All things Doctor Who!

Anyone here a fan of the original run Doctor Who? Personally I prefer Jon Pertwee myself.

Yes, I love those episodes with their cheap special effects and rubber monsters.

On a serious note, Pertwee was great, but I still think Tom Baker was the best of the lot.

Tom Baker is the main reason I want to see the rest of them. I need to know what everybody is going on about.

Anyone here a fan of the original run Doctor Who? Personally I prefer Jon Pertwee myself.

Yes, I love those episodes with their cheap special effects and rubber monsters.

On a serious note, Pertwee was great, but I still think Tom Baker was the best of the lot.

Tom Baker is the main reason I want to see the rest of them. I need to know what everybody is going on about.

Tom baker was a great doctor who. He had right mix of leadership but also fun at the same time.

I'll check again. Thanks, guys.

It's very strange. There are pages of episodes - not seasons. I wouldn't know where to begin.

yeah, about that.

The classic series was different in that it was a serial. So a story in the Baker or Pertwee Era would be presented in four parts, which each episode ending with some kind of cliffhanger where the Doctor and/or his companions were in some kind of peril.

Some of the Tom Baker episodes I would recommend are -

The Pyramids of Mars.
Genesis of the Daleks
Brain of Moebius

I'll check again. Thanks, guys.

It's very strange. There are pages of episodes - not seasons. I wouldn't know where to begin.

yeah, about that.

The classic series was different in that it was a serial. So a story in the Baker or Pertwee Era would be presented in four parts, which each episode ending with some kind of cliffhanger where the Doctor and/or his companions were in some kind of peril.

Some of the Tom Baker episodes I would recommend are -

The Pyramids of Mars.
Genesis of the Daleks
Brain of Moebius

Oh, excellent. Thank you. :)

Oh, one more.

The Deadly Assassin. Despite the title being a tautology (a non-deadly assassin wouldn't be good at his job.) It's a great story.

It's the only one where the Doctor has an adventure without a companion in the Classic series.

It is also the episode that established the 12 regeneration limit that they probably thought they'd never have to worry about later.

I haven't seen anything pre-Eccleston. I need to access the rest of the series.

yes....if you are a fan do so.....the ist Doctor i found hard to watch it was just so "crude" i think is the word im looking for here,compared to the rest....but then they did not know.....the 2nd one i thought things picked up some,but so many of his episodes were lost there aint much to see....with the 3rd and Color it started getting to be Doctor Who....my favorite Doctor from the early days was the 5th Doctor...... i also liked the 7th Doctor i thought he was pretty cool...its to bad they did not do a few more with the 8th Doctor.....

he was the first Doctor to take the stick out of his ass.....i thought the episodes with Romana were his best ones ....a Time Lady who was probably just as smart as the Doctor and could operate the Tardis and take care of herself.....thats the ultimate companion

he was the first Doctor to take the stick out of his ass.....i thought the episodes with Romana were his best ones ....a Time Lady who was probably just as smart as the Doctor and could operate the Tardis and take care of herself.....thats the ultimate companion

But I liked all of Baker's companions.

Sarah Jane Smith was smart, spunky, got things done. Occassionally was a foil to the Doctor and his detachment. Didn't let the Doctor take himself too seriously.

Leela was simple, but yet savage and to the point.

Okay, we are still trying to figure out what the deal is with John Hurt's "Doctor".

What we know, he did something the Doctor is ashamed of, not being worthy of the title "Doctor".

Here are the four theories I've heard.

The "First" Doctor- He is an incarnation that precedes Hartnell's. before he earned the title.

The "Third Doctor"... We never really saw Troughton's Doctor turn into Pertwee's. So the theory here is that he spent time in this incarnation and was exiled to Earth after being turned into Pertwee's version.

The "Ninth Doctor". We never saw McGann's doctor turn into Eccelston's version. This is the most popular one right now, because his costume seems to be a combination of those two's costumes. It also kind of makes sense because the Doctor did really do something terrible- He wiped out the Time Lords and the Daleks.

The "Last" Doctor- He's the version of the Doctor at the end of his life, the one who falls at Trenzinor.

The "Ninth" Doctor theory seems most plausible, which is why I think it won't be that one, given the producer's history of setting something up and then faking us out at the last minute.

I don't think we will know until The Day of the Doctor. ;)
Can't wait, 17 days. Woohoo

who-1.png

Forum List

Back