20 Gauge Hand Cannon

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Someone gave me this at a garage sale a couple years ago. It's a Springfield J. Steven single-shot 20 gauge shotgun that someone had shortened. It was well within the legal limits, having a 19-3/8" barrel and a 26-1/2" overall length. The law also states there must be a bead or a sight on the end of the barrel, which I added.

I took it out to the back yard range and fired some 20 gauge slugs through it, just for shits and giggles....

hand cannon1.jpg

hand cannon2.jpg

hand cannon3.jpg

hand cannon4.jpg

The target was set at 10 yards, or 30 feet...

hand cannon5.jpg

Not too bad. The extra holes are from the wads...

hand cannon6.jpg

hand cannon7.jpg

It patterns pretty well with shot...

hand cannon8.jpg

I have some 20 gauge buckshot stored away somewhere. I'll have to dig some out and give it a try.

Nice... reminds me of a Coach gun I used to own.

I had the pleasure of rummaging through a large block building in a residential neighborhood the last couple days. It was once a car and truck repair garage, and the man also was a gunsmith and a firearms dealer.

He passed away, but his son let me dig through the shop. There were bins of gun parts everywhere, reloading equipment, and a few guns. One of them was a 12-gauge double-barrel "coach" gun, as I called it. It looked like a pretty nice trap-grade gun that had shortened down to 24". The guy said his dad had been robbed once so he kept that gun around.

I Couldn't get his son to part with it though.

Forum List

Back