21st Century Ganja Farming

Treeshepherd

Wood Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 17, 2014
Endor
This is my XJ-13, pictures taken a week+ ago. None of the farmers I know like to smoke this strain, but it's very popular in Southern California, and that's why we grow so much of it. It has a high THC content without sedative effects so it makes you hyper and stoned at the same time.

wp-1580264095137.jpg

Here is a macro shot of this^^ bud..We waited for some of these trichomes to turn amber-colored before we harvested;

wp-1580264055498.jpg

Tomorrow I will take you on a tour of my mixing room. I will show my pumps, valves and tanks. It will be very boring, even for a Wednesday.

hydro tables, drip irrigation, rock wool cubes;
wp-1580534871151.jpg

Recirculating hydroponics is an important technology for Earth and our future space colonies.

Nutrient runoff flows into the adjacent tank room where it is massively diluted and treated with UV radiation and ozone before reuse. We adjust our nutrient formula based on what is present in the dilution tanks. We predict what adjustments are needed based on data from lab tested water samples and leaf tissue analysis.

American made Gator pump circulating my dilution tanks non-stop for the last two years 24/7/365;

wp-1580490708823.jpg

Our ACs and dehums capture moisture from the grow room where plants are transpiring, returning over 200 gallons per day, so our net water usage is quite low. This is how we can grow weed on Mars, after our Space Force conquers the solar system.

Sexy red Leader pump recirculating my feed tank and my smart Dabs pump which maintains an even 44psi to my drippers no matter what;

wp-1580490784090.jpg

All my tanks have EchoSonic level sensors which register their levels on my PLC (box to left of grow room 2 doors). I use the touch screen to move the contents of one tank to another, or to automate a sequence of events;

wp-1580490893232.jpg

Feed tank, solenoids, Judo filter;

wp-1580536460523.jpg

My clones will be ready for transplant, probably Friday. You can follow along if you like, as I post updates and pics during this next crop which will probably be a Cinco de Mayo harvest or thereabouts.

Damn.... VERY pro-setup man. Back in the day we just lined a basement closet with aluminum foil and grew what we called "panama red". Is that what companies buy as a 'medical grade" strain ? The concentration appears stunning.......so-called "one hit"

We don't grow from seed in commercial cannabis. We take stem cuttings and root them in trays, takes about 18 days before they're ready to transplant. Each clone of each strain (I have 3 strains this grow) is genetically identical.

wp-1581701761350.jpg

Last harvest is almost done being processed. We had to clean and disinfect the grow then upload 1848 new plants. Lotta work.
The next two weeks are easy, not much to do. So I'm going to Maui, leaving my assistant in charge. Be back a week from Monday with an update.

wp-1581701662677.jpg

Everything about Maui was superb, except for the weed. Most of it is outdoor, because electricity prices are so high. The nug I bought seemed like it was dried in a hot room, harsh, made me cough.

So I'm back and everything looks good. Nice big fan leaves. Roots exploding out the bottom. They've been topped, and now they're established enough so they won't stress if we start pruning them down to the desired number of branches.

wp-1582650672027.jpg

roots;
wp-1582650636162.jpg

This is my XJ-13, pictures taken a week+ ago. None of the farmers I know like to smoke this strain, but it's very popular in Southern California, and that's why we grow so much of it. It has a high THC content without sedative effects so it makes you hyper and stoned at the same time.

wp-1580264095137.jpg

Here is a macro shot of this^^ bud..We waited for some of these trichomes to turn amber-colored before we harvested;

wp-1580264055498.jpg

Tomorrow I will take you on a tour of my mixing room. I will show my pumps, valves and tanks. It will be very boring, even for a Wednesday.

Ganja Freeturd is that you?

wp-1580264095137.jpg

wp-1580264055498.jpg

Very impressive setup. I am guessing what you are growing is an Sativa strain?

Everything about Maui was superb, except for the weed. Most of it is outdoor, because electricity prices are so high. The nug I bought seemed like it was dried in a hot room, harsh, made me cough.

So I'm back and everything looks good. Nice big fan leaves. Roots exploding out the bottom. They've been topped, and now they're established enough so they won't stress if we start pruning them down to the desired number of branches.

wp-1582650672027.jpg

roots;
wp-1582650636162.jpg

What did you do before that job?

Forum List

Back