American Who Has Been Living In The UK For The Last 10 Years Shares Things That Are ‘Still Weird As Hell’ (26 Pics).

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Welcome to the land of the weird and the beautiful—the ancient sceptred isles, where people drink their beer by the pints, celebrate mysterious Bank Holidays that occur several times a year, and toss their trash out the first time they see a bin. Bins are holy there and the chance to do so comes very rarely, if ever.

But according to Jessica Rose, an American who’s been living in great Blighty for the past few decades, the list doesn’t end there.

Recently, Jessica listed all the “weird as hell things” Brits do in a thread that amassed 64.8K likes and went viral with people praising how spot-on it is. Let’s get ready for the quaint and quirky ride in the land of Britons.

• Banned
6DCD029B-C89E-4838-A570-243A785026EF.jpeg

42648633-3D17-4E55-9178-3F18AED3A31C.jpeg

When asked what British things Jessica really likes, she said that as an American, she finds the National Health Service “mind-bogglingly amazing.”

She sounds like a smart colonial. I am baffled as to how Americans would buy their beer when in a group. Do people slope off in ones or twos ? That is anti social but would conform to Americas celebration of the individual.

As a side rule to the round you can only tell the buyer to get crisps if you are quite close. It would be considered a bit off to say "get some cheese and onion mate" if he was a passing acquaintance.

I never was much of a fan of the English
Very unattractive looking, too

That’s what they all say.

It’s become a banal cliché.
Sorry man , I do like you !!
I have said far worse about Americans

Like those swamp folk of Louisiana.:p
Most of the nation is just white trash peons and black thugs
It’s not a good nation

I wouldn’t say that.

I wish I was born in a different nation !!
I would have my foreskin back among not worrying about being shot to death everyday

I wish I was born in northern Italy !!
Seem nice when I visited
Nice architecture and history . Zero guns and I assume foreskin

Forum List

Back