture. What we need is a good back up system. Had one years ago and it broke after not much use, never got another cause we figured it would just break again. Going to call the hardware store to see if they'll take the generator back. It doesn't work so they should take it back but they're a mom and pop store so ... we'll see. If they dont' take it back I'll get the replacement inverter board from the company, hook it up, test the thing and hope it works. If not ... I will raise the roof and someone will refund mah money!!

Talked to the hardware store and the mfg. The hardware store assured me the generator would work on a 1/3hp sump pump. Mfg said that this machine would not do that, it wasn't rated for something requiring that much power on startup and running. Hardware store said they would take it back. Just have to empty out the gas and oil and repack it. Sweet.

Forum List

Back