A Whole New Game for Electric "Bikes"

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

I've never heard of this thing before, but WHAT A CONCEPT! It obliterates the line between electric bikes and motorcycles, with a $5k vehicle that has 20hp, gobs of torque, and a range of 80 miles, while tipping the scales at 200 lbs. It can apparently be fully charged in a couple hours on house current.

Seems to me like it would be a great commuter bike. Assuming anyone actually goes to work anymore.

That seat looks like it would destroy my ass.

There's a fella lives 4-5 miles down the highway from us. Now and then he rides his bike into town, about 15 miles from his place. There are some pretty good hills he has to tackle and he ain't young anymore, so he made himself a motor assist dealio that works just fine for him.

And his seat looks a lot more comfy. :)

I'm guessing that the seat is a lot more comfortable than it looks. This is the case with a lot of MC seats; and the converse is also true: There are seats that look comfortable that are not.

I've never heard of this thing before, but WHAT A CONCEPT! It obliterates the line between electric bikes and motorcycles, with a $5k vehicle that has 20hp, gobs of torque, and a range of 80 miles, while tipping the scales at 200 lbs. It can apparently be fully charged in a couple hours on house current.

Seems to me like it would be a great commuter bike. Assuming anyone actually goes to work anymore.
Here in Michigan we have amazing bike trails. They tore up rr tracks from Lake MI to Lake Huron and one by one each city is paving their section of the trail and it is AMAZING. At first they tried to ban battery bikes but someone handicapped sued and they won.

This bike you are showing might not be allowed on the path. So I would not buy this one. I think your bike has to have peddles on it at least.

Anyways, it's the best thing I have purchased in a long time. I feel like a kid again.

Yesterday I went out for a ride with a neighbor who has a regular bike. He was huffing and puffing keeping up with me. I was not.

And my battery goes about 40 miles so I purchased another battery. In the future this technology is going to get much better. The batteries are huge, run out too fast and take too long to charge.

This is my bike only different color

1620828703835.png

$1500. Extra battery $500. Basket and other accessories $100.

Think of all the pollution it took to create the energy to charge those things, and all the toxic materials that had to be mined and someday will need to be disposed of in the batteries.
Think about how many times I'm going to ride my bike and not put up toxic fumes into the air.

Think about when the technology gets better.

Or maybe I should convert my bike so that it takes coal fuel to burn. Yea

That seat looks like it would destroy my ass.

There's a fella lives 4-5 miles down the highway from us. Now and then he rides his bike into town, about 15 miles from his place. There are some pretty good hills he has to tackle and he ain't young anymore, so he made himself a motor assist dealio that works just fine for him.

And his seat looks a lot more comfy. :)
There are some off road trails that say "no motorized vehicles". Of course bikes are allowed and you'd have to be pretty petty to complain that my bike has battery assist.

In my view, this is not a bicycle; it is a powered two-wheeled vehicle. It belongs on regular roads and streets, not on bike trails, paved or not.

Still, given its price point and capability, it is a game-changer. Weather considerations aside, I would ride this damn thing to work every day...if I worked, which I don't.

In my view, this is not a bicycle; it is a powered two-wheeled vehicle. It belongs on regular roads and streets, not on bike trails, paved or not.

Still, given its price point and capability, it is a game-changer. Weather considerations aside, I would ride this damn thing to work every day...if I worked, which I don't.

Michigan has a trail for every cyclist's interest and comfort level. Michigan offers more rail trails than any other state and is home to the International Mountain Biking Association Silver Level Ride Center in Copper Harbor.
From top rated single tracks to thousands of miles of family-friendly rails trails, Michigan is one of the most bike-friendly states in the nation. See why, when it comes to two wheels, your next scenic adventure should be in Pure Michigan.

I don't think that bike is allowed on the bike trails. So if you want to ride a motorcycle on the roads and you want a battery bike, it looks great. But if you want to ride all the places an Ebike can go, you'll have to get a class 1 or 2 ebike.

It doesn't have peddles so no, it's not a bicycle.

Good point. But the fact is, a lot of e-bike riders are using the motor for 90% of their propulsion. But you do have to pedal (at least mine works that way).

As with all other vehicles and buyers, each buyer has different expectations and needs.

Evaluating an e-bike on the basis of what it can do on its motor alone is...stupid. If you want a motorized vehicle that goes fast and quickly, get a fukking motorcycle. If you want a good workout get a regular bike.

The perfect ebike combines a good workout with the freedom to go anywhere you want, and a battery that will last until YOU are exhausted. I'm seriously happy with my Himiway Cruiser, fat tires and all.

As with all other vehicles and buyers, each buyer has different expectations and needs.

Evaluating an e-bike on the basis of what it can do on its motor alone is...stupid. If you want a motorized vehicle that goes fast and quickly, get a fukking motorcycle. If you want a good workout get a regular bike.

The perfect ebike combines a good workout with the freedom to go anywhere you want, and a battery that will last until YOU are exhausted. I'm seriously happy with my Himiway Cruiser, fat tires and all.

But can you pedal uphill? You'll find a bike from my link that weighs 44 lbs and has gotten high marks for both motorized assist and the ability to pedal it, on road, off road, and uphill.

That is the only kind of E-bike I would ever consider.

Here in Michigan we have amazing bike trails. They tore up rr tracks from Lake MI to Lake Huron and one by one each city is paving their section of the trail and it is AMAZING. At first they tried to ban battery bikes but someone handicapped sued and they won.

This bike you are showing might not be allowed on the path. So I would not buy this one. I think your bike has to have peddles on it at least.

Anyways, it's the best thing I have purchased in a long time. I feel like a kid again.

Yesterday I went out for a ride with a neighbor who has a regular bike. He was huffing and puffing keeping up with me. I was not.

And my battery goes about 40 miles so I purchased another battery. In the future this technology is going to get much better. The batteries are huge, run out too fast and take too long to charge.

View attachment 488646

IIRC, in another thread you said thatyou had a class 1 ebike.

The pic you posted here is a class 2 ebike.

But can you pedal uphill? You'll find a bike from my link that weighs 44 lbs and has gotten high marks for both motorized assist and the ability to pedal it, on road, off road, and uphill.

View attachment 488646
Just the cells in my battery packs cost me almost as much as that.

I made my battery pack with Panasonic 21700 cells. The same thing they are using on the new Teslas. They have a lot more energy density than the16500 cells.

They are new. Only time will tell.

One thing I like about my ebike is how quiet it is, comparatively to similar vehicles powered by gasoline mix powered two-stroke chainsaw engines

I often ride it in the middle of the night. 3AM to 5 AM. It makes me feel like some sneaky silent Ninja. :lol:

Creepy.

I made my battery pack with Panasonic 21700 cells. The same thing they are using on the new Teslas. They have a lot more energy density than the16500 cells.

My bike is a class 1 bike. It doesn't go fast and there is no throttle on it.

I just saw ebikes are the fastest growing form of electronic vehicle.

New Topics

Forum List

Back