Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

Is there something wrong with this?
"Executive Order 10925 makes the first reference to "affirmative action" (1961)

President John F. Kennedy issues Executive Order 10925, which creates the Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity and mandates that projects financed with federal funds "take affirmative action" to ensure that hiring and employment practices are free of racial bias."

"Civil Rights Act signed by President Lyndon Johnson (1964)

The most sweeping civil rights legislation since Reconstruction, the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination of all kinds based on race, color, religion, or national origin."

These are from 50+ and 48 years ago. What is wrong with the above programs? How were "the Blacks" the only ones who were helped by this?

There is nothing wrong with what you've highlighted, it's the law of the land, as it should be. But those 2 things aren't what I'm talking about. See my last post to rightwinger for more...

What did the "Reagan republicans" actually try to do to help the situation besides delivering empty rhetoric and campaigning on the "welfare queen"??? "Thus, Reagan repeatedly told the bogus story of the Cadillac-driving welfare queen — a gross exaggeration of a minor case of welfare fraud. He never mentioned the woman’s race, but he didn’t have to.

There are many other examples of Reagan’s tacit race-baiting in the historical record. My colleague Bob Herbert described some of these examples in a recent column. Here’s one he didn’t mention: During the 1976 campaign Reagan often talked about how upset workers must be to see an able-bodied man using food stamps at the grocery store. In the South — but not in the North — the food-stamp (see gingrich and co. with "Foodstamp President)* user became a “strapping young buck” buying T-bone steaks.

Now, about the Philadelphia story: in December 1979 the Republican national committeeman from Mississippi wrote a letter urging that the party’s nominee speak at the Neshoba Country Fair, just outside the town where three civil rights workers had been murdered in 1964. It would, he wrote, help win over “George Wallace inclined voters.”

Sure enough, Reagan appeared, and declared his support for states’ rights — which everyone took to be a coded declaration of support for segregationist sentiments. "

"More than 40 years have passed since the Voting Rights Act, which Reagan described in 1980 as “humiliating to the South.”

*My addition to point out the pig gingrich and his coded racial attack.

Opinion piece by paul the whack job Krugman:lol::lol:

There is nothing wrong with what you've highlighted, it's the law of the land, as it should be. But those 2 things aren't what I'm talking about. See my last post to rightwinger for more...

What did the "Reagan republicans" actually try to do to help the situation besides delivering empty rhetoric and campaigning on the "welfare queen"??? "Thus, Reagan repeatedly told the bogus story of the Cadillac-driving welfare queen — a gross exaggeration of a minor case of welfare fraud. He never mentioned the woman’s race, but he didn’t have to.

There are many other examples of Reagan’s tacit race-baiting in the historical record. My colleague Bob Herbert described some of these examples in a recent column. Here’s one he didn’t mention: During the 1976 campaign Reagan often talked about how upset workers must be to see an able-bodied man using food stamps at the grocery store. In the South — but not in the North — the food-stamp (see gingrich and co. with "Foodstamp President)* user became a “strapping young buck” buying T-bone steaks.

Now, about the Philadelphia story: in December 1979 the Republican national committeeman from Mississippi wrote a letter urging that the party’s nominee speak at the Neshoba Country Fair, just outside the town where three civil rights workers had been murdered in 1964. It would, he wrote, help win over “George Wallace inclined voters.”

Sure enough, Reagan appeared, and declared his support for states’ rights — which everyone took to be a coded declaration of support for segregationist sentiments. "

"More than 40 years have passed since the Voting Rights Act, which Reagan described in 1980 as “humiliating to the South.”

And yet the poverty rates, teen pregnancy rates, single mother rates, broken family rates, etc. are ALL worse now than when the War on Poverty began.

What does that tell you?

You never answered the question. :) Have those rates gone up for most races, whites included?

No, it's a FACT PIECE.

No, it's a FACT PIECE.

Bullshit... Blacks under Reagan did much better than under some stupid liberal programs. Krugman didn't know Reagan, he's loon look at him, He understands the "codes?" maybe he's hearing voice,s he needs help:cuckoo:

Last edited:

And yet the poverty rates, teen pregnancy rates, single mother rates, broken family rates, etc. are ALL worse now than when the War on Poverty began.

What does that tell you?

You never answered the question. :) Have those rates gone up for most races, whites included?

of course they've went up since Roe v Wade, I guess the abortion boom has made things worst. Roe V wade is failure all the liberal programs are failures...Sad isn't it

No, it's a FACT PIECE.

Bullshit... Blacks under Reagan did much better than under some stupid liberal programs. Krugman didn't know Reagan, he's loon look at him, He understands the "codes?" maybe he's hearing voice,s he needs help:cuckoo:

LOL, so under Reagan there were no "stupid liberal programs"? There was no affirmative action under Reagan? There was no welfare under Reagan? Food stamps?

What does that tell you?

of course they've went up since Roe v Wade, I guess the abortion boom has made things worst. Roe V wade is failure all the liberal programs are failures...Sad isn't it

Roe v Wade was a Supreme Court ruling and not a "liberal program".

In a sweeping and stirring oration on the floor of the House of Representatives, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) proudly recounted the Republican Party’s long history of fighting for black freedom against the Democratic Party’s history of racism and oppression.

Rep. West’s speech offered a timeline of Republican Party victories on behalf of African Americans’ long battle for equality. From the elections of the first black members of Congress (Sen. Hiram Revels (R-MS) and Rep. Joseph Rainey (R-SC)), to the adoption of the 13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 15th Amendment, 1875 Civil Rights Act, 1957 Civil Rights Act, 1964 Civil Rights Act, and of course the Emancipation itself, Rep. West recounted how each victory was the result of the Republican Party’s commitment to freedom for all citizens, regardless of hue.

Rep. West also recounted the victories of GOP luminaries like President Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, President Dwight Eisenhower, and Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Allen West commemorates Black History Month by telling the truth about Republicans and Black history - YouTube

Read More:
» Rep. Allen West Delivers Epic Speech on GOP’s Proud History of Fighting For Black Equality - Big Government

This guy should run for President

No, idiot, they want to give all those people the opportunity to better their lot in life, not secure them in perpetual dependency.

Sure....by eliminating all programs that will help them escape that dependency

50 years of those programs have failed to help them escape dependency, they've actually had the OPPOSITE effect. You can't argue the facts, RW, they're right in front of your face.

oh they'll turn a blinds eye to the poverty most of them live from being Reliant on those Guberment programs... because they figure they will vote Democrat, so what does it matter.

What does that tell you?

You are advocating the government get involved in social engineering now?

What ever happened to smaller government?

What does that tell you?

Don't be so dense, Winger, I am advocating the government GET OUT of the social engineering business. They've fucked it up just like they do everything else they touch.

Yeah, run away from the fact that he was a republican strategist and adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. :lol: SECONDLY; what you claim about what Nixon passed, is the ANTITHESIS to the republicans of today.
I see you've fallen for the left's Big Lie about the GOP.

Really, treating everyone the same regardless of their skin color is not racist. True story.

What "big lie"? I provided quotes from a top GOP strategist (Lee Atwater) and two RNC chairmen, who spoke about the Southern Strategy, two of them apologized for it. They obviously weren't "treating everyone the same regardless of skin color". In fact one of your fellow GOP'ers asserted that the racial hiring quotas aka Affirmative Action was started by the GOP. I hear a lot of GOP folks praising MLKjr, yet they FIGHT and disagree with almost all of his policies. Here's a good read;

Myths of Martin Luther King by Marcus Epstein
The big lie that the GOP is racist.

Are there racist Republicans? Sure. But treating people based on race is not a GOP party platform plank.

Are there racist Democrats? Sure. But treating people based on race IS a Democratic party platform plank.

Haven't read this whole thread and chances are someone has already pointed out the obvious: that West needed a time machine so he could make that boast fifty years ago, when it was true. The GOP does indeed have a proud history of standing up for racial equality: ending slavery, being the main champions of civil rights for decades while Democrats opposed it.

All true. All quite old. All having nothing to do with the Republican Party as it is NOW, anymore than Theodore Roosevelt's trust-busting and advocacy for working people does. It's a different party today.
Another believer in the Big Lie. :clap2:

What does that tell you?

Don't be so dense, Winger, I am advocating the government GET OUT of the social engineering business. They've fucked it up just like they do everything else they touch.

Now now Guy. Liberals championed the single parent household.

It now stand at 50% in the US a clear victory :eusa_whistle:

Now now Guy. Liberals championed the single parent household.

It now stand at 50% in the US a clear victory :eusa_whistle:

Bristol Palin is a Liberal?

Who'd a thunk it?

Single parent households by race - 2010

United States Scale
Non-Hispanic White 24%
Black or African American 66%
American Indian 52%
Asian and Pacific Islander 16%
Hispanic or Latino 41%
Total 34%

This is the catastrophe of government social engineering...

United States Scale
Non-Hispanic White 24%
American Indian 52%
Hispanic or Latino 41%
Total 34%

Could we see a specific program and how it causes people to get pregnant before they marry?

No, it's a FACT PIECE.

No, it is a bullshit spin peice by a proven moron.

Tell me, WHY Krugman asserts that the phrase 'welfare queen' is a coded reference to blacks? He takes it as simply an obvious assumption.

You seem to agree with him on this assertion, why?

Why do you just assume that 'welfare queen' is a black person?

Did you know that the vast majority of people on welfare are WHITE?

Kinda shoots a gaping hole in your ASSumptions, doesnt it?

You sound like the kind of racist who doesnt have the balls to just come on out and say what you think. You can only think these vicious things in your mind, store them in your heart, and then project them onto everyone else like a fucking coward.

Here's an excerpt: "He recalled that in 1976, when Reagan lost the Iowa caucuses, he began talking about a "welfare queen" from Chicago's South Side."

"The South Side has a population of 752,496 that is over 93% African-American and that includes zip codes that are over 98% black or African-American."

Who in the fuck else could he be referring to genius? White people? :lol:

It's easy to "assume' that when for most of your life you heard a bunch of white bigots use that as a disparaging term about black people.

I'm not a racist, I call racists on their bullshit. Nice try at trying to whitewash (pun intended) history and the facts.

United States Scale
Non-Hispanic White 24%
American Indian 52%
Hispanic or Latino 41%
Total 34%

Could we see a specific program and how it causes people to get pregnant before they marry?
Many families start off married, and when they NEED the help they find the requirements to receive food stamps and AFDC will make people have to choose between getting the help or keeping the family together.

Forum List

Back