79 year old piano virtuoso Martha Argerich hasn't slowed down yet.

Is that actually called muscle memory or something ? When your fingers are doing things your brain can't possibly keep up with.... it would be cool to have her brain for a day to find out.
Yes, muscle memory plays a part but when she first learned the piece, she had to read the music.

Is that actually called muscle memory or something ? When your fingers are doing things your brain can't possibly keep up with.... it would be cool to have her brain for a day to find out.
Yes, muscle memory plays a part but when she first learned the piece, she had to read the music.
She's a genius. Knows several different languages too.
Me sitting here improvising guitar shit is fun, but it's like a
children's book compared to her library of classic novels or something.
I feel as humbled by her as Andy James or Joe Satriani.

With guitar or any instrument , it's not nearly as challenging to just sit and improvise something new every day, even though it's fun.. But to put it all together and then be able to perform flawlessly for an audience is in a whole other league.

lol-- I think the guys in the mixing booth all had hard ons by the end
of this.

Last edited:

79 year old piano virtuoso Martha Argerich hasn't slowed down yet.​

If you're in such bad shape that you can't move your fingers, you're perobably dead! :smoke: Seriously, Angie, you're a very well-versed musician, you shocked me in one post of actually knowing who Ralphe Armstrong was, I wonder: did you ever see Papa John Creach play the fiddle? That guy wasn't just fiddling around! :SMILEW~130:

79 year old piano virtuoso Martha Argerich hasn't slowed down yet.​

If you're in such bad shape that you can't move your fingers, you're perobably dead! :smoke: Seriously, Angie, you're a very well-versed musician, you shocked me in one post of actually knowing who Ralphe Armstrong was, I wonder: did you ever see Papa John Creach play the fiddle? That guy wasn't just fiddling around! :SMILEW~130:
He was great - never saw him live. I've seen Johnny Winter 3 times, Chuck Berry once, and some other small-timers like Storyville.
You ever hear of Josh Smith ? One of the best hybrid pickers I've ever seen.

He was great - never saw him live.
The man was a lightning bolt in goose grease live!

I've seen Johnny Winter 3 times,
Saw Johnny once. Very close up. One of the first shows I ever saw.

You ever hear of Josh Smith?
He looks good. Another person who was surprisingly really good on the guitar was Roy Clark who used to host the TV show Hee Haw. That man could play.

He looks good. Another person who was surprisingly really good on the guitar was Roy Clark who used to host the TV show Hee Haw. That man could play.
Someone posted this here somewhere before.

That was smokin' hot. My wrist is throbbing just from watching the video.

That was smokin' hot. My wrist is throbbing just from watching the video.

You could try amputation and go with a robot arm.

Speaking of picking masters Troochie jams his ass off here in an old Tokyo clip;

I wonder what happened to the keyboard player Kevin Moore.

Forum List

Back