Allen West Delivers Epic Speech On GOP's Proud History Fighting For Black Equality...

Affirmative Action is unequal treatment based on race.

It's undeniable. Don't even bother trying.

So republicans never supported "affirmative action" programs?
"But in the most far-reaching federal expansion of affirmative action, the "goals and timetables" plan was revived by President Nixon and Labor Secretary George Shultz in 1969. In issuing the so-called "Philadelphia Order," Assistant Secretary Arthur Fletcher said:

Equal employment opportunity in these [construction] trades in the Philadelphia area is still far from a reality. The unions in these trades still have only about 1.6 percent minority group membership and they continue to engage in practices, including the granting of referral priorities to union members and to persons who have work experience under union contracts, which result in few negroes being referred for employment. We find, therefore, that special measures are required to provide equal employment opportunity in these seven trades. (5)

President Nixon later remembered, "A good job is as basic and important a civil right as a good education . . . I felt that the plan Shultz devised, which would require such [affirmative] action by law, was both necessary and right. We would not impose quotas, but would require federal contractors to show affirmative action' to meet the goals of increasing minority employment." (6)

Order No. 4 in 1970 extended the plan to non-construction federal contractors."

"In 1973, President Gerald Ford signed the Rehabilitation Act, of which Section 503 requires affirmative action for individuals with disabilities. In 1974, Ford signed the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act that requires affirmative action for Vietnam Era and special disabled veterans."

"I'm talking about affirmative action. I'm for affirmative action if it is the type of government effort to remove the barriers to people taking part in the type of access to credit, capital, housing, ownership, marriages, jobs and education that are absolutely essential."

Kemp, the Republican
vice presidential nominee, was an early and strong supporter of the federal government's affirmative action program."
So, it looks like the trade unions were racist. :lol:

Meanwhile, in this century, the GOP recognizes that treating people differently based on their race is wrong.

Democrats embrace it.

LOL, that's the only "comeback" to the FACTS that I presented? :lol: Now you're moving the goal posts to "this century"..................................

Affirmative action worked

Republicans wanted to end the game before the other team came on the field

You really are an idiot, RW. AA was expanded by Republicans in 1969 in an effort to 'level the playing field' for minorities. We played a GREAT role in getting the other team ON the field.

It's my opinion that it's job is done, and we can ALL live Dr. King's dream of being judged NOT by the color of our skin, but by the content of our character.

Wrong, as usual.

The idea of treating everyone equally is abhorrent to you, isn't it?

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but blacks can succeed without the help of you white liberals.
You need to educate yourself about Affirmative Action, "the Blacks" aren't the only ones "covered" by Affirmative Action. Why some "folks" want to concentrate on "the Blacks" and Affirmative Action, is a "mystery" to me. :lol:
Yawn. Yet another in a seemingly endless series of "The GOP is all RACIST!!!" flingers of leftist poo.

Where did I say that? Presenting facts showing that the GOP at one time supported Affirmative Action, is saying that "The GOP is all RACIST!!!"? :lol:

You really are an idiot, RW. AA was expanded by Republicans in 1969 in an effort to 'level the playing field' for minorities. We played a GREAT role in getting the other team ON the field.

It's my opinion that it's job is done, and we can ALL live Dr. King's dream of being judged NOT by the color of our skin, but by the content of our character.

What's up with you guys taking a COUPLE of sentences off of ONE speech by MLK Jr. and using that to "define" him to suit your needs? Here educate yourself:

"Myth #1: King wanted only equal rights, not special privileges and would have opposed affirmative action, quotas, reparations, and the other policies pursued by today’s civil rights leadership.

This is probably the most repeated myth about King. Writing on National Review Online, There Heritage Foundation’s Matthew Spalding wrote a piece entitled "Martin Luther King’s Conservative Mind," where he wrote, "An agenda that advocates quotas, counting by race and set-asides takes us away from King's vision."

The problem with this view is that King openly advocated quotas and racial set-asides.
He wrote that the "Negro today is not struggling for some abstract, vague rights, but for concrete improvement in his way of life." When equal opportunity laws failed to achieve this, King looked for other ways. In his book Where Do We Go From Here, he suggested that "A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him, to equip him to compete on a just and equal basis." To do this he expressed support for quotas. In a 1968 Playboy interview, he said, "If a city has a 30% Negro population, then it is logical to assume that Negroes should have at least 30% of the jobs in any particular company, and jobs in all categories rather than only in menial areas." King was more than just talk in this regard. Working through his Operation Breadbasket, King threatened boycotts of businesses that did not hire blacks in proportion to their population.
King was even an early proponent of reparations. In his 1964 book, Why We Can’t Wait, he wrote,
No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries…Yet a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of a the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the government of special, compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law."
Educate yourself more HERE

:)

The problem with this view is that King openly advocated quotas and racial set-asides.He wrote that the "Negro today is not struggling for some abstract, vague rights, but for concrete improvement in his way of life." When equal opportunity laws failed to achieve this, King looked for other ways. In his book Where Do We Go From Here, he suggested that "A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him, to equip him to compete on a just and equal basis." To do this he expressed support for quotas. In a 1968 Playboy interview, he said, "If a city has a 30% Negro population, then it is logical to assume that Negroes should have at least 30% of the jobs in any particular company, and jobs in all categories rather than only in menial areas." King was more than just talk in this regard. Working through his Operation Breadbasket, King threatened boycotts of businesses that did not hire blacks in proportion to their population.
King was even an early proponent of reparations. In his 1964 book, Why We Can’t Wait, he wrote,
No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries…Yet a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of a the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the government of special, compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law."
Educate yourself more HERE

Why do you think consrvatives quote MLK on his anti-racism ideas but ignore his demand for quotas and set-asides?

Could it possibly be because they agree with the first part but disagree with the latter?

I am quite aware of MLKs ethnocentric view of reparations and quotas, and it demeans him that he made such demands.

After more than four decades of quotas, AA and other set-asides, blacks are WORSE off than before.

People need equality and training if you care for them not hand outs.

What parent gives their kids everything they ask for and never trains them to obtain what they want for themselves by their own effort and capabilities?

A lazy ass parent who just doesnt want to be bothered and gives in to get the kids oout of their hair most often, but whatever the case, they do not have their kids best interest at heart when they do that crap.

MLK was sadly wrong on quotas and most older consrvatives know it and I do also.

Affirmative action was a necessary evil

After civil rights legislation was passed the immediate response from racist employers was "you might force me to ride the bus with em, but I just won't hire them"

The government made it clear that if you wanted government contracts or government loans you had to be an equal opportunity employer.....and the fact that you had some black guy sweeping the floor wouldn't cut it

Blacks, Hispanics and yes....women were given access to jobs they never would have dreamed of. Many failed, but many more succeeded to the point where people don't look twice at a female or minority executive

"But in the most far-reaching federal expansion of affirmative action, the "goals and timetables" plan was revived by President Nixon and Labor Secretary George Shultz in 1969. In issuing the so-called "Philadelphia Order," Assistant Secretary Arthur Fletcher said:

Equal employment opportunity in these [construction] trades in the Philadelphia area is still far from a reality. The unions in these trades still have only about 1.6 percent minority group membership and they continue to engage in practices, including the granting of referral priorities to union members and to persons who have work experience under union contracts, which result in few negroes being referred for employment. We find, therefore, that special measures are required to provide equal employment opportunity in these seven trades. (5)

President Nixon later remembered, "A good job is as basic and important a civil right as a good education . . . I felt that the plan Shultz devised, which would require such [affirmative] action by law, was both necessary and right. We would not impose quotas, but would require federal contractors to show affirmative action' to meet the goals of increasing minority employment." (6)

"In 1973, President Gerald Ford signed the Rehabilitation Act, of which Section 503 requires affirmative action for individuals with disabilities. In 1974, Ford signed the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act that requires affirmative action for Vietnam Era and special disabled veterans."

"I'm talking about affirmative action. I'm for affirmative action if it is the type of government effort to remove the barriers to people taking part in the type of access to credit, capital, housing, ownership, marriages, jobs and education that are absolutely essential."

Kemp, the Republican
vice presidential nominee, was an early and strong supporter of the federal government's affirmative action program."

Meanwhile, in this century, the GOP recognizes that treating people differently based on their race is wrong.

Democrats embrace it.

LOL, that's the only "comeback" to the FACTS that I presented? :lol: Now you're moving the goal posts to "this century"..................................

You have made it very clear you support racism to make up for racism.

WHAT A SHIT HEAD.

Wrong, as usual.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but blacks can succeed without the help of you white liberals.
You need to educate yourself about Affirmative Action, "the Blacks" aren't the only ones "covered" by Affirmative Action. Why some "folks" want to concentrate on "the Blacks" and Affirmative Action, is a "mystery" to me. :lol:

Folks like the caveman never gave a shit about discrimination against blacks. It is only when he perceives racism against whites that he gets outraged

Have you seen a mental health professional about your pathological lying?

After civil rights legislation was passed the immediate response from racist employers was "you might force me to ride the bus with em, but I just won't hire them"

The government made it clear that if you wanted government contracts or government loans you had to be an equal opportunity employer.....and the fact that you had some black guy sweeping the floor wouldn't cut it

Blacks, Hispanics and yes....women were given access to jobs they never would have dreamed of. Many failed, but many more succeeded to the point where people don't look twice at a female or minority executive

Thank you, RW, for FINALLY admitting that the time for AA is over, and that the goals have been reached.

I knew you'd come around sooner or later... :clap2::clap2:

Kemp, the Republican

Democrats embrace it.

Isn't that what you retards do when someone brings up the KKK being the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party?

If it weren't for double standards, leftists wouldn't have any standards at all.

The left seems to hate that idea.

Yawn. Yet another in a seemingly endless series of "The GOP is all RACIST!!!" flingers of leftist poo.

Where did I say that? Presenting facts showing that the GOP at one time supported Affirmative Action, is saying that "The GOP is all RACIST!!!"? :lol:
Do you deny you believe it?

That would be an utter waste of keystrokes. And dishonest.

Thank you, RW, for FINALLY admitting that the time for AA is over, and that the goals have been reached.

It is still on the books but much of it is over. When I started working 35 years ago, you had to document and classify all your personnel and personnel decisions. Quotas were big and you had to have reasons for not meeting goals. It is much easier now and primarily focuses on discrimination complaints

Today, AA is more about ensuring affirmative action opportunities are there rather than meeting numbers.

Folks like the caveman never gave a shit about discrimination against blacks. It is only when he perceives racism against whites that he gets outraged

Has he ever said that, or are you being a dishonest fuck - AGAIN?

Read his whiny posts on this thread

While you are at it, show me any post where caveman has ever stood up for the rights of blacks or gays

Last edited:

It is still on the books but much of it is over. When I started working 35 years ago, you had to document and classify all your personnel and personnel decisions. Quotas were big and you had to have reasons for not meeting goals. It is much easier now and primarily focuses on discrimination complaints

Today, AA is more about ensuring affirmative action opportunities are there rather than meeting numbers.

Tell that to the thousands and thousands of highly qualified college aspirants who can't get accepted because they're a couple of shades to light..

Tell that to the thousands and thousands of highly qualified college aspirants who can't get accepted because they're a couple of shades to light..

Yea....still happens.

But still, millions have been accepted where they never would before. Those highly qualified white applicants still get to go to college......always have....always will

It is not just diversity in skin color that they are looking for but diversity in social and economic backgrounds. Top colleges are no longer the sole province of rich white kids with connections

Last edited:

Has he ever said that, or are you being a dishonest fuck - AGAIN?

Read his whiny posts on this thread

While you are at it, show me any post where caveman has ever stood up for the rights of blacks or gays

To be honest

He has stood up for rights for all Americans
which includes all groups. Has he ever excluded them, specifically?

Identity politics is favored by the Left but it does not mean they support them more

For example,
a lot of Democrats support Papa Obama's decision to deny school vouchers to
poor black kids to go to the same private schools as his kids.

Wrong, as usual.

Affirmative action should be income based, not race based. Why should a wealthy black kid have preference over a poor white kid simply because of race?

Forum List

Back