About 94% complete, but...

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
It is operational for now. I went from 56 plants in My hydroponics to 112 using about 80% less space. Not bad for something that was just in My head a month ago.

Yes, I know its not professionally built. I wasn't about to put out the $$ to properly level the ground and put down some footers. This will do for this year. If it works well, I'll reconsider the ground grading and actually putting in some post holes and make it look more professional.

What I need to do now is put the 90 on the six-inch pipe and then a cover on the reservoir so I can better block the sunlight and lower the algae build-up.

Attachments

• Hydro.mp4
    7.3 MB
It is operational for now. I went from 56 plants in My hydroponics to 112 using about 80% less space. Not bad for something that was just in My head a month ago.

Yes, I know its not professionally built. I wasn't about to put out the $$ to properly level the ground and put down some footers. This will do for this year. If it works well, I'll reconsider the ground grading and actually putting in some post holes and make it look more professional.

What I need to do now is put the 90 on the six-inch pipe and then a cover on the reservoir so I can better block the sunlight and lower the algae build-up.
What are you growing?

That is awesome.

I don't know much about hydroponics. I am a traditional dirt gardner.

But I would love to learn.

Thanks for sharing.

That is awesome.

I don't know much about hydroponics. I am a traditional dirt gardner.

But I would love to learn.

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, I was doing normal gardening too, but it was taking up far to much free time. This is a set up that I can put about 6 hours a week into and once you get the nutrients balanced correctly, they really take off.

This is a 'try out' design. If it works well, I'll put a few more in.

Lettuce and Spinach really thrive in hydroponics. So, we'll be doing a lot of that, along with some Beefsteak and Cherry tomatoes.

Fresh picked basil and tomatoes 😍
Use those two, a slice of fresh mozzarella, drizzle it with some balsamic glaze. One of the freshest snacks or appetizers one can make!
Yep, and I'm going to start doing My own Mozzarella. The wife is vegan so the mozz will be all Mine. haha

Damn cool.

What is the source for all that flowing water? Is there any use made of recycling the water? (Forgive my ignorance).

Damn cool.

What is the source for all that flowing water? Is there any use made of recycling the water? (Forgive my ignorance).
I have dry nutrients, Masterblend Nitrogen, Calcium, and just epsom salts that I mix in a 25 gallon barrel. Once I have it mixed, I have an aquarium pump that I use to pump it into the tote. There are two 1000 gph pumps in the tote that push the nutrient solution up to the growing totes. The big six-inch blue pipe is the return. Once you have the level balanced, I should only lose water to evaporation.

So, long story short, the water is from My house source and I just balance the PH with white vinegar.

I have dry nutrients, Masterblend Nitrogen, Calcium, and just epsom salts that I mix in a 25 gallon barrel. Once I have it mixed, I have an aquarium pump that I use to pump it into the tote. Their are two 1000 gph pumps in the tote that push the nutrient solution up to the growing totes. The big six-inch blue pipe is the return. Once you have the level balanced, I should only lose water to evaporation.

So, long story short, the water is from My house source and I just balance the PH with white vinegar.
I’m honestly very impressed. I don’t have the skills to construct that kind of thing. Nor do I have a sufficient understanding of the science. I’d have to study for a year just to get up to speed. But, damn. I’m glad you shared this.

I’m honestly very impressed. I don’t have the skills to construct that kind of thing. Nor do I have a sufficient understanding of the science. I’d have to study for a year just to get up to speed. But, damn. I’m glad you shared this.
Well, necessity is a real mother. lol

I don't want to spend a lot of time doing the normal gardening stuff and since I'm not growing for profitability but consumption, and Me being basically lazy, this was the ideal solution. If you'll pardon the pun. :)

Well, necessity is a real mother. lol

I don't want to spend a lot of time doing the normal gardening stuff and since I'm not growing for profitability but consumption, and Me being basically lazy, this was the ideal solution. If you'll pardon the pun. :)
I send my grown children periodic dad jokes. I actually like your pun.

Part of SOC principles .
Self Organising Communities .

Regardless , tremendous .
And so far no politician's name has been mentioned

Forum List

Back