Alien franchise... which one is best?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Before we begin... Alien vs. Predator doesn't count.... don't even go there.

It is difficult for me to be objective on this. I saw Alien in theater in 1979 when it came out.... and I remember how amazing it was at the time.
So I want to say the original is the best because of that.
But... when I think of which one in the series I would want to watch again the most? It is Prometheus. Many Alien enthusiast hated it, and would like to toss it out as a part of the Alien franchise. I disagree. It is a stand alone story within the franchise. Not intended to be another Alien movie, but a story all it's own.

So...I am stuck between the original and Prometheus.

It is difficult for me to be objective on this. I saw Alien in theater in 1979 when it came out.... and I remember how amazing it was at the time.
But... when I think of which one in the series I would want to watch again the most? It is Prometheus. Many Alien enthusiast hated it, and would like to toss it out as a part of the Alien franchise. I disagree. It is a stand alone story within the franchise. Not intended to be another Alien movie, but a story all it's own.

I love the original Alien, it scared the pelosi out of me when I saw it in 79 and I still watch it when it comes on now. It is also responsible for one of the funniest scenes in any movie when Spaceballs did the takeoff and got John Hurt to do it for them. Great movie.

1619208259107.png

Spaceballs

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

ALIEN and ALIENS fit well together. One a haunted house and one a combat film, and pretty equal in stature.

The others sucked.

The story for Prometheus was decent, but not executed well.

Aliens is hands down my favorite of the series as it represents perhaps the best sci-fi horror story in existence.

The first two were fantastic. They both had different feels to them. The next two were varying levels of disappointment.
The Prometheus series???..BORING!

The first two were the best. Third movie was awful.
I was really disappointed with the newer Alien Covenant.
When the first movie came out it was the first R rated my parents took me to. Scared the hell out of me and I was hooked.
Bill Paxton as the panicky Marine in the second movie was hilarious. Sigourney was still hot.

My top three:

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Prometheus

I have not seen Alien: Covenant yet, but it's on my list.

My top three:

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Prometheus

I have not seen Alien: Covenant yet, but it's on my list.
You should if for no other reason than finish Prometheus. It is a decent movie, but not up to the stature of Alien(s).
I really like Prometheus for the idea of it. These world destroyers/makers.

Ripley (Sagorney Weaver) dies in the first movie so how in the world can we have a sequel with the original stars? I got it, clone Ripley. If you buy the preposterous scenario the movie is right up your ....ally.

The first one is a great horror movie. The second one is a great action movie.

They are both the best of the series, but for different reasons.

No way. It was a totally stupid movie because no one with any sense would travel light years to an alien planet and thirty minutes into exploring take off their helmets.

Prometheus was just stupid....

Yeah....it is obvious there was space travel....so there would be long standing protocols on how to do the whole new planet thing, and removing your helmet before you know if there are new diseases on the planet we haven't experienced yet was just stupid..........and as the Critical Drinker on youtube pointed out....when you see a snake like alien creature, you don't treat it like it's a puppy.....

Alien is far better !!
I really enjoyed both P and C
Alien 3 was bad

Forum List

Back