A Dock Worker Strike Could Cost Kamala The White House. Why Won’t Biden Stop It?

When the head of the company offers to reduce his own salary by a few million I will ask the workers only get a 50 percent raise. That seems reasonable. Workers need not just work hard for existing wages. That's wrong in all aspects.
Take that CEOs salary and divide up by all the workers and maybe they will get 50 cents an hour. People like you make these ridiculous claims because you suck at basic math.

Nor unless they earned it on their merits. And 75% is very steep.
Is that spread out over many years? When was their last raise? If the job is important to the country then it's up to the nation to pay them. They don't owe us their lives.

So they shouldn't get a raise?
I would not complain if I worked in their field. They make a lot of money. "On the Waterfront" was long ago. Since we get a lot of our products from overseas today, their employment wages and benefits affect prices. So much so that even W. proposed building port terminals in Mexico with a wide highway and rail system that goes into Texas. California ports affect us worth as the state has its own rules and regulations on trucking and anything related.

I would not complain if I worked in their field. They make a lot of money. "On the Waterfront" was long ago. Since we get a lot of our products from overseas today, their employment wages and benefits affect prices. So much so that even W. proposed building port terminals in Mexico with a wide highway and rail system that goes into Texas. California ports affect us worth as the state has its own rules and regulations on trucking and anything related.
It seems they make around $39 per hour, after 6 years. That's not anywhere near excessive. My painter makes $75 per hour in just labor.

Apparently, Ole’ Stumblebum won’t stop the Longshoreman’s strike.

This might be his payback for being stabbed in the back by the democrat / Leninist party.

On Tuesday, about 45,000 dock workers will walk off the job in a massive strike that will shutter dozens of ports along the East and Gulf Coasts, upending the economy just weeks before a tight presidential election.

President Joe Biden could stop the strike, but he says he won’t.
Yeah, they are between a rock and a hard place on this one. Go there and support the workers and prices go back up again just before the election. It's actually kind of an admission by them that their policies of supporting higher wages only increases prices to the poor, and everyone else.

Yeah, they are between a rock and a hard place on this one. Go there and support the workers and prices go back up again just before the election. It's actually kind of an admission by them that their policies of supporting higher wages only increases prices to the poor, and everyone else.
Correct. When gov't starts dictating what one segment of the economy's wages will be, chaos will ensue. The market is what dictates the economy and the gov't will screw it up every time they try to control it.

Forum List

Back