Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

Hey Ops, you're asking someone to address someone else's WORDS when you're unwilling to address Nixon's ACTIONS. It's too damned easy to remain comfortable in that cocoon of hate than to step outside it and realize that the 'Racist GOP' did more for blacks in the 60's and 70's than LBJ and his 'Great Society'.

MLK was a registered Republican.

Yo........Gay Pinhead...........

Public stance on political parties

As the leader of the SCLC, King maintained a policy of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both—not the servant or master of either."[30]

In a 1958 interview, he expressed his view that neither party was perfect, saying, "I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party."[31]

King critiqued both parties' performance on promoting racial equality:

Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights.[32]

Personal political advocacy

Although King never publicly supported a political party or candidate for president, in a letter to a civil rights supporter in October 1956 he said that he was undecided as to whether he would vote for the Adlai Stevenson or Dwight Eisenhower, but that "In the past I always voted the Democratic ticket."[33]

In his autobiography, King says that in 1960 he privately voted for Democratic candidate John F. Kennedy: "I felt that Kennedy would make the best president. I never came out with an endorsement. My father did, but I never made one." King adds that he likely would have made an exception to his non-endorsement policy in 1964, saying "Had President Kennedy lived, I would probably have endorsed him in 1964."[34]

Martin Luther King, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Registered republican? Really?

:eusa_whistle:

Do Democrats care about Black Children?...I think not

What Newark got, Detroit turned down

bilde

Bob Thompson admittedly is not as sexy as Mark Zuckerberg, the 26-year-old Facebook founder who is being lionized for donating $100 million to help reinvent the Newark, N.J., schools.
Zuckerberg is a master of the Internet universe; Thompson is in asphalt. Zuckerberg is young, hip and speaks eloquently the language of the globally connected; Thompson is old, square and talks only when he has to, and then in a Midwestern drawl.
But, still, Thompson must be scratching his head. While Zuckerberg's generosity put him on top of Oprah's Great Guys list, Thompson's attempt to give twice as much money to Detroit's schoolchildren got him a kick in the butt.
And while Zuckerberg's gift amounts to roughly 10 percent of his personal wealth, Thompson was all in; the $200 million he offered Detroit was nearly his entire fortune.
Why Thompson wasn't welcomed as the savior of education in Detroit is just another self-destructive episode in the city's tragic journey.
Thompson, the Plymouth road builder who gave half his wealth to his employees when he retired, wanted to give the other half to Detroit to build a network of 15 high-performing charter high schools.
Teamed with his strategic wizard Doug Ross, Thompson guaranteed schools that would graduate 90 percent of their students and send 90 percent of those graduates on to college.
Instead of grabbing the money and doing a happy dance, Detroiters, as is their custom, wailed about a suburban outsider taking away their schools and stealing their children.

Then-Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick told Thompson to just drop off the check and let Detroit Public Schools decide how to spend it. Gov. Jennifer Granholm stood in the schoolhouse door, assuring unionized teachers she wouldn't allow Thompson's charters to come in and take their jobs.

That was six years ago. Had Detroit embraced Thompson the way Newark is embracing Zuckerberg, the city would have all 15 of those high schools open by now, and a whole lot more of its children in college. Newark is on the road to better schools; Detroit is still resisting reform.
You don't have to imagine what the education environment might have looked like. Thompson worked the cracks to build or help build three high schools.

The newest Thompson school opened on Detroit's riverfront this fall. It's magnificent. For $16 million, Thompson and other backers turned an ancient warehouse into a beautiful example of how decrepit industrial buildings can be repurposed.

The remake of the Albert Kahn-designed structure will be a catalyst for rebirth in the Warehouse District. The University Prep Math and Science Academy offers students lavishly equipped classrooms and laboratories, as well as a glass-walled penthouse cafeteria with a river view.

What Newark got, Detroit turned down | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

segregation is unconstitutional although democrats continue the practice today by leaving poor black children stuck in failing inner city public schools. Some things nixon did were good some not but the libs put fourth his “southern strategy” was racist that’s a lie it was not

once again you are not addressing the words put forth by leading republicans! I wonder why? :lol: Secondly, a majority of those plans and 'achievements' by nixon, would be the very things that some modern day republicans cry about on a daily basis! :lol:

because 50 years is long enough, will you ever stand up on your own two feet or do we have to carry you for life?? Are you fucking crippled, stupid or just plain lazy??

So what you're saying Ops, is that the 'helping hand' that was extended to overcome the racial bias of the past must be permanent? At what point does Affirmative Action become more a dependency than an assistance? Are you trying to say that the black community can't make it without special dispensations? Do you EVER want to be equal, or do you prefer being so damned helpless? How much is enough?

Where did I say it must be "permanent"? I don't know, when do you feel that it; Affirmative Action become more a dependency than an assistance? Where and when did I say that shit about;"the black community can't make it without special dispensations"? Thank you very much for showing your true colors! :lol: You don't know me, yet you assume some stupid SHIT like this; "Do you EVER want to be equal, or do you prefer being so damned helpless? How much is enough?". Maybe it was a rhetorical statement, but it STILL SHOWS AND DEMONSTRATES YOU INHERENT BIAS! :lol:

I own my own business, I don't receive any government assistance (neither does my wife), I don't care about "being equal", BUT I do expect my Civil Liberties to be protected.

segregation is unconstitutional although democrats continue the practice today by leaving poor black children stuck in failing inner city public schools. Some things nixon did were good some not but the libs put fourth his “southern strategy” was racist that’s a lie it was not

once again you are not addressing the words put forth by leading republicans! I wonder why? :lol: Secondly, a majority of those plans and 'achievements' by nixon, would be the very things that some modern day republicans cry about on a daily basis! :lol:

because 50 years is long enough, will you ever stand up on your own two feet or do we have to carry you for life?? Are you fucking crippled, stupid or just plain lazy??

So once again you actually are AGAINST those very programs and policies that you were touting and bragging about the republican party enacting!!! Thanks oft the laugh!

So what you're saying Ops, is that the 'helping hand' that was extended to overcome the racial bias of the past must be permanent? At what point does Affirmative Action become more a dependency than an assistance? Are you trying to say that the black community can't make it without special dispensations? Do you EVER want to be equal, or do you prefer being so damned helpless? How much is enough?

Where did I say it must be "permanent"? I don't know, when do you feel that it; Affirmative Action become more a dependency than an assistance? Where and when did I say that shit about;"the black community can't make it without special dispensations"? Thank you very much for showing your true colors! :lol: You don't know me, yet you assume some stupid SHIT like this; "Do you EVER want to be equal, or do you prefer being so damned helpless? How much is enough?". Maybe it was a rhetorical statement, but it STILL SHOWS AND DEMONSTRATES YOU INHERENT BIAS! :lol:

I own my own business, I don't receive any government assistance (neither does my wife), I don't care about "being equal", BUT I do expect my Civil Liberties to be protected.

obviously not if your a lib:cuckoo:

Everett McKinley Dirksen (January 4, 1896 September 7, 1969) was a Republican U.S. Congressman and Senator from Pekin, Illinois. As Republican Senate leader he played a highly visible and key role in the politics of the 1960s, including helping to write and pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm6fnQ5no0o&feature=endscreen&NR=1]The Difference between a Republican and A Democrat - YouTube[/ame]

Humm..sure doesn't sound like a lib does he?

Last edited:
Everett McKinley Dirksen (January 4, 1896 September 7, 1969) was a Republican U.S. Congressman and Senator from Pekin, Illinois. As Republican Senate leader he played a highly visible and key role in the politics of the 1960s, including helping to write and pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964

The Difference between a Republican and A Democrat - YouTube

Listen.......the Republican party of today is much different than what it was back then. Reagan had a large part to do with it btw.

Saying that Republicans support civil rights because they did back in the 60's, is something akin to Mitt Romney saying he's a self made man because his father was.

No.........he's not "self made", his father was. Mittens was just lucky enough to be born in the right family.

Listen.......the Republican party of today is much different than what it was back then. Reagan had a large part to do with it btw.

Saying that Republicans support civil rights because they did back in the 60's, is something akin to Mitt Romney saying he's a self made man because his father was.

No.........he's not "self made", his father was. Mittens was just lucky enough to be born in the right family.

Listen to what the man said who does he sound like?:eusa_eh:

So once again you actually are AGAINST those very programs and policies that you were touting and bragging about the republican party enacting!!! Thanks oft the laugh!

I am against them NOW. I was FOR them when they were enacted, they served a purpose THEN. How long, how many generations? When does the EQUALITY start?

Republican Abe Lincoln freed the slaves.
A Republican Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1866.
The Republican's during the Civil War were "civil rights oriented".
In 1892, the Democrats took the presidency & Congress and repealed most of the civil rights laws.
In 1929, most blacks were Republicans.
In 1932, Republican Herbert Hoover drew 3/4 of the black vote. Democratic Franklin Roosevelt drew 1/4. Roosevelt won.
By 1936, millions of blacks starting changing parties.
In 1942, Democrat Harry Truman integrated the armed forces.
A Democratic Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

And the CRA 1964 bill got more GOP votes than Democrat votes in congress.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By party and region
Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.
The original House version:
Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)
The Senate version:
Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)
>
Southerners overwhelmingly voted against the Civil Rights Act.

what the first person said...
the CRA 1964 bill got more GOP votes than Democrat votes in congress.

what the second person said...
No, it did not get more GOP votes.

what you said...
You're kidding, right? Your own citation proves you wrong. Each version of the bill got a higher percentage of GOP "yes" votes.
It got a higher percentage. More Republicans supported civil rights than Democrats.

Which is meaningless today.

You don't get credit or blame for what your grandparents did, and you certainly don't get credit or blame for what the politicians of your grandparents' era did, simply because of their party affiliation.

Why is that so difficult for conservatives to understand? Are you all collectively that dense?
Then you similarly chastised liberals who screeched on and on about Prescott Bush?

Of course you didn't.

Then you similarly chastised liberals who screeched on and on about how the Founding Fathers were just like modern liberals?

Of course you didn't.

Credibility fail, Carby.

Oh really? Address this then:

I don't haft to address what that person says, I gave you info stats and facts from people who were there, and involved in the "southern strategy" You not so much, I could give a shit what Lee Atwater says...Who is he again? Lee Atwater:cuckoo:

Yeah, run away from the fact that he was a republican strategist and adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. :lol: SECONDLY; what you claim about what Nixon passed, is the ANTITHESIS to the republicans of today.
I see you've fallen for the left's Big Lie about the GOP.

Really, treating everyone the same regardless of their skin color is not racist. True story.

bilde

Bob Thompson admittedly is not as sexy as Mark Zuckerberg, the 26-year-old Facebook founder who is being lionized for donating $100 million to help reinvent the Newark, N.J., schools.
Zuckerberg is a master of the Internet universe; Thompson is in asphalt. Zuckerberg is young, hip and speaks eloquently the language of the globally connected; Thompson is old, square and talks only when he has to, and then in a Midwestern drawl.
But, still, Thompson must be scratching his head. While Zuckerberg's generosity put him on top of Oprah's Great Guys list, Thompson's attempt to give twice as much money to Detroit's schoolchildren got him a kick in the butt.
And while Zuckerberg's gift amounts to roughly 10 percent of his personal wealth, Thompson was all in; the $200 million he offered Detroit was nearly his entire fortune.
Why Thompson wasn't welcomed as the savior of education in Detroit is just another self-destructive episode in the city's tragic journey.
Thompson, the Plymouth road builder who gave half his wealth to his employees when he retired, wanted to give the other half to Detroit to build a network of 15 high-performing charter high schools.
Teamed with his strategic wizard Doug Ross, Thompson guaranteed schools that would graduate 90 percent of their students and send 90 percent of those graduates on to college.
Instead of grabbing the money and doing a happy dance, Detroiters, as is their custom, wailed about a suburban outsider taking away their schools and stealing their children.

Then-Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick told Thompson to just drop off the check and let Detroit Public Schools decide how to spend it. Gov. Jennifer Granholm stood in the schoolhouse door, assuring unionized teachers she wouldn't allow Thompson's charters to come in and take their jobs.

That was six years ago. Had Detroit embraced Thompson the way Newark is embracing Zuckerberg, the city would have all 15 of those high schools open by now, and a whole lot more of its children in college. Newark is on the road to better schools; Detroit is still resisting reform.
You don't have to imagine what the education environment might have looked like. Thompson worked the cracks to build or help build three high schools.

The newest Thompson school opened on Detroit's riverfront this fall. It's magnificent. For $16 million, Thompson and other backers turned an ancient warehouse into a beautiful example of how decrepit industrial buildings can be repurposed.

The remake of the Albert Kahn-designed structure will be a catalyst for rebirth in the Warehouse District. The University Prep Math and Science Academy offers students lavishly equipped classrooms and laboratories, as well as a glass-walled penthouse cafeteria with a river view.

Wow. Just...wow.

Obviously, Detroit's city and educational leadership doesn't give a shit about children.

This is absolutely undeniable.

Republicans support civil rights because they do today.

Again, treating people the same regardless of race is not racist, no matter what your programming says.

Again, treating people the same regardless of race is not racist, no matter what your programming says.

Unfortunately, you'll never get through to the Race Baiter-Bots. It just aint gonna happen. It has been my experience that most accusations of 'Racism' usually do come from the same old sources...Dumb White Liberals and racist African American Democrats. So whenever i see tired Race-Baiting, i just consider the source and have a good laugh. Same ole same ole in the end. Nothing ever changes. But nice effort though. :)

Unfortunately, you'll never get through to the Race Baiter-Bots. It just aint gonna happen. It has been my experience that most accusations of 'Racism' usually do come from the same old sources...Dumb White Liberals and racist African American Democrats. So whenever i see tired Race-Baiting, i just consider the source and have a good laugh. Same ole same ole in the end. Nothing ever changes. But nice effort though. :)
Thanks. The only thing they've accomplished by screeching "Racism!!" at everything they don't like is to make the word meaningless.

Thanks. The only thing they've accomplished by screeching "Racism!!" at everything they don't like is to make the word meaningless.

Yup.

bilde

Wow. Just...wow.

Obviously, Detroit's city and educational leadership doesn't give a shit about children.

It wasn't only the city, It was the Democrat governor at the time. She cared more for her allies, the teachers unions than she did about the kids. It's the democrat party way.

Wow. Just...wow.

It wasn't only the city, It was the Democrat governor at the time. She cared more for her allies, the teachers unions than she did about the kids. It's the democrat party way.
"We want to keep our children poor and uneducated...for the children!!"

Forum List

Back