Aerial view of Dubai from an eagle's back!

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
They released an Eagle from the top of Dubai's Burj Khalifa, the World's Tallest Building, 160 Stories and 828 m high, with a Camera Installed on its back, to search for Its Trainer, who was exactly 10 Blocks away from the Building.
The Result Was A Beautiful Sequence of Images of the City.! . . .

Note that when the eagle spotted his Coach, he plunged into freefall into his arms. Amazing!!!!!!

I just learned that an MOV file can be compressed twice. The first attempt went from 49.6MB to 20.8MB [still too big for this site]. The second attempt went from 20.8MB to 19.7MB [perfect]!

Enjoy!

Out of curiosity, I compressed it again...went from 19.7MB to 18.9MB. Wonders never cease!

Cheers!

They released an Eagle from the top of Dubai's Burj Khalifa, the World's Tallest Building, 160 Stories and 828 m high, with a Camera Installed on its back, to search for Its Trainer, who was exactly 10 Blocks away from the Building.
The Result Was A Beautiful Sequence of Images of the City.! . . .

Note that when the eagle spotted his Coach, he plunged into freefall into his arms. Amazing!!!!!!

I just learned that an MOV file can be compressed twice. The first attempt went from 49.6MB to 20.8MB [still too big for this site]. The second attempt went from 20.8MB to 19.7MB [perfect]!

Enjoy!
View attachment 471530

How do they taste?

I don't know what compression means. The scenery looked distorted. The way the bird kept moving his head around was most interesting to me. He was able to see his owner from way up there. You hear about the eyesight of eagles but this really helps you understand that.

I don't know what compression means. The scenery looked distorted. The way the bird kept moving his head around was most interesting to me. He was able to see his owner from way up there. You hear about the eyesight of eagles but this really helps you understand that.
Video compression involves combining individual adjacent pixels of the same color into a larger block that includes all of them. It takes less digital data to describe a large block of identical pixels than it does to describe each individual pixel.

Here's How Video Compression Works

The distortion is the result of using a wide angle lens on the eagle's back.

New Topics

Forum List

Back