A couple of old warhorses I picked-up today

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
DSCN4955.JPG

Top:

Early AC 41 (Walther) P-38 in 9mm in very nice shape, it came with a GWX-43 hardshell holster. It came with "capture papers" named to General Joseph T. McNarney.

Bottom:

WW-1 Colt M1917 in .45 acp. It came with it's OEM walnut stocks but since the finish went to brown I used a set of old ass stag grips on it that I pulled off a Colt M1905 years ago. Mechanically fine, great bore.

View attachment 1017521

Top:

Early AC 41 (Walther) P-38 in 9mm in very nice shape, it came with a GWX-43 hardshell holster. It came with "capture papers" named to General Joseph T. McNarney.

Bottom:

WW-1 Colt M1917 in .45 acp. It came with it's OEM walnut stocks but since the finish went to brown I used a set of old ass stag grips on it that I pulled off a Colt M1905 years ago. Mechanically fine, great bore.

Sell em, buy black plastic. These are useless against the filthy commie dems and clan 13...who are pack hunters.

No time for being a gun fondler, bub.

habeus weather ipso facto.jpg

JGalt.....Remember how I poked fun at your 03?

DSCN4957.JPG

DSCN4960.JPG

The shop gave me this train wreck of a Rem. 03A3. It was a mess but it has a great bore, a set of Redfield Olympic sights, and a nice DT MK II adjustable trigger so I figured WTH and called a friend and he's bringing me an old Bishop sporter stock this weekend.

Last edited:
Those P-38s ain't cheap.
I have 1K in the two handguns so not too bad.

The AC41 is a desirable "early" example with a polished blue finish....All matching except for the mag but it's in the same number block.

This one is a no block.....In other words within the first 9999 made that year, after that they have block letters XXXXa, XXXXb, XXXXc, etc.

JGalt.....Remember how I poked fun at your 03?

View attachment 1017546
View attachment 1017547

The shop gave me this train wreck of a Rem. 03A3. It was a mess but it has a great bore, a set of Redfield Olympic sights, and a nice DT MK II adjustable trigger so I figured WTH and called a friend and he's bringing me an old Bishop sporter stock this weekend.

That one definitely looks like a shooter, not a collector.

That one definitely looks like a shooter, not a collector.
Nothing to left on it to collect......A bit better than $400.00 worth of parts there though. ;)

LOL....It was buffed-out and reblued bright.

View attachment 1017521

Top:

Bottom:

My great grandfather carried the Colt when "out" on the Rez after the war as a policeman for decades. My brother has it.

My great grandfather carried the Colt when "out" on the Rez after the war as a policeman for decades. My brother has it.
Yep, a lot of small PDs used them because they got them cheap from the .gov.

Years ago I had one that was US Railway Mail Service marked.

Another super nice wheelgun. .45 ACP is still readily available, too. Definitely a handgun you could take to the range. Or better yet, out to the desert to blast cans and bottles.
Had some lib on another forum tell me I was an asshole for leaving broken glass out in the desert. Jesus, times have changed, haven't they?

Another super nice wheelgun. .45 ACP is still readily available, too. Definitely a handgun you could take to the range. Or better yet, out to the desert to blast cans and bottles.
Had some lib on another forum tell me I was an asshole for leaving broken glass out in the desert. Jesus, times have changed, haven't they?
Oh, so you are one of the guys who trashes the BLM ranges.

9704202_web1_targetshootweb.jpg

I own my own range and even though I am shooting by myself it's as neat when I leave as when I got there. I even pick-up hulls and brass.....Targets either go in the burn barrel or back home with me to be disposed of.

I took the fake Indian seriously. ;)

Oh, so you are one of the guys who trashes the BLM ranges.

9704202_web1_targetshootweb.jpg

I own my own range and even though I am shooting by myself it's as neat when I leave as when I got there. I even pick-up hulls and brass.....Targets either go in the burn barrel or back home with me to be disposed of.

I took the fake Indian seriously. ;)

1727273551006.png

There were some people (not me) that hauled old washing machines, broken dept. store dummys, old furniture and various assorted other junk out there to shoot at, and just left it there.
I even picked up most of the broken glass. Well, the crap I generated anyway.

Forum List

Back