A twin study of two psychotic killers: Can we really be safe anywhere?

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
serveimage
image.ashx

Exhibit A:— A Texas man accused of killing two people while randomly firing his gun along an Oklahoma interstate was charged Monday with first-degree murder.

Jeremy Doss Hardy, 36, of Pasadena, Texas, was arraigned on the two counts in Custer County. Police have said the suspect shooter sped through three counties while firing from his pickup truck along Interstate 40, west of Oklahoma City, and hit at least four vehicles. He surrendered after a 25-mile chase early Thursday morning.

OSBI Identifies Suspect, Victims In I-40 Shooting Spree

Homeless woman accused of slamming car into Las Vegas crowd LAS VEGAS (AP) — A homeless woman accused of slamming a car carrying her 3-year-old daughter into a crowd of pedestrians on the Las Vegas Strip told authorities she was stressed out after being chased by security guards from parking lots where she had been trying to sleep before the crash, according to a police report obtained Monday.

Lakeisha N. Holloway, 24, resided in Oregon and had been in Las Vegas for about a week in her 1996 Oldsmobile sedan, parking it at garages throughout the city, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said.

After her arrest, Holloway “described a stressful period today where she was trying to rest/sleep inside her vehicle with her daughter but kept getting run off by security of the properties she stopped at,” the police report states.

Woman accused of running down pedestrians in Las Vegas said she was stressed living in car, police say

Lakeisha doesn't look like this anymore. She looks like a bedraggled old hag that has been used up at the tender age of 24. Lack of sleep and living precariously on the streets in her car from day to day finally took a toll.

Jeremy looks like a typical conservative republican white guy. But he has a criminal past and a bad temper. Combine that with alcohol and an easily acquired firearm and...another responsible gun owner kills people.

Spontaneous events like these seem to be increasing. How can we protect ourselves against the unexpected? I fear the truth is that we can't!

i have found myself wondering about this too......when i was at the movies for the force awakens.....there were police but i did think to myself...where are the exits...but i will admit to always doing that before....i always plot my escape route any time i am in a public function...i think most are doing that now...but you cannot avoid crazy simple as that..

i have found myself wondering about this too......when i was at the movies for the force awakens.....there were police but i did think to myself...where are the exits...but i will admit to always doing that before....i always plot my escape route any time i am in a public function...i think most are doing that now...but you cannot avoid crazy simple as that..

I am like you. WhenI go to public places I now willfully construct mental ad hoc plans to facilitate an escape. But I don't really feel too concerned about the open spaces and high strategic points available to any would be sniper when I walk to the parking lot or whenI take a hike. I can't live like that..being afraid of living my life as I see fit and enjoying it with healthy activity.

in the grand scheme of things....the mailbox bomber got to me...we are rural and that just freaked me out...checking the mail but you just go on ....the dc sniper did that too....randomly killing people....

i have only had one bad experience in the woods.....i listen to my instincts and got out of there....but it was enough to spook me...i walk alone a lot so it takes a bit to spook me

in the grand scheme of things....the mailbox bomber got to me...we are rural and that just freaked me out...checking the mail but you just go on ....the dc sniper did that too....randomly killing people....

i have only had one bad experience in the woods.....i listen to my instincts and got out of there....but it was enough to spook me...i walk alone a lot so it takes a bit to spook me
The scary thing is that while we are watching the neighborhood Muslims, some Christian guy who looks just like you or me is walking around armed,angry and dangerous... a ticking time bomb!

I never think about it. I guess I figure it's all in fates hands. Maybe dumb but has worked so far!
Life it too short to worry (obsessively) - BUT being smart and cautious - nothing wrong with that....

I WILL make sure I am aware of my surroundings when walking alone in the dark etc. for example.
(especially for EVIL BATS!)

We can never ensure safety.......anywhere.......but what we can do is enhance our odds if we are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Which is why gun purchases are at an all time high...........people need to make sure they are armed. duh

The scary thing is that while we are watching the neighborhood Muslims, some Christian guy who looks just like you or me is walking around armed,angry and dangerous... a ticking time bomb!

nah.........nobody is worried about Christian mass murder except the fringe progressives.:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Not even debatable.

Psychosis is fine. Psyhopathy, on the other hand, is not.

killing is good. Not caring about killing lives is pure evil.

serveimage
image.ashx

Exhibit A:— A Texas man accused of killing two people while randomly firing his gun along an Oklahoma interstate was charged Monday with first-degree murder.

Jeremy Doss Hardy, 36, of Pasadena, Texas, was arraigned on the two counts in Custer County. Police have said the suspect shooter sped through three counties while firing from his pickup truck along Interstate 40, west of Oklahoma City, and hit at least four vehicles. He surrendered after a 25-mile chase early Thursday morning.

Homeless woman accused of slamming car into Las Vegas crowd LAS VEGAS (AP) — A homeless woman accused of slamming a car carrying her 3-year-old daughter into a crowd of pedestrians on the Las Vegas Strip told authorities she was stressed out after being chased by security guards from parking lots where she had been trying to sleep before the crash, according to a police report obtained Monday.

Lakeisha N. Holloway, 24, resided in Oregon and had been in Las Vegas for about a week in her 1996 Oldsmobile sedan, parking it at garages throughout the city, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said.

After her arrest, Holloway “described a stressful period today where she was trying to rest/sleep inside her vehicle with her daughter but kept getting run off by security of the properties she stopped at,” the police report states.

Woman accused of running down pedestrians in Las Vegas said she was stressed living in car, police say

Lakeisha doesn't look like this anymore. She looks like a bedraggled old hag that has been used up at the tender age of 24. Lack of sleep and living precariously on the streets in her car from day to day finally took a toll.

Jeremy looks like a typical conservative republican white guy. But he has a criminal past and a bad temper. Combine that with alcohol and an easily acquired firearm and...another responsible gun owner kills people.

Spontaneous events like these seem to be increasing. How can we protect ourselves against the unexpected? I fear the truth is that we can't!
That poor lady! She was homeles! Fuck you, fucking jew yank.

The truth is you can.

Carry a weapon, and maintain awareness of your surroundings.

Is it fool proof?

No...

NOTHING IS.

However remaining unarmed and unaware of your surrounding, expecting police to keep you safe is foolish.

We can never ensure safety.......anywhere.......but what we can do is enhance our odds if we are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Which is why gun purchases are at an all time high...........people need to make sure they are armed. duh
when the driver of a car suddenly drives onto a sidewalk and barrels into you at 40 mph, I guess the last words anyone will hear from you is "duh."

The same thing can be said if you are tooling down a freeway and a sniper's bullet freezes time for you... the wind will carry the sound of "duh"to anyone who is listening....

MY POINT: All of the dead and injured people in these two incidents could have been armed and it wouldn't have made a difference. I do agree that being armed does give one a false sense of security. I am armed too.

nah.........nobody is worried about Christian mass murder except the fringe progressives.:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Not even debatable.
Nice allegory but you and I both know people who identify as conservative Christians as well as liberal Christians, atheists and yes, muslims are still killing each other at alarming rates. BTW it isn't Muslims attacking our schools and places of worship or Planned Parent hood clinics. It is our native born fellow Americans.

A twin study of two psychotic killers: Can we really be safe anywhere?

No, deal with it.
Well... I know of this little Amish settlement In Pennsylvania.... er.... that might be a sanctuary from all this madness. Small towns are probably safer than larger cities with populations above 50,000. Still.....

serveimage
image.ashx

Depends on what you mean by 'safe'. Absolute and perfect safety where you're never risking any harm of any kind?

Nope.

A reasonable level of safety where harm is profoundly unlikely and you can comfortably live your life?

Absolutely.

The risk of not breathing comes with breathing. Its inherent.

Psychosis is fine. Psyhopathy, on the other hand, is not.

killing is good. Not caring about killing lives is pure evil.
Psychosis is fine? I don't think so and Lakeisha will probably be diagnosed being psychotic due to the unbearable stress of trying to care for a 3 year old child, living in a car and not being able to sleep day or night. Until she is proven to be a serial killer who preyed upon multiple victims over time, I think this temporary breakdown is due to psychosis.

OTOH Jeremy might be closer to being a psychopath. After all, he does have a history of violence and has exhibited behavior consistent with psychopathy.

serveimage
image.ashx

Depends on what you mean by 'safe'. Absolute and perfect safety where you're never risking any harm of any kind?

Nope.

A reasonable level of safety where harm is profoundly unlikely and you can comfortably live your life?

Absolutely.

The risk of not breathing comes with breathing. Its inherent.
Your points are well taken. You would think no place is safer than a mother's womb..but even there external dangers from humankind lurk for the unborn.

Actually it`s the same people buying more guns. The number of homes with guns is at an all time low. If you didn`t feel safe owning 10 guns I don`t think buying 10 more is going to help you.

Forum List

Back