2021 Garden Thread

Just as I feared---got my live plants in the ground and now it is supposed to frost the next two nights.

Mine are not in yet, flowers are. I been hit with late frost and freezes every year, not this time I hope.

That is all behind us at this point. I replaced the ones damaged and am starting in on seed crops.

Everything more or less up but stunted in this mid atlantic drought + early heat. Hopefully T-storms roll in on us today and tomorrow. Planted some dill seeds I forgot to plant today. Maybe they will do something. Got a few profusion crabapples from Sam's Club on closeout I dropped into the ground.

As the title suggests, the basics here ...
basically

What's the Difference Between All the Types of Tomatoes?​

Beefsteak vs. cherry vs. grape vs. heirloom vs. plum.

Our saved seeds collection tends to be a bit jumbled, but odds are we'll have most to all of these once they set fruit.

We will be sowing seeds here in a few weeks. I need to but some seeds if we can find them now.

First frost tonight so that will be end of the 2021 garden except for greens, garlic and onions

First frost tonight so that will be end of the 2021 garden except for greens, garlic and onions
My garlic going in this week. :) 8# of it, 4 pounds "music" and 4 pounds European reds, hardnecks. I been planting garlic 11 years now. I had been doing great with what we call "winter onions". No not egyptian walkers but winters. Much like a shallot. Damn ground squirels/chipmunks found them, and my vidalias. They don't touch the garlic though.

Forum List

Back