Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

Your leftist butthurt is proof of nothing but that you're driven solely by emotion.

Why don't you post a link so we can see for ourselves
1. I believe that's against the rules.

2. The board in question crashed a couple of years ago. All the old stuff was lost.

3. You will claim I'm lying, simply because what I said hits too close to home.

The dog ate my homework.......honest

Your leftist butthurt is proof of nothing but that you're driven solely by emotion.

Why don't you post a link so we can see for ourselves
1. I believe that's against the rules.

2. The board in question crashed a couple of years ago. All the old stuff was lost.

3. You will claim I'm lying, simply because what I said hits too close to home.

Here's a conversation that sheds some interesting light on the leftist mindset regarding race and politics:

Dolphy said:
I didn't mock your curiosity.

Taylor {a black bisexual conservative female-- daveman} sheds no more light on black issues than, say, the black professor who lives down the street from me and whose politics are about 20 degrees to the left of mine.
daveman said:
But she sheds more light on black issues than, say, a white liberal piano player, doesn't she?
Christopher said:
No.

No more than Louis Farrakhan or Magic Johnson.
daveman said:
So, a black conservative chocolate salesperson, a professional racist, a sports figure, and a white keyboardist are all equal go-to sources for The Black Experience?
Christopher said:
Why wouldn't they be?

Throughout the thread in question, left-of-center posters have been chastising the GOP for not addressing "black issues"...and when asked, can't name any. Taylor's response to that:
Taylor said:
I don't care, Philly... the LoC have been acting like presumptuous jackasses in this thread by saying the GOP doesn't address black issues when they can't even NAME THE FUCKING ISSUES. . .way to care, Chris and Syth.

*Taylor*

Yes, that's our Synthia, who insists there are black issues but can't name any. Chris is the poster who insisted in a lost thread that he knew more about "the black experience" than did Taylor. And he said it directly to her.

If anyone wants to see the thread I've quoted from, PM me.

Last edited:
So where did this thread devolve to? Basically West was smart enough to cite the HISTORY of the GOP and not the MODERN GOP, that encompasses the "Southern Strategy", the "Angry White Man" who railed against Affirmative Action, and some constituents who claim that "the Blacks" are on the "Democrat Plantation" and support some Blacks who say stupid and degrading shit like this:
"One of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working,"
This asshole is on the "approved list of Negroes" for some elements of the republican party and "conservatives".

So where did this thread devolve to? Basically West was smart enough to cite the HISTORY of the GOP and not the MODERN GOP, that encompasses the "Southern Strategy", the "Angry White Man" who railed against Affirmative Action, and some constituents who claim that "the Blacks" are on the "Democrat Plantation" and support some Blacks who say stupid and degrading shit like this:
"One of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working,"
This asshole is on the "approved list of Negroes" for some elements of the republican party and "conservatives".

Stupid revisionist history from ignorant liberals..

Richard Nixon kicked off his historic comeback in 1966 with a column on the South (by this writer) that declared we would build our Republican Party on a foundation of states rights, human rights, small government and a strong national defense, and leave it to the “party of Maddox, Mahoney and Wallace to squeeze the last ounces of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice.”

In that ’66 campaign, Nixon – who had been thanked personally by Dr. King for his help in passing the Civil Rights Act of 1957 – endorsed all Republicans, except members of the John Birch Society.

In 1968, Nixon chose Spiro Agnew for vice president. Why? Agnew had routed George (“Your home is your castle!”) Mahoney for governor of Maryland but had also criticized civil-rights leaders who failed to condemn the riots that erupted after the assassination of King. The Agnew of 1968 was both pro-civil rights and pro-law and order.

When the ’68 campaign began, Nixon was at 42 percent, Humphrey at 29 percent, Wallace at 22 percent. When it ended, Nixon and Humphrey were tied at 43 percent, with Wallace at 13 percent. The 9 percent of the national vote that had been peeled off from Wallace had gone to Humphrey.

Between 1969 and 1974, Nixon – who believed that blacks had gotten a raw deal in America and wanted to extend a helping hand:

•raised the civil rights enforcement budget 800 percent;

•doubled the budget for black colleges;

•appointed more blacks to federal posts and high positions than any president, including LBJ;

•adopted the Philadelphia Plan mandating quotas for blacks in unions, and for black scholars in colleges and universities;

•invented “Black Capitalism” (the Office of Minority Business Enterprise), raised U.S. purchases from black businesses from $9 million to $153 million, increased small business loans to minorities 1,000 percent, increased U.S. deposits in minority-owned banks 4,000 percent;

•raised the share of Southern schools that were desegregated from 10 percent to 70 percent. Wrote the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in 1975, “It has only been since 1968 that substantial reduction of racial segregation has taken place in the South.”

The charge that we built our Republican coalition on race is a lie. Nixon routed the left because it had shown itself incompetent to win or end a war into which it had plunged the United States and too befuddled or cowardly to denounce the rioters burning our cities or the brats rampaging on our campuses.

Nixon led America out of a dismal decade and was rewarded with a 49-state landslide. By one estimate, he carried 18 percent of the black vote in 1972 and 25 percent in the South. No Republican has since matched that. To see Kristol colluding with the Times to rewrite that history to make liberals heroes and Republicans villains tells us more about him than about the era.

And where were the necons, when Goldwaterites and Nixonites were building the New Majority? Going all the way with LBJ.

The Neocons and Nixon’s southern strategy

Oh really? Address this then:
Awwwwww! Isn't that wonderful! Did he venture into today's republican party? Did he venture into this:
"Bob Herbert, a New York Times columnist, reported a 1981 interview with Lee Atwater, published in Southern Politics in the 1990s by Alexander P. Lamis, in which Lee Atwater discussed politics in the South:
Lee Atwater

You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites.[35]

And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******". "

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

"During his remarks he also acknowledged that for decades the GOP pursued "'Southern Strategy' that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South."

Steele was asked to explain why an African-American should vote Republican at a university-sponsored discussion on the conservative movement. The RNC chairman's response: "You really don't have a reason to, to be honest -- we haven't done a very good job of really giving you one. True? True."

Steele also discussed with students his own experience being the victim of racial discrimination -- a subject that the he has openly addressed in the past. Steele told TV One's Roland Martin in November that even some of his fellow Republicans are "scared" of him because of his race. "

Or did tom just gloss over the REALITY and ACCURATE account of the modern GOP?

:lol:

Hey Ops, you're asking someone to address someone else's WORDS when you're unwilling to address Nixon's ACTIONS. It's too damned easy to remain comfortable in that cocoon of hate than to step outside it and realize that the 'Racist GOP' did more for blacks in the 60's and 70's than LBJ and his 'Great Society'.

MLK was a registered Republican.

Hey Ops, you're asking someone to address someone else's WORDS when you're unwilling to address Nixon's ACTIONS. It's too damned easy to remain comfortable in that cocoon of hate than to step outside it and realize that the 'Racist GOP' did more for blacks in the 60's and 70's than LBJ and his 'Great Society'.

Can you provide any credible proof of that?

John R. Bohrer: Dr. King: A Registered Republican?

I don't haft to address what that person says, I gave you info stats and facts from people who were there, and involved in the "southern strategy" You not so much, I could give a shit what Lee Atwater says...Who is he again? Lee Atwater:cuckoo:

Last edited:
You're kidding, right? Your own citation proves you wrong.

Each version of the bill got a higher percentage of GOP "yes" votes than Democrat "yes" votes.

what the first person said...
the CRA 1964 bill got more GOP votes than Democrat votes in congress.

what the second person said...
No, it did not get more GOP votes.

what you said...
You're kidding, right? Your own citation proves you wrong. Each version of the bill got a higher percentage of GOP "yes" votes.
It got a higher percentage. More Republicans supported civil rights than Democrats.

Which is meaningless today.

You don't get credit or blame for what your grandparents did, and you certainly don't get credit or blame for what the politicians of your grandparents' era did, simply because of their party affiliation.

Why is that so difficult for conservatives to understand? Are you all collectively that dense?

Ok, those "words" were from Lee Atwater who was: Harvey LeRoy "Lee" Atwater (February 27, 1951 – March 29, 1991) was an American political consultant and strategist to the Republican Party. He was an advisor of U.S. Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush and Chairman of the Republican National Committee. I think that's a PRETY CREDIBLE CITATION. The next citation was from; Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman. The next one was from Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele. What's wrong with those citations?

Which MLK are you referring to and where's your proof? That said, I wouldn't doubt if he was a republican when he had to face the southern democrat bigots of his time. ;)

Let's address those "good things" about Nixon;

"Richard Nixon kicked off his historic comeback in 1966 with a column on the South (by this writer) that declared we would build our Republican Party on a foundation of states rights, human rights, small government and a strong national defense, and leave it to the “party of Maddox, Mahoney and Wallace to squeeze the last ounces of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice.”

In that ’66 campaign, Nixon – who had been thanked personally by Dr. King for his help in passing the Civil Rights Act of 1957 – endorsed all Republicans, except members of the John Birch Society.

In 1968, Nixon chose Spiro Agnew for vice president. Why? Agnew had routed George (“Your home is your castle!”) Mahoney for governor of Maryland but had also criticized civil-rights leaders who failed to condemn the riots that erupted after the assassination of King. The Agnew of 1968 was both pro-civil rights and pro-law and order.

When the ’68 campaign began, Nixon was at 42 percent, Humphrey at 29 percent, Wallace at 22 percent. When it ended, Nixon and Humphrey were tied at 43 percent, with Wallace at 13 percent. The 9 percent of the national vote that had been peeled off from Wallace had gone to Humphrey.

Between 1969 and 1974, Nixon – who believed that blacks had gotten a raw deal in America and wanted to extend a helping hand:

•raised the civil rights enforcement budget 800 percent; (Isn't that more "big government"?

•doubled the budget for black colleges;( Isn't that supporting racial hiring quotas that you republicans seem to rail against on a daily basis??) :lol: I hear PLENTY of mordern day republicans crying about this on a daily basis. :lol:

•appointed more blacks to federal posts and high positions than any president, including LBJ;( Isn't that supporting racial hiring quotas that you republicans seem to rail against on a daily basis??) :lol: I hear PLENTY of modern day republicans crying about this on a daily basis. :lol:

•adopted the Philadelphia Plan mandating quotas for blacks in unions, and for black scholars in colleges and universities;( Isn't that supporting racial hiring quotas that you republicans seem to rail against on a daily basis??) :lol: I hear PLENTY of modern day republicans crying about this on a daily basis. :lol:
[/B]

•invented “Black Capitalism” (the Office of Minority Business Enterprise), raised U.S. purchases from black businesses from $9 million to $153 million, increased small business loans to minorities 1,000 percent, increased U.S. deposits in minority-owned banks 4,000 percent;( Isn't that supporting racial hiring quotas that you republicans seem to rail against on a daily basis??) [/B]:lol: I hear PLENTY of modern day republicans crying about this on a daily basis. :lol:

•raised the share of Southern schools that were desegregated from 10 percent to 70 percent. Wrote the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in 1975, “It has only been since 1968 that substantial reduction of racial segregation has taken place in the South.”

Aren't modern day republicans against such "quotas"???

I don't haft to address what that person says, I gave you info stats and facts from people who were there, and involved in the "southern strategy" You not so much, I could give a shit what Lee Atwater says...Who is he again? Lee Atwater:cuckoo:

Yeah, run away from the fact that he was a republican strategist and adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. :lol: SECONDLY; what you claim about what Nixon passed, is the ANTITHESIS to the republicans of today.

Ok, those "words" were from Lee Atwater who was: Harvey LeRoy "Lee" Atwater (February 27, 1951 – March 29, 1991) was an American political consultant and strategist to the Republican Party. He was an advisor of U.S. Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush and Chairman of the Republican National Committee. I think that's a PRETY CREDIBLE CITATION. The next citation was from; Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman. The next one was from Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele. What's wrong with those citations?

Which MLK are you referring to and where's your proof? That said, I wouldn't doubt if he was a republican when he had to face the southern democrat bigots of his time. ;)

Let's address those "good things" about Nixon;

"Richard Nixon kicked off his historic comeback in 1966 with a column on the South (by this writer) that declared we would build our Republican Party on a foundation of states rights, human rights, small government and a strong national defense, and leave it to the “party of Maddox, Mahoney and Wallace to squeeze the last ounces of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice.”

•raised the civil rights enforcement budget 800 percent; (Isn't that more "big government"?

•doubled the budget for black colleges;( Isn't that supporting racial hiring quotas that you republicans seem to rail against on a daily basis??) :lol: I hear PLENTY of mordern day republicans crying about this on a daily basis. :lol:

•appointed more blacks to federal posts and high positions than any president, including LBJ;( Isn't that supporting racial hiring quotas that you republicans seem to rail against on a daily basis??) :lol: I hear PLENTY of modern day republicans crying about this on a daily basis. :lol:

•adopted the Philadelphia Plan mandating quotas for blacks in unions, and for black scholars in colleges and universities;( Isn't that supporting racial hiring quotas that you republicans seem to rail against on a daily basis??) :lol: I hear PLENTY of modern day republicans crying about this on a daily basis. :lol:
[/B]

•invented “Black Capitalism” (the Office of Minority Business Enterprise), raised U.S. purchases from black businesses from $9 million to $153 million, increased small business loans to minorities 1,000 percent, increased U.S. deposits in minority-owned banks 4,000 percent;( Isn't that supporting racial hiring quotas that you republicans seem to rail against on a daily basis??) [/B]:lol: I hear PLENTY of modern day republicans crying about this on a daily basis. :lol:

Aren't modern day republicans against such "quotas"???

Segregation is unconstitutional although Democrats continue the practice today by leaving poor black children stuck in failing inner city public schools. Some things Nixon did were good some not but the libs put fourth his “Southern Strategy” was racist that’s a lie it was not

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7FS5B-CynM]Barack Obama & the DC School Voucher Program - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, run away from the fact that he was a republican strategist and adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. :lol: SECONDLY; what you claim about what Nixon passed, is the ANTITHESIS to the republicans of today.

So what you're saying Ops, is that the 'helping hand' that was extended to overcome the racial bias of the past must be permanent? At what point does Affirmative Action become more a dependency than an assistance? Are you trying to say that the black community can't make it without special dispensations? Do you EVER want to be equal, or do you prefer being so damned helpless? How much is enough?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUSOtID5RsQ&feature=related]Milton Friedman - Educational Vouchers - YouTube[/ame]

Segregation is unconstitutional although Democrats continue the practice today by leaving poor black children stuck in failing inner city public schools. Some things Nixon did were good some not but the libs put fourth his “Southern Strategy” was racist that’s a lie it was not

Once AGAIN you are not addressing the words put forth by LEADING REPUBLICANS! I wonder why? :lol: Secondly, a MAJORITY of those plans and 'achievements' by Nixon, would be the VERY THINGS that some modern day republicans CRY ABOUT ON A DAILY BASIS! :lol:

Forum List

Back