Accusing Israel of Genocide is an Antisemitic Trope

The silence is deafening...

Very well, here's an article in the Israel newspaper Haaretz from Oct 2022:

Docs Point to Israeli Army’s 1948 Biological Warfare

For decades, rumors and testimonies swirled about Jewish troops sent to poison wells in Arab villages. Now, researchers have located official documentation of the ‘Cast Thy Bread’ operation

I trust this now settles the matter and shows too that the Wikipedia article is trustworthy?

The silence is deafening...

Very well, here's an article in the Israel newspaper Haaretz from Oct 2022:

Docs Point to Israeli Army’s 1948 Biological Warfare

For decades, rumors and testimonies swirled about Jewish troops sent to poison wells in Arab villages. Now, researchers have located official documentation of the ‘Cast Thy Bread’ operation

I trust this now settles the matter and shows too that the Wikipedia article is trustworthy.

Now will you answer my question?

Is it antisemitic to make allegations against Israel even when those allegations are true?
Yes I am well aware of that history. And also what the Arabs were doing to the Israelis back then. A different time. A different debate. Similar circumstances but not pertinent to now.

How many Israelis do you think are still alive and fighting the current war 76 years later? Or would condone well poisoning if it indeed happened even 76 years ago?

Yes I am well aware of that history.
So the allegations are true, thanks, glad to see we found a source you trust.
And also what the Arabs were doing to the Israelis back then. A different time. A different debate.
I have seen no evidence of this (Arab well poisoning) myself, so I'm interested in any.
How many Israelis do you think are still alive and fighting the current war 76 years later? Or would condone well poisoning if it indeed happened even 76 years ago?
The OP said it was antisemitic, the allegation of Palestinian well poisoning was antisemitic but it isn't is it? if it's true then it cannot possibly be antisemitic and therefore the OP contains a fundamental factual error and that error undermines the highly dubious claims of antisemitism.

Last edited:
It's gaslighting Lisa. It is not Israel but rather it is Hamas and others of the radical extremist Islamic groups who have pledged genocide. Genocide of the Jews. To kill every Jew they can and wipe Israel off the face of the Earth. It is their goal, their intent, and they are conditioning a generation of Palestinians to help them.

If Israel was intent on genocide of the Palestinians there wouldn't be many Palestinians left at this point.
Yes, if Israel intended genocide of the Palestinians, they would have all been dead by Oct 15. That 99.5% are still alive makes the antisemites’ screams of “genocide! genocide!” almost laughable - except for the fact that the intent behind that lie is so evil.

Show me the evidence from a NON-PALESTINIAN propaganda site and I might consider well poisoning by Israel as a fact. Until then no.

The topic of this thread is not well poisoning but accusations that Israel is committing genocide. Try to focus here okay?
Thank you! Quite notable how that antisemite switches the topic from the genocide lie - which he is on here promoting multiple times a day - to something from 80 years ago that was intended as a deterrent.

It’s what these libs do all the time - and especially the antisemitic libs. They can’t defend what they are currently doing with their genocide peopoganda lie, so they switch the topic to something from 80 years ago. And NEVER, you notice, will they say a word about what the Arabs have done and continue to do to Jews.

Thank you! Quite notable how that antisemite switches the topic from the genocide lie - which he is on here promoting multiple times a day - to something from 80 years ago that was intended as a deterrent.

It’s what these libs do all the time - and especially the antisemitic libs. They can’t defend what they are currently doing with their genocide peopoganda lie, so they switch the topic to something from 80 years ago. And NEVER, you notice, will they say a word about what the Arabs have done and continue to do to Jews.
These are your words, from the OP:

Jews have been accused of murdering gentiles and using their blood for Passover wine, poisoning water wells of Palestinians

Still skipping over the tough questions again Lisa558 ?

Any Zionist care to answer? a very reasonable question - is an allegation antisemitic even when it's true?

Given the impressive expertise here in what constitutes antisemitism, why is it taking so long to get an answer to this?

(Don't all rush to answer at once)

So the allegations are true, thanks, glad to see we found a source you trust.

I have seen no evidence of this (Arab well poisoning) myself, so I'm interested in any.

The OP said it was antisemitic, the allegation of Palestinian well poisoning was antisemitic but it isn't is it? if it's true then it cannot possibly be antisemitic and therefore the OP contains a fundamental factual error and that error undermines the highly dubious claims of antisemitism.
If you are going to go back 76 years to accuse somebody, at least have the intellectual honesty to do the same with the Palestinians et al and not focus on one so-called fact while ignoring all others.

I don't know if those allegations are true and neither do you. But for sure anyone guilty of adult sins 76 years ago is likely not even living now.

I prefer to judge cultures on what they have become and not on their presumed sins and mistakes seven decades ago.

To accuse modern day Jews of 'well poisoning' is vicious anti-semitism.

If you are going to go back 76 years to accuse somebody, at least have the intellectual honesty to do the same with the Palestinians et al and not focus on one so-called fact while ignoring all others.
What as it you were saying earlier about "whataboutism"?
I don't know if those allegations are true and neither do you. But for sure anyone guilty of adult sins 76 years ago is likely not even living now.

I prefer to judge cultures on what they have become and not on their presumed sins and mistakes seven decades ago.

To accuse modern day Jews of 'well poisoning' is vicious anti-semitism.
Nobody is accusing "modern day" Jews of well poisoning though.

Oh, goodie, does that mean we can stop listening to the Jews whine about Hitler and the Holocuast?

As usual Zionists only want to talk about war crimes that have Jewish victims, because Jewish victims are always more important than other victims.

Oh, goodie, does that mean we can stop listening to the Jews whine about Hitler and the Holocuast?
Very few Jews are still living who experienced the Holocaust. But there are few Jews living who have not been affected in some emotional or material way by the Holocaust and other genocidal and antisemitic policies of countries who targeted the Jews.

And it was the Holocaust that was the impetus for the U.N. to establish Israel as a homeland for those Jews displaced by the hatred and abominations committed by the Nazis, Russians et al.

Few if any are now alive who were affected by well poisoning 74 years ago if that in fact happened. Attempted and intended genocide of the Jews continues.

What as it you were saying earlier about "whataboutism"?

Nobody is accusing "modern day" Jews of well poisoning though.
It is included in current antisemitic rhetoric. You brought it up didn't you. And that very much appeared to be an attempted diversion from the topic of genocide that in fact is the Palestinians intention for the Jews and not the other way around.

Very few Jews are still living who experienced the Holocaust. But there are few Jews living who have not been affected in some emotional or material way by the Holocaust and other genocidal and antisemitic policies of countries who targeted the Jews.

And it was the Holocaust that was the impetus for the U.N. to establish Israel as a homeland for those Jews displaced by the hatred and abominations committed by the Nazis, Russians et al.

Few if any are now alive who were affected by well poisoning 74 years ago if that in fact happened. Attempted and intended genocide of the Jews continues.

Any Zionist care to answer? a very reasonable question - is an allegation antisemitic even when it's true?

Given the impressive expertise here in what constitutes antisemitism, why is it taking so long to get an answer to this?

I suppose I am a Zionist as I strongly support the right of the Jews to their own homeland and I strongly support the right of the Jews to maintain control of the government of their own homeland as giving that up would likely result in their genocide.

Accusing modern day Jews of being 'well poisoners' is a vile and hateful antisemitic slur. Even the most antisemitic haters of Jews today should know that.

I suppose I am a Zionist as I strongly support the right of the Jews to their own homeland and I strongly support the right of the Jews to maintain control of the government of their own homeland as giving that up would likely result in their genocide.
So how would you respond to this gentleman?

1726939306813.png

Accusing modern day Jews of being 'well poisoners' is a vile and hateful antisemitic slur. Even the most antisemitic haters of Jews today should know that.
Well nobody is, but...

So how would you respond to this gentleman?

View attachment 1015755

Well nobody is, but...

And there we have it. Scratch the surface of a leftists just enough and you get them to admit they see the Jews as Nazi criminals. And apparently me too since I support Israel and the right of Jews to their own homeland.

And they are too stupid to see what an oxymoron that is.

Forum List

Back