African Child Slaves Die for Electric Cars

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
May282021

African Child Slaves Die for Electric Cars

Taxpayers who are forced to subsidize them are not the only ones who have to help pick up the tab for the pricey electric moonbatmobiles Democrats demand we drive. The batteries require cobalt, much of which is mined by children in the Congo, under circumstances that virtue signalers would rather not think about. Some of their parents have filed a class action lawsuit against several US companies, including Tesla:
“Cobalt is a key component of every rechargeable lithium-ion battery in all of the gadgets made by defendants and all other tech and electric car companies in the world that has brought on the latest wave of cruel exploitation fueled by greed, corruption and indifference to a population of powerless, starving Congolese people,” the suit reads.
US companies point out that these families have no standing to sue them in US courts, and shrug that it is not their business how mines are operated in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
“There is no question that defendants have specific knowledge that the cobalt mined in DRC they use in their various products includes cobalt that was produced by children working under extremely hazardous conditions, that serious mining accidents are common due to the primitive conditions and complete lack of safety precautions in the mines, and that hundreds, if not thousands, of children have been maimed or killed to produce the cobalt needed for the world’s modern tech gadgets produced by defendants and other companies,” the lawsuit says.
They ought to sue the Democratic Party for trying to force us into electric cars. Imagine the demand for cobalt if Dems achieve their stated objective of abolishing regular cars. Already, mining required by electric cars threatens a species with extinction.
On tips from ABC of the ANC and Dragon’s Lair.

All links highlighted

I wonder if any of the execs along the cobalt chain have had any CRT struggle sessions ?
The left wing establishment and thier preachy useful idiots are a frigging joke

His sacrifice ... and the sacrifice of millions of his brothers and sisters ... will save the planet for upper-middle class white folks.

ottawa-resident-ricardo-borba-takes-delivery-of-the-first-consumer-nissan-leaf-in-canada_10036...jpg

dmdmmdmdmd.jpg

They drove in together in a tesla ....shotgun had the maps up on the iPhone so they wouldn't get lost ...

Apple is committed to treating everyone in our business and supply chain with dignity and respect, to upholding human rights across our global network of suppliers, and to protecting the planet we all share. We set high standards to respect and empower those who build our products, while conserving the planet’s resources,” it said, adding, “We are dedicated to protecting children wherever our products are made or used.

But the lawsuit insists companies are simply turning a blind eye to the egregious abuses that include children killed in tunnel collapses or losing limbs or suffering from other horrific injuries caused by mining accidents.

Republicans still buy diamonds produced by the Anglo Saxon Diamond mining company and suppoer the racist lie of south african blacks attemting genocide of whites so that whiytes can regain control of South Africa. Not to forget the modern republican support of the confederacy. The party of the Corwin Amendment continues supporting racism.

Oh yeah, and lets not forget that small fact that if we continue burning gasoline, everybody dies.

Republicans still buy diamonds produced by the Anglo Saxon Diamond mining company and suppoer the racist lie of south african blacks attemting genocide of whites so that whiytes can regain control of South Africa. Not to forget the modern republican support of the confederacy. The party of the Corwin Amendment continues supporting racism.

Oh yeah, and lets not forget that small fact that if we continue burning gasoline, everybody dies.

The confederacy was defeated and reabsorbed by the US, generations before either of us were born.

You are a deluded madman, living in the past.

Republicans still buy diamonds produced by the Anglo Saxon Diamond mining company

I haven't bought a diamond in decades. I promise not to buy another one for the rest of my life.
Well I think the story in the OP is basically crap. Moonbattery.com is not a credible news source.

90% of electric auto batteries are made in China. If Americans mfgs want to protect themselves more they are going to have to inch up the supply chain in mining in Africa. There is a lot of slave labor in mining over there.

Republicans still buy diamonds produced by the Anglo Saxon Diamond mining company

I haven't bought a diamond in decades. I promise not to buy another one for the rest of my life.
Well I think the story in the OP is basically crap. Moonbattery.com is not a credible news source.

You don't believe third-world kids are dying in mining and recycling the materials The West relies on to enjoy our phones, computers, and electric cars?

I admire your naivete but, in that respect, things haven't really changed in the last 500 years.

GettyImages-680806095-abd79d7.jpg

Last edited:
90% of electric auto batteries are made in China. If Americans mfgs want to protect themselves more they are going to have to inch up the supply chain in mining in Africa. There is a lot of slave labor in mining over there.
Tesla is building a giga-watt battery factory here in the US. His new batteries use little to no cobalt, depending on which ones are in the vehicle you buy. You "Conservatives" assholes never seemed to mind how many coal miners here in the US died for the coal produced. You are once again demonstrating what damnable hypocrites you are in bringing up the deplorable mining of cobalt in Africa. There are many batteries in development right now that use no cobalt. After, if you can do it better with a far less costly element, that will be done.

Tesla is building a giga-watt battery factory here in the US. His new batteries use little to no cobalt, depending on which ones are in the vehicle you buy. You "Conservatives" assholes never seemed to mind how many coal miners here in the US died for the coal produced. You are once again demonstrating what damnable hypocrites you are in bringing up the deplorable mining of cobalt in Africa. There are many batteries in development right now that use no cobalt. After, if you can do it better with a far less costly element, that will be done.

Erre, we do care. But men working dangerous jobs to support their families, especially when all reasonable precautions are taken, is very different that child slavery.

His sacrifice ... and the sacrifice of millions of his brothers and sisters ... will save the planet for upper-middle class white folks.

View attachment 494870

The SOB can buy his slave produced EV, keep it for two years and then get another one. Meanwhile producing and disposing of the stupid LI batteries are an ecological disaster, not to mention the slave labor to produce them.

Thiers a link to a ministry of truth approved site here ....all ya gotta do is click it

Im2 gotta be a white broad...no way it's a spear chuxer

Greedy selfish white supremacist hates black and the environment

All it cares about is virtue signalling

You "Conservatives" assholes never seemed to mind how many coal miners here in the US died for the coal produced.

Actually, in 2019, there were only 11 deaths to coal mining, significantly lower than the national death rate for bathtub accidents.
Exactly... and the last time I checked, coal miners are adults who CHOOSE to earn a living that way.

Got news for ya', Buckwheat: everybody's gonna' die eventually anyway...

We don't care what the Chinese do in Africa. China Molybdenum, which owned the world's second-largest cobalt mine in the DRC, recently bought the as yet undeveloped Kisanfu resource from Freeport McMoRan for US$550 million, while other Chinese firms like Huayou Cobalt, Chengtun Mining, Wanbao and CNMC were also active there, he said.

Forum List

Back