Aetna CEO Asked Execs To Read Piketty, Then Gave His Lowest-Paid Workers A Raise

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
This should piss off the GOP!

One CEO has taken a step that could help fend off Thomas Piketty's nightmare vision of rising wealth inequality: He's giving thousands of his workers a raise.

Aetna Chairman and CEO Mark Bertolini announced on Monday that the health-insurance company will be raising wages for its lowest-paid employees. Starting in April, the minimum hourly base pay for Aetna's American workers will be $16 an hour, according to a company press release.

The 5,700 workers affected by the change will see an average pay raise of about 11 percent. The lowest-paid workers, who currently make $12 an hour, will get a 33-percent raise.

Aetna CEO Asked Execs To Read Piketty Then Gave His Lowest-Paid Workers A Raise

One CEO has taken a step that could help fend off Thomas Piketty's nightmare vision of rising wealth inequality: He's giving thousands of his workers a raise.

Aetna Chairman and CEO Mark Bertolini announced on Monday that the health-insurance company will be raising wages for its lowest-paid employees. Starting in April, the minimum hourly base pay for Aetna's American workers will be $16 an hour, according to a company press release.

The 5,700 workers affected by the change will see an average pay raise of about 11 percent. The lowest-paid workers, who currently make $12 an hour, will get a 33-percent raise.

How dare Aetna pay more, that's unamerican!!! Hey look, I'm a Republican!

We have to do something to counter the Liberals' fabricated world of class-warfare don't we? :dunno:

I made more money last year than you will make in your entire life, and I can guarantee that I work less harder than you......That's the problem.

We have to do something to counter the Liberals' fabricated world of class-warfare don't we? :dunno:

I made more money last year than you will make in your entire life, and I can guarantee that I work less harder than you......That's the problem.
That's the difference between you and me. You're rich, but I'm wealthy. I've made and lost millions in my 39 year career, but I'm still wealthy.

And you're still a fucking loser.

That's the difference between you and me. You're rich, but I'm wealthy. I've made and lost millions in my 39 year career, but I'm still wealthy.

Give it up.....you're old and wrong.

Says the dude with two more Teslas than me. :lol:

You wore out your welcome after your very first post, pretend money man.

My portfolio rises and falls with the price of crude, but my wealth never wavers.

Count your riches while I savor my wealth.

My portfolio rises and falls with the price of crude, but my wealth never wavers.

You think you're conservative, but you're just cheap.

You've voted Republican for the last 40 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

You've voted Republican for the last 40 years, so you've screwed you own Kids and Grand Kids out of being as monetary successful as you.

Nothing?

We've been with Aetna for years so good for them. In general they have been helpful to us.

And always will be.

You've voted Republican for the last 40 years, so you've screwed you own Kids and Grand Kids out of being as monetary successful as you.

Nothing?
Yes, something. You've been reported to the moderators for invoking my children and grandchildren.

Thanks to obamaCare they probably needed to buy bigger rakes to rake in the cash. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't help write the laws. Did he mention how much their healthcare is going up?

imagine that the free market in action

--LOL

Nothing?
Yes, something. You've been reported to the moderators for invoking my children and grandchildren.
Well, I apologize for my follow-up comment that was rightfully deleted by a mod.

Forum List

Back