All things Doctor Who!

Lulu has asked rudely (and in her expected butthurt fashion). But at least one person worthy of respect has also asked politely, civilly and in a friendly fashion.

Therefore, in honor of the latter, I will refrain from making further commentary in THIS thread (after this post, that is) about how horrible Dr. Who is. :D

Any further critique of the hideous nature of this dreadful British television programme (they spell it that way!) [ :D ] must be found elsewhere. :eusa_shifty:

Link: http://www.usmessageboard.com/tv-forum/309392-dr-duh.html

[

I am not a welsher as you knew when you lied.

And you didn't "point out" that Ender's Game is mediocre. You merely offered your arrogant and generally worthless opinion.

Dr. Huh sucks balls. No wonder you like that drek.

I was going to comment, but I see that they've already said you've taken the thread off track.

No, guy, I really did nail it on Ender's Game. It's pretty much the kind of Sci-Fi you'd get written by a crazy person.

On the other hand, DW has lasted 50 years, it has millions of fans around the world. I think that pretty much says it all.

Last edited:
By the way, the Doctor you like is the father of David Tennant's wife. :D

Oh! I know. Lol

That makes life better. :lol:

David Tennant's wife is HOT!!!

jenny-georgia-moffett-2.jpg

Oh! I know. Lol

That makes life better. :lol:

She's also his daughter in more ways than one. Makes your mind whirl, doesn't it?

Not really. Two things you are probably going to end up doing as a British Actor- Stuffy Historical Costume Dramas and Doctor Who.

Patrick Troughton and Christopher Eccelston both played the Duke of Norfolk (albeit, Troughton's Duke was the grandfather of Eccelston's Duke.)

So the daughter of one actor who played The Doctor marries another actor who played The Doctor. Since something like 15 actors* have played the Doctor, that isn't a stretch.

(*- In addition to the Canonical 12 Doctors, Peter Cushing played a variation of the Character for two Amicus films, Richard Hurdnell played the First doctor in "The Five Doctors" and we have whatever the heck John Hurt is going to be doing. And I'm not even counting the guy who played the Valeyard.)

She's also his daughter in more ways than one. Makes your mind whirl, doesn't it?

Not really. Two things you are probably going to end up doing as a British Actor- Stuffy Historical Costume Dramas and Doctor Who.

Patrick Troughton and Christopher Eccelston both played the Duke of Norfolk (albeit, Troughton's Duke was the grandfather of Eccelston's Duke.)

So the daughter of one actor who played The Doctor marries another actor who played The Doctor. Since something like 15 actors* have played the Doctor, that isn't a stretch.

(*- In addition to the Canonical 12 Doctors, Peter Cushing played a variation of the Character for two Amicus films, Richard Hurdnell played the First doctor in "The Five Doctors" and we have whatever the heck John Hurt is going to be doing. And I'm not even counting the guy who played the Valeyard.)

But add into that the fact that she played the doctor's daughter when he (David Tennant) was the doctor... And, IMO, the doctor is something you are, not something you play. Even though others play the part, they are each their own "doctor".

Would love to see the daughter show up again in the series.

[

And you didn't "point out" that Ender's Game is mediocre. You merely offered your arrogant and generally worthless opinion.

I was going to comment, but I see that they've already said you've taken the thread off track.

No, guy, I really did nail it on Ender's Game. It's pretty much the kind of Sci-Fi you'd get written by a crazy person.

On the other hand, DW has lasted 50 years, it has millions of fans around the world. I think that pretty much says it all.

No. You were wrong. Ender's Game may be a bit flawed, but it is still vastly superior to some lame Science Fiction which you appear to judge based on longevity.

Fossilized dinosaur poop has been around a long time, too. That doesn't make it quality entertainment.

[

No. You were wrong. Ender's Game may be a bit flawed, but it is still vastly superior to some lame Science Fiction which you appear to judge based on longevity.

Fossilized dinosaur poop has been around a long time, too. That doesn't make it quality entertainment.

Can I take back my rep? You said you were leaving. Go already. Stop making yourself a liar. Let those of us who like Dr Who enjoy it. What is it to you? Why do you want to ruin the fun? Get a life already!

I've watched Dr Who for many years, with my kids when they were younger. Most of it is lame, that's part of the fun. You don't like it you don't have to watch it and up until you gave your big announcement that you were leaving this thread, you had a right to tell us why you didn't like it. Now you have a right to back up your word and leave.

Can I take back my rep? You said you were leaving. Go already. Stop making yourself a liar. Let those of us who like Dr Who enjoy it. What is it to you? Why do you want to ruin the fun? Get a life already!

I've watched Dr Who for many years, with my kids when they were younger. Most of it is lame, that's part of the fun. You don't like it you don't have to watch it and up until you gave your big announcement that you were leaving this thread, you had a right to tell us why you didn't like it. Now you have a right to back up your word and leave.

Yes. You can neg me. Twice (it will take 48 hours plus another minute or more). :eusa_angel:

And, anyway, I was replying to the silliness from JoeB, primarily about his "view" regarding a book unrelated to Dr. Who.

So, againsheila, calm yourself down. Enjoy your Dr. Who echo chamber. But don't think I am obliged not to respond to the likes of that imbecile JoeB.

For my part, I will leave my commentary about Dr. Wha to my alternative thread.

Meanwhile, what I said to JoeBeyotch is true. To the extent he measures the quality of the show by the fact that it has been around a while, his yardstick is seriously flawed.

Yes. You can neg me. Twice (it will take 48 hours plus another minute or more). :eusa_angel:

And, anyway, I was replying to the silliness from JoeB, primarily about his "view" regarding a book unrelated to Dr. Who.

So, againsheila, calm yourself down. Enjoy your Dr. Who echo chamber. But don't think I am obliged not to respond to the likes of that imbecile JoeB.

For my part, I will leave my commentary about Dr. Wha to my alternative thread.

Meanwhile, what I said to JoeBeyotch is true. To the extent he measures the quality of the show by the fact that it has been around a while, his yardstick is seriously flawed.

How is that thread going for ya? Lol

Forum List

Back