40 years ago today: Nixon (R) resigns in disgrace

Yes - Thank Goodness for Reagonomics - Slick Willy got a free ride off of it.

Uh,, there was a president BETWEEN Reagan and Clinton, his name was George H. W. Bush (41) and there was an economic downturn in 1992. Guess that came from Reagan, too.

Gawd, you Righties really ARE that stupid, what?

:lol:
Was that supposed to be some kind of response? Reagan didnt repeal the business cycle. Wow, he must not have been god.
Clinton benefitted from Reagan's policies. Remember the "peace dividend"? Of course you dont.

So, Clinton profited from Reagan, but Bush 41, Reagan's immediate successor, did not.

You really are a stupid as you write.

Uh,, there was a president BETWEEN Reagan and Clinton, his name was George H. W. Bush (41) and there was an economic downturn in 1992. Guess that came from Reagan, too.

Was that supposed to be some kind of response? Reagan didnt repeal the business cycle. Wow, he must not have been god.
Clinton benefitted from Reagan's policies. Remember the "peace dividend"? Of course you dont.

So, Clinton profited from Reagan, but Bush 41, Reagan's immediate successor, did not.

Clinton benefited greatly from Reagan's policies. Supply side economics from Reagan, which is the policy of marginal rate tax cuts, a strong dollar, trade globalization, deregulation of key industries like energy, financial services and transportation, and a re-armed military — all of which unleashed a great wave of entrepreneurial-technological innovation that transformed and restructured the economy, resulting in a long boom prosperity that continues to throw off economic benefits to this day.

Here is a question. If it was indeed the Omnibus Act of 1993, which greatly increased taxes passed by the democrats that caused the economic recovery and was not the Tax Payer Relief Act of 1997, then why did Clinton advise Obama to extend the tax cuts?

Bill Clinton: Bush Tax Cuts Should Be Extended Temporarily (VIDEO)

Clinton, it is mostly forgotten, was on the verge of becoming a failed president in his first two years. Even the Democratic-controlled Congress had defeated his much touted stimulus package and an enormous hike in energy taxes. HillaryCare, the forerunner to Obamacare, was dead in the water by the summer of 1994, with the Senate Democrats hoisting the white flag on this signature issue on the eve of the Congressional elections.

Clinton’s most significant achievement was a huge but unpopular tax rate increase that Obama has been determined to duplicate. So unappealing was his record, the Republicans swept both houses of Congress in November for the first time in four decades.

How Reagan reelected Clinton - Forbes

Last edited:

Never said that - is that the only way you can an argument, by mis quoting and putting words in your opponents mouth ? I don't have time to humiliate you at present - but I think the Rabbi made a nice summation -- http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...xon-r-resigns-in-disgrace-22.html#post9605583

Last edited:
Ford gave up his chance to remain President for the good of the mation, a fine & honorable man.

Do you mean through his pardoning of ex-President Nixon shortly after assuming office?

YES. Ford did what was best for this nation(.)

Yes, and how many elected officials do we have today who would put the country ahead of their political future.

The last of the real statesmen imho.

Never said that - is that the only way you can an argument, by mis quoting and putting words in your opponents mouth ? I don't have time to humiliate you at present - but I think the Rabbi made a nice summation -- http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...xon-r-resigns-in-disgrace-22.html#post9605583

Its the mark of an inferior intelligence to be unable to respond appropirately to a post as written. Statistheilhitler is all over that.

Do you mean through his pardoning of ex-President Nixon shortly after assuming office?

Yes, and how many elected officials do we have today who would put the country ahead of their political future.

Or like pursuing a winning surge strategy in Iraq that was unpopular at the time and which all the pundits declared would fail?
Yes, Bush is the last of those pols who put country ahead of personal ambition.

Its the mark of an inferior intelligence to be unable to respond appropirately to a post as written. Statistheilhitler is all over that.

Tsk, tsk, fake Rabbi. All upset again. Well, if you get too upset, you can just neg me.

Oh, wait, you can't, because you lost your rep, n'est ces pas?

Yepp.

You are the true definition of butthurt from A-Z.

It is totally enjoyable see you write about "inferior intelligence".

:rofl:

Or like pursuing a winning surge strategy in Iraq that was unpopular at the time and which all the pundits declared would fail?

LOL - yeah sure he did.
45% favored his surge. 48% did not. Not a big stretch.

And it appears the anti-surge folks have been proven right. Why waste more lives when long term stability in Iraq is a fantasy.

LOL - yeah sure he did.

And it appears the anti-surge folks have been proven right. Why waste more lives when long term stability in Iraq is a fantasy.

Yepp.

It was a fucked up war from the get-go and we should NEVER have gone there in the first place. It was Bush's worst mistake. But what has happened since 2009, for good or for bad, is now firmly Pres. Obama's responsibility, not Bush's.

Last edited:
Ford gave up his chance to remain President for the good of the mation, a fine & honorable man.

Ford might have won the election if not for his "Free Poland" gaffe during the debates.

Nixon probably would have beaten the Impeachment vote but he decided to resign because he though the Nation didn't need to be put through that.

Amazing the lengths some folks go to in order to re-write history.

Sorry - I was there. You are 100% wrong.

LOL - yeah sure he did.

Yepp.

It was a fucked up war from the get-go and we should NEVER have gone there in the first place. It was Bush's worst mistake. But what happened since 2009 is now firmly Pres. Obama's responsibility, not Bush's.

Agree 100%

LOL - yeah sure he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nixon was mixed bag. Unfortunately the odor coming out of that bag is pretty bad. I do appreciate a lot of the good things he did. But the bad were sooooo bad ........

Rabbi's Rule#1: No liberal can argue without posting a logical fallacy or a factual error within 2 posts.

Tsk, tsk, fake Rabbi. All upset again. Well, if you get too upset, you can just neg me.

Oh, wait, you can't, because you lost your rep, n'est ces pas?

Yepp.

You are the true definition of butthurt from A-Z.

It is totally enjoyable see you write about "inferior intelligence".

:rofl:

Stat- I generally just obeserve these threads and I really don't agree with the Rabbi all the time , and certainly not with you -but what I do notice is that he's the one posting the information and making a valid argument - whether right or wrong and youre the one parrotting a dieing dogma with no valid or relevant argument. Ideology aside , if I were a impartial Judge on a debate - you wouldn't have scored very many points - the Rabbi basically shut you out. You need to refine your fuzzy logic - it must tickle. Regards

Amazing how, when the NEW war in Iraq is being created by the left's New Messiah He still blames it on Bush.

Shame?

A concept completely alien to liberals and, perhaps, to Kenyans in general.

Amazing how, when the NEW war in Iraq is being created by the left's New Messiah He still blames it on Bush.

Shame?

A concept completely alien to liberals and, perhaps, to Kenyans in general.

First Obama took credit for ending the war in Iraq.
Now he's blaming Bush for it.

And the lefty morons here just eat it up. Unreal.

LOL - yeah sure he did.

Yepp.

It was a fucked up war from the get-go and we should NEVER have gone there in the first place. It was Bush's worst mistake. But what has happened since 2009, for good or for bad, is now firmly Pres. Obama's responsibility, not Bush's.

Oh don't you worry Little Fella - he'll stll find a way to Blame Bush :lol:

Yes - Thank Goodness for Reagonomics - Slick Willy got a free ride off of it.

' Remember the "peace dividend"-'

lol

Did Reagan end the Cold War? Immediately after the Berlin Wall fell, a USA Today survey found that only 14% of respondents believed that. Historians mostly credit forty years of “Containment” by eight U.S. presidents. As Tony Judt’s Postwar concluded: “…Washington did not ‘bring down’ Communism – Communism imploded of its own accord.”

Between 1981 and 1992, the national debt held by the public quadrupled.

Clinton:

Enacted the 1993 Deficit Reduction Plan without a Single Republican Vote.

"The deficit has come down, and I give the Clinton Administration and President Clinton himself a lot of credit for that. [He] did something about it, fast. And I think we are seeing some benefits."
— Paul Volcker, Federal Reserve Board Chairman (1979-1987), in Audacity, Fall 1994

"Clinton’s 1993 budget cuts, which reduced projected red ink by more than $400 billion over five years, sparked a major drop in interest rates that helped boost investment in all the equipment and systems that brought forth the New Age economy of technological innovation and rising productivity."
— Business Week, May 19, 1997

Clinton benefited greatly from Reagan's policies. Supply side economics from Reagan, which is the policy of marginal rate tax cuts, a strong dollar, trade globalization, deregulation of key industries like energy, financial services and transportation, and a re-armed military — all of which unleashed a great wave of entrepreneurial-technological innovation that transformed and restructured the economy, resulting in a long boom prosperity that continues to throw off economic benefits to this day.

Here is a question. If it was indeed the Omnibus Act of 1993, which greatly increased taxes passed by the democrats that caused the economic recovery and was not the Tax Payer Relief Act of 1997, then why did Clinton advise Obama to extend the tax cuts?

Bill Clinton: Bush Tax Cuts Should Be Extended Temporarily (VIDEO)

Clinton, it is mostly forgotten, was on the verge of becoming a failed president in his first two years. Even the Democratic-controlled Congress had defeated his much touted stimulus package and an enormous hike in energy taxes. HillaryCare, the forerunner to Obamacare, was dead in the water by the summer of 1994, with the Senate Democrats hoisting the white flag on this signature issue on the eve of the Congressional elections.

Clinton’s most significant achievement was a huge but unpopular tax rate increase that Obama has been determined to duplicate. So unappealing was his record, the Republicans swept both houses of Congress in November for the first time in four decades.

How Reagan reelected Clinton - Forbes

Between 1981 and 1992, the national debt held by the public quadrupled. The annual budget deficit grew to $290 billion in 1992, the largest ever, and was projected to grow to more than $455 billion by Fiscal Year (FY) 2000.

Clinton:

Enacted the 1993 Deficit Reduction Plan without a Single Republican Vote.

"My colleagues and I have been very appreciative of your [President Clinton’s] support of the Fed over the years, and your commitment to fiscal discipline has been instrumental in achieving what in a few weeks will be the longest economic expansion in the nation’s history."
— Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve Board Chairman, January 4, 2000, with President Clinton at Chairman Greenspan’s re-nomination announcement

"The deficit has come down, and I give the Clinton Administration and President Clinton himself a lot of credit for that. [He] did something about it, fast. And I think we are seeing some benefits."
— Paul Volcker, Federal Reserve Board Chairman (1979-1987), in Audacity, Fall 1994

One of the reasons Goldman Sachs cites for the "best economy ever" is that "on the policy side, trade, fiscal, and monetary policies have been excellent, working in ways that have facilitated growth without inflation. The Clinton Administration has worked to liberalize trade and has used any revenue windfalls to reduce the federal budget deficit."
— Goldman Sachs, March 1998

"Clinton’s 1993 budget cuts, which reduced projected red ink by more than $400 billion over five years, sparked a major drop in interest rates that helped boost investment in all the equipment and systems that brought forth the New Age economy of technological innovation and rising productivity."
— Business Week, May 19, 1997

CLINTON

Most New Jobs Ever Created Under a Single Administration: The economy has created more than 22.5 million jobs in less than eight years—the most jobs ever created under a single administration, and more than were created in the previous 12 years. Of the total new jobs, 20.7 million, or 92 percent, are in the private sector

The Most U.S. Exports Ever. Between 1992 and 2000, U.S. exports of goods and services grew by 74 percent, or nearly $500 billion, to top $1 trillion for the first time.

Forum List

Back