2021 Oscars

I used to have one of the top high end 4K disc players made, and would buy a movie or two a week.

Then the wokeness was just getting started. Movies were beginning to be filled with political activism and virtue signaling. I slowly quit buying movies and eventually stopped. I sold the high end oppo disc player. I haven't watched a new movie in years. It's all just rehashed crap about some twit with super powers all wrapped up in CGI and leftism.

I honestly couldn't care less about degenerate ass wipe leftist celebrities all getting dressed up so they can get together and self congratulate themselves on how woke they are. Bunch of pathetic trash.

I used to have one of the top high end 4K disc players made, and would buy a movie or two a week.

Then the wokeness was just getting started. Movies were beginning to be filled with political activism and virtue signaling. I slowly quit buying movies and eventually stopped. I sold the high end oppo disc player. I haven't watched a new movie in years. It's all just rehashed crap about some twit with super powers all wrapped up in CGI and leftism.

I honestly couldn't care less about degenerate ass wipe leftist celebrities all getting dressed up so they can get together and self congratulate themselves on how woke they are. Bunch of pathetic trash.
Same here ....

I have nothing for Hollywood these days.

Don't watch any movies or TV shows .

Been that way for years now and do not miss any of it.

LOL, just watching the last 30 minutes or so...black people took over the Oscars!!! This is hysterical watching white Hollywood look so uncomfortable trying so hard to "act" woke.

All I know is that tomorrow there will be a story that not enough "people of color" were nominated.
There never are. At the same time, the guidelines they put in place for best picture consideration a few years ago (they were talking about it--not sure if they did it) were silly. Silence of the Lambs wouldn't have won an OSCAR under those rules.

I suppose there will never be any more movies made from stories by Shakespeare, Dickens or Steinbeck. What a shame.

I have not watched any awards show in years. Because of the restrictions on the ability to be considered these candidates have been just awful. The only movie I saw was Nomadland and that stunk.

So much right wing pain and hate on display....delicious!

Promising Young Woman was a pedestrian movie though. Not sure why it was heralded so much. It didn't tell 1/2 the story and wasted the skills of two of the better actors out there; Jennifer Coolidge (Best in Show) and Clancy Brown (Shawshank).

Nomadland was the correct and rightful winner. One of the better films I've seen. Trivia bit about the movie. Frances MacDormond (sp?) actually did a lot of the jobs she portrayed in the movie to prepare for her role in the movie (worked in a bakery, kitchen, at an Amazon warehouse, handling sugar beets). She wanted authenticity so she did the jobs. The director, Chloe Zhao (sp? again) told her that she needed to stop doing it because she was too tired to "act tired". Good win.

The only good (sometimes great) movies I watch commercial-free these days are shown on TCM, (That's Turner CLASSIC Movies for you supposedly woke ass democrats!) and IndiePlexHD. Many of them were made prior to 1950.

I haven't been to a movie theater in the last 15 years.

I also find that some of the foreign movies are worth watching...and do not include a single Hollywood actor.

If the entire state of California were to slide into the Pacific tomorrow, I would survive just fine. Everything I get from California can be had from other sources.

Nothing but a bunch of perverted cocksuckers, labia lickers and lemmings.

I read up on the supposed best of this year.

My final word on the films of 2020: pervy, artsy-fartsy, slumber fests full angst, snot-stained hanky talk, broke-dick mountain skanks and other stuff like that. In other words, a steaming pile of womanish crap.

Apparently Anthony Hopkins won something which is cool because he is a truly great actor AND he doesn't comment on politics. As an added bonus he has publicly stated that most Actors are stupid. What's not to like?

Forum List

Back