Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

I dont think the GOP has anything against other races, it just has a problem with those who work hard to barely make ends meet. They want all the help those people get slowly stripped away. I dont think Obama gets a second term. I think its close but the GOP wins this. It will be interesting to see how they treat those who dont earn that much. They will have to be careful because they know they cant take away the right of the working person to vote. Thats the one thing that makes them nervous.

Voting Rights Act under siege

Voting Rights Act under siege - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Well, so much for "Republicans are the friends to blacks" meme.

It must be really embarrassing to be a conservative and have all the stuff you THOUGHT you knew, be proven wrong on the very threads you started.

Red Herring alert!

Complete bullshit response there pal. The history of the GOP and Black Americans has NOTHING to do with attempts to keep voting fair. How sad for you that's all you've got.

I dont think the GOP has anything against other races, it just has a problem with those who work hard to barely make ends meet. They want all the help those people get slowly stripped away.

No, idiot, they want to give all those people the opportunity to better their lot in life, not secure them in perpetual dependency.

I dont think the GOP has anything against other races, it just has a problem with those who work hard to barely make ends meet. They want all the help those people get slowly stripped away.

No, idiot, they want to give all those people the opportunity to better their lot in life, not secure them in perpetual dependency.

Sure....by eliminating all programs that will help them escape that dependency

50 years of those programs have failed to help them escape dependency, they've actually had the OPPOSITE effect. You can't argue the facts, RW, they're right in front of your face.

Go here. In row, copy and paste "racdin, racmar, marblk, racpres, racschol, racseg". In column, copy and paste "partyid". And, finally, in control, copy and paste "white(1)". Run the table and enjoy. Just looking at those results, there's no way you can tell me that the Democratic party is less racist than is the Republican party.

Last edited:

WRONG, liar.

Go here. In row, copy and paste "racdin, racmar, marblk, racpres, racschol, racseg". In column, copy and paste "partyid". And, finally, in control, copy and paste "white(1)". Run the table and enjoy. Just looking at those results, there's no way you can tell me that the Democratic party is less racist than is the Republican party.

Nice find...:clap2:

I don't haft to address what that person says, I gave you info stats and facts from people who were there, and involved in the "southern strategy" You not so much, I could give a shit what Lee Atwater says...Who is he again? Lee Atwater:cuckoo:

Yeah, run away from the fact that he was a republican strategist and adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. :lol: SECONDLY; what you claim about what Nixon passed, is the ANTITHESIS to the republicans of today.
I see you've fallen for the left's Big Lie about the GOP.

Really, treating everyone the same regardless of their skin color is not racist. True story.

What "big lie"? I provided quotes from a top GOP strategist (Lee Atwater) and two RNC chairmen, who spoke about the Southern Strategy, two of them apologized for it. They obviously weren't "treating everyone the same regardless of skin color". In fact one of your fellow GOP'ers asserted that the racial hiring quotas aka Affirmative Action was started by the GOP. I hear a lot of GOP folks praising MLKjr, yet they FIGHT and disagree with almost all of his policies. Here's a good read;

Myths of Martin Luther King by Marcus Epstein

50 years of those programs have failed to help them escape dependency, they've actually had the OPPOSITE effect. You can't argue the facts, RW, they're right in front of your face.

What specific programs started in 1962 to "help them"???

because 50 years is long enough, will you ever stand up on your own two feet or do we have to carry you for life?? Are you fucking crippled, stupid or just plain lazy??

So once again you actually are AGAINST those very programs and policies that you were touting and bragging about the republican party enacting!!! Thanks oft the laugh!

I am against them NOW. I was FOR them when they were enacted, they served a purpose THEN. How long, how many generations? When does the EQUALITY start?

I don't know "how long" or "how many generations", what specific programs are you referring to? Are "the Blacks" the only recipients of those programs?

Those programs have not failed

Millions of Americans have escaped poverty through government sponsored educational, job training and jobs placement programs

So once again you actually are AGAINST those very programs and policies that you were touting and bragging about the republican party enacting!!! Thanks oft the laugh!

I am against them NOW. I was FOR them when they were enacted, they served a purpose THEN. How long, how many generations? When does the EQUALITY start?

I don't know "how long" or "how many generations", what specific programs are you referring to? Are "the Blacks" the only recipients of those programs?

Affirmative Action History & Timeline (Civil Rights Act, Supreme Court Cases, etc) — Infoplease.com

Haven't read this whole thread and chances are someone has already pointed out the obvious: that West needed a time machine so he could make that boast fifty years ago, when it was true. The GOP does indeed have a proud history of standing up for racial equality: ending slavery, being the main champions of civil rights for decades while Democrats opposed it.

All true. All quite old. All having nothing to do with the Republican Party as it is NOW, anymore than Theodore Roosevelt's trust-busting and advocacy for working people does. It's a different party today.

Those programs have not failed

Millions of Americans have escaped poverty through government sponsored educational, job training and jobs placement programs

On January 8, 1964, less than two months after John F. Kennedy was assassinated in the streets of Dallas, President Lyndon B. Johnson delivered his first State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress. With a rousing call to action, he declared an “all-out war on human poverty,” asserting that this session of Congress would do more for civil rights “than the last hundred sessions combined.” Using language generally reserved for America’s resolve to defeat foreign enemies, President Johnson dedicated the nation to combating the internal enemy of poverty: “This administration today, here and now, declares unconditional war on poverty in America. I urge this Congress and all Americans to join me in that effort.” Franklin D. Roosevelt, a mentor of Johnson, had created the New Deal. For a man of Johnson’s imagination and ambition, that goal, lofty as it was, was still not aimed high enough. Johnson proposed more than a new deal, he proposed a “great society,” one that would bring the opportunity for peace, health, and economic security to all Americans, regardless of age, sex, or race.

Nearly a quarter century later, in January 1988, President Ronald Reagan delivered a State of the Union address in which he declared that the War on Poverty had failed: “My friends, some years ago, the Federal Government declared war on poverty, and poverty won.” The remark brought laughter from the joint session of Congress that Reagan addressed. Yet President Reagan meant what he said that night:

Today the Federal Government has 59 major welfare programs and spends more than $100 billion a year on them. What has all this money done? Well, too often it has only made poverty harder to escape. Federal welfare programs have created a massive social problem. With the best of intentions, government created a poverty trap that wreaks havoc on the very support system the poor need most to lift themselves out of poverty: the family. Dependency has become the one enduring heirloom, passed from one generation to the next, of too many fragmented families.

That night President Reagan issued a direct conservative challenge to the heart of the liberal political agenda that had dominated the American Left since the 1930s. The government had failed to devise a program that could eradicate poverty in America. After spending trillions of dollars and creating a massive federal bureaucracy, Reagan returned to a simple but critically important theme: without strong families, the poor would never emerge from poverty. Even more damaging, Reagan directly stated that federal antipoverty programs actually functioned to destroy poor families, thereby perpetuating the culture of poverty they were trying to eliminate. Federal antipoverty programs, in Reagan’s analysis, had become part of the problem, not the solution.

Democrats' War on Poverty Has Failed - HUMAN EVENTS

Affirmative Action History & Timeline (Civil Rights Act, Supreme Court Cases, etc) — Infoplease.com

Is there something wrong with this?
"Executive Order 10925 makes the first reference to "affirmative action" (1961)

President John F. Kennedy issues Executive Order 10925, which creates the Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity and mandates that projects financed with federal funds "take affirmative action" to ensure that hiring and employment practices are free of racial bias."

"Civil Rights Act signed by President Lyndon Johnson (1964)

The most sweeping civil rights legislation since Reconstruction, the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination of all kinds based on race, color, religion, or national origin."

These are from 50+ and 48 years ago. What is wrong with the above programs? How were "the Blacks" the only ones who were helped by this?

President John F. Kennedy issues Executive Order 10925, which creates the Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity and mandates that projects financed with federal funds "take affirmative action" to ensure that hiring and employment practices are free of racial bias."

The most sweeping civil rights legislation since Reconstruction, the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination of all kinds based on race, color, religion, or national origin."

These are from 50+ and 48 years ago. What is wrong with the above programs? How were "the Blacks" the only ones who were helped by this?

There is nothing wrong with what you've highlighted, it's the law of the land, as it should be. But those 2 things aren't what I'm talking about. See my last post to rightwinger for more...

There is nothing wrong with what you've highlighted, it's the law of the land, as it should be. But those 2 things aren't what I'm talking about. See my last post to rightwinger for more...

What did the "Reagan republicans" actually try to do to help the situation besides delivering empty rhetoric and campaigning on the "welfare queen"??? "Thus, Reagan repeatedly told the bogus story of the Cadillac-driving welfare queen — a gross exaggeration of a minor case of welfare fraud. He never mentioned the woman’s race, but he didn’t have to.

There are many other examples of Reagan’s tacit race-baiting in the historical record. My colleague Bob Herbert described some of these examples in a recent column. Here’s one he didn’t mention: During the 1976 campaign Reagan often talked about how upset workers must be to see an able-bodied man using food stamps at the grocery store. In the South — but not in the North — the food-stamp (see gingrich and co. with "Foodstamp President)* user became a “strapping young buck” buying T-bone steaks.

Now, about the Philadelphia story: in December 1979 the Republican national committeeman from Mississippi wrote a letter urging that the party’s nominee speak at the Neshoba Country Fair, just outside the town where three civil rights workers had been murdered in 1964. It would, he wrote, help win over “George Wallace inclined voters.”

Sure enough, Reagan appeared, and declared his support for states’ rights — which everyone took to be a coded declaration of support for segregationist sentiments. "

"More than 40 years have passed since the Voting Rights Act, which Reagan described in 1980 as “humiliating to the South.”

*My addition to point out the pig gingrich and his coded racial attack.

Last edited:

What did the "Reagan republicans" actually try to do to help the situation besides delivering empty rhetoric and campaigning on the "welfare queen"??? "Thus, Reagan repeatedly told the bogus story of the Cadillac-driving welfare queen — a gross exaggeration of a minor case of welfare fraud. He never mentioned the woman’s race, but he didn’t have to.

There are many other examples of Reagan’s tacit race-baiting in the historical record. My colleague Bob Herbert described some of these examples in a recent column. Here’s one he didn’t mention: During the 1976 campaign Reagan often talked about how upset workers must be to see an able-bodied man using food stamps at the grocery store. In the South — but not in the North — the food-stamp (see gingrich and co. with "Foodstamp President)* user became a “strapping young buck” buying T-bone steaks.

Now, about the Philadelphia story: in December 1979 the Republican national committeeman from Mississippi wrote a letter urging that the party’s nominee speak at the Neshoba Country Fair, just outside the town where three civil rights workers had been murdered in 1964. It would, he wrote, help win over “George Wallace inclined voters.”

Sure enough, Reagan appeared, and declared his support for states’ rights — which everyone took to be a coded declaration of support for segregationist sentiments. "

"More than 40 years have passed since the Voting Rights Act, which Reagan described in 1980 as “humiliating to the South.”

*My addition to point out the pig gingrich and his coded racial attack.

And yet the poverty rates, teen pregnancy rates, single mother rates, broken family rates, etc. are ALL worse now than when the War on Poverty began.

What does that tell you?

Forum List

Back