A NON-abusive call-out thread to JakeStarkey

IlarMeilyr

Liability Reincarnate!
Feb 18, 2013
undisclosed bunker
On the level.

I propose a discussion (not even a "debate").

I am requesting that YOU tell us as concisely as you are able the MAIN differences you see BETWEEN the Democratic Party and the Republican Party AS YOU see them as existing IN THEORY.

In other words, can you please tell us in a simple set of declarative sentences the things that are supposed to distinguish the Democratic Party (as it is supposed to be) and the Republican Party (as it is supposed to be).

I am NOT asking you to tell us what you believe the GOP is currently doing wrong. I am asking instead for you to tell us what you believe it is supposed to represent and what then distinguishes the idealized GOP from the idealized version of the Democratic Party.

FROM that starting point, I would like to then delve into a non-abusive DISCUSSION. But first, I think we need to carve out the starting point or the major premises.

If you are game.

Last edited:
Ilar, let Jake's lack of a response be the evidence you require. He has no intention of being honest with anyone here. His neutrality and supposed conservatism is nothing but a facade, a faux aegis he bears upon his chest. He feels no compulsion to answer your call, because he is afraid, a coward to the Nth degree. He is your run of the mill closet liberal.

Fakey will never answer the call. Might as well talk about something else.

Just saw this and looking at the lack of quality among most of the posters I am not too worried about what they think.

As I have said before, I have no interest in the Democratic Party.

My interest is cleaning the Republican Party of the trash that interferes with the party being the best that it can be for the American people, American values, and America as a whole.

And I will follow the counsel of my Lord in Matthew 7:6.

On the level.

I am requesting that YOU tell us as concisely as you are able the MAIN differences you see BETWEEN the Democratic Party and the Republican Party AS YOU see them as existing IN THEORY.

In other words, can you please tell us in a simple set of declarative sentences the things that are supposed to distinguish the Democratic Party (as it is supposed to be) and the Republican Party (as it is supposed to be).

I am NOT asking your to tell us what you believe the GOP is currently doing wrong. I am asking instead for you to tell us what you believe it is supposed to represent and what then distinguishes the idealized GOP from the idealized version of the Democratic Party.

FROM that starting point, I would like to then delve into a non-abusive DISCUSSION. But first, I think we need to carve out the starting point or the major premises.

If you are game.

An interesting proposition, one which on its face seems silly. Why? Who defines what either party is "supposed to be"? At this time in the life of both parties does the OP suppose there is one premise, one platform, which all of those who say they are "Democrats" or "Repubiicans" subscribe to and support?

Is the Republcan Party defined by Rush Limbaugh? Grover Norquist? Sarah Palin? Michell Bachmann? Donald Trump? Newt Gingrich? Mitt Romney? Gov. Christy or Gov. Walker?

On the level.

I am NOT asking your to tell us what you believe the GOP is currently doing wrong. I am asking instead for you to tell us what you believe it is supposed to represent and what then distinguishes the idealized GOP from the idealized version of the Democratic Party.

If you are game.

An interesting proposition, one which on its face seems silly. Why? Who defines what either party is "supposed to be"? At this time in the life of both parties does the OP suppose there is one premise, one platform, which all of those who say they are "Democrats" or "Repubiicans" subscribe to and support?

Is the Republcan Party defined by Rush Limbaugh? Grover Norquist? Sarah Palin? Michell Bachmann? Donald Trump? Newt Gingrich? Mitt Romney? Gov. Christy or Gov. Walker?

We ALL "define" our own groups and we all tend to define the "other guys."

For example: I used to be a liberal. I used to be a Democrat. I ceased being a liberal, although it took a while. Subsequently, I renounced the Democratic Party and became a Republican. After a period of time, that didn't work for me anymore because not only had I ceased being a Democrat and a liberal, but I also slowly evolved into a Conservative.

The GOP did not (in my view) adequately embrace the precepts of Conservatism. I saw them as being a very slightly different (i.e., paler) version of the decidedly liberal Democrat Party. So then I also dumped the GOP.

I see folks like Jake wanting the GOP to be "different." In order to want it to be "different," I would venture the guess that he has some notion of what he thinks it "is." And whatever he thinks it presently "is," he is not satisfied with that.

At least, that's my take on the thing he has said for a long time. I'd prefer that he speak for himself and his views. I suppose he would prefer that too.

Anyway, if we can nail down what Jake views the Democrat Party as principally "standing for" and then distinguish that from his notions of what the Republican Party principally "stands for," it ought to become a whole lot clearer what he sees as desirable changes in the GOP. And why.

That's the discussion I would like to pursue. Jake is not obligated to engage in it.

Jake has now posted here, but his first post isn't really any kind of answer.

Just saw this and looking at the lack of quality among most of the posters I am not too worried about what they think.

My interest is cleaning the Republican Party of the trash that interferes with the party being the best that it can be for the American people, American values, and America as a whole.

What defines making it the "best ... it can be" for all those things?

That's interesting....and actually you're right. The GOP needs a lot of clean up. Maybe not as much as the Dems, but they have their problems!! But of course, I've gotten to the point I think where I don't trust any of them, either side, and I wish we could just throw them ALL out and start over. But I'm afraid we couldn't get enough people to agree to it, I don't think the liberals will ever admit their side is corrupt.

^ The familiar advice to NOT cast pearls before swine.

I gather this is Jake's way of "politely" declining the invitation to (a) answer and then (b) discuss the topic.

:)

That's interesting....and actually you're right. The GOP needs a lot of clean up. Maybe not as much as the Dems, but they have their problems!! But of course, I've gotten to the point I think where I don't trust any of them, either side, and I wish we could just throw them ALL out and start over. But I'm afraid we couldn't get enough people to agree to it, I don't think the liberals will ever admit their side is corrupt.

Take it from me..........and I think it is fair to say that I speak for many. Liberals fully understand that there are "corrupt" politicians with D's next to their name. We are very aware that the way our elections are influenced by money has a very negative effect on the quality of people we have to choose from.

Now.....is that an admission? I think it is.

Would you like to respond?

Last edited:

Take it from me..........and I think it is air to say that I speak for many. Liberals fully understand that there are "corrupt" politicians with D's next to their name. We are very aware that the way our elections are influenced by money has a very negative effect on the quality of people we have to choose from.

Now.....is that an admission? I think it is.

Would you like to respond?

Both parties need much cleaning up. I don't know if and how much that is possible. That many Teapot candidates have been defeated out of the total group is encouraging to those hoping the great mainstream is paying attention.

That Bachmann has been backed down is encouraging, that great voices like Christie have risen who are not afraid to slap down stupid messages and messengers in the GOP is encouraging, that many major GOP leaders are getting behind immigration reform and dropping religious traditionalist agendas is encouraging; etc.

Maybe a great revival in both parties will occur but whatever happens, we cannot afford the extremes from either left or right.

Since Jake has seen fit to post in this thread twice, both times pretty much off-topic, I conclude that the request for clarification and a discussion is rejected.

Might as well lock it.

Forum List

Back