Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
July 18-20, 2014
Suppose that for some reason a presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
Who would you be more likely to vote for?

As of today, do you lean more toward…?

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities, please say whether you think it applies or
doesn’t apply to Barack Obama.
(RANDOM ORDER)

Is a strong and decisive leader :
Applies:48%
Does not apply: 52%
No opinion 1%

Can manage the government effectively
Applies:42%
Does not apply:57%
No opinion 1%

Shares your values
Applies:46%
Does not apply:53%
No opinion 1%

A total of 1,012 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/07/27/cnn.orc.poll.pdf

Last edited:
Remember these people most likely that would now have voted for Romney obviously didn't know that Obama favors or that Obama has said these destructive comments about America, Americans, and American businesses:

a) Obama desire to destroy the 1,300 health insurance companies that pay $100 billion a year in taxes employing 400,000....
What Obama said:“I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.” (applause) “I see no reason why ...Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 | Physicians for a National Health Program

b) Obama was OK with any business going bankrupt! NOT a good idea...
So if somebody wants to build a coal-fired plant they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them…”
– Barack Obama speaking to San Francisco Chronicle, January 2008
Power Plant Closures - IER

See if Obama was competent he could have proposed ways to use coal that reduced CO2 but obviously not competent enough to know and even more stupid in making statement "it will bankrupt them"...
WHY would ANY person much less the President want to bankruptcies??

c) Military respect.. Obama has little or no respect for the people that lay down their lives for our country.
He said these words which taken out of context BY THE ENEMY were used to kill American troops!

Obama did when he called our military for 'air raiding villages killing civilians".
This showed either a total disrespect for our military's philosophy and actions OR total ignorance as to the power of words!
Either way total incompetence on display...

ALL before he was elected and totally known by those of us that looked beyond skin color!

Not a dimes difference between the two except that Obummer is more of a sad sack commie asshole than Mr. assault weapons ban, and Romney care. Both are steaming piles of shit.

July 18-20, 2014
Suppose that for some reason a presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities, please say whether you think it applies or
(RANDOM ORDER)

No opinion 1%

No opinion 1%

Shares your values
No opinion 1%

A total of 1,012 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones.

1000 Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama by 9%.

Will you ever manage to leave out the spin? Why does real data scare you so much?

Not a dimes difference between the two except that Obummer is more of a sad sack commie asshole than Mr. assault weapons ban, and Romney care. Both are steaming piles of shit.

When did Romney favor banning assault weapons?

ROMNEY: Yeah, I'm not in favor of new pieces of legislation on guns and taking guns away or making certain guns illegal. We of course don't want to have automatic weapons, and that's already illegal in this country, to have automatic weapons. What I believe is we have to do is to make enormous efforts to enforce the gun laws that we have and to change the culture of violence we have.
Mitt Romney on Gun Control

Also.. Romney care was in a state. NOT a national application which is NOT what Romney favored!
See I have NO problem if a STATE votes for single payer.... that's their right and may work for their small 6.6 million population like MA.
AND Romney never favored Romney care for the national application because HE like most of us know that the states are made up of diverse population and hence only the states know what is better for their people...not some idiot in a cubicle in Washington D.C.!

First you repubs re wrote your history of accomplishment under Bush.

Then you gave us John and Sarah and the failure that was.

Then it was Mittens and Howdy Duty (Paul Ryan IS Howdy Dooty) ANd you all still couldn't win the election.

BUt if ONLY, IF ONLY there could be a Presidential elections TODAY, you all would win.

Sure you would, sure you would. Just like you "won" the last two elections.

Republicans sure live a rich fantasy life.

July 18-20, 2014

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

(RANDOM ORDER)

No opinion 1%

No opinion 1%

Shares your values
No opinion 1%

Will you ever manage to leave out the spin? Why does real data scare you so much?

Where is the spin? I put the total of the sample. Remember Obama lives by poll numbers!
Also why are you asking ME something that Obama seems to do better then anything else??? EXAGGERATE, PUFF, blow out of proportion... FOR example:
1) Why did he include 10 million illegals in his count of 46 million uninsured "AMERICANS"? They are NOT!
2) Why did he include HIS FAILURE to get Medicaid coverage BEFORE ACA for 14 million that were eligible but HE counted them!
3) Why did he include 18 million people that DON"T WANT health insurance even though they can afford it?
By blowing out of proportion the true number of 4 million people wanting and needing insurance he convinced idiots to pass ACA!
7 votes it passed Congress!
HOW many people knew this including Congress that Obama LIED about 46 million uninsured! LIED!

July 18-20, 2014

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

(RANDOM ORDER)

No opinion 1%

No opinion 1%

Shares your values
No opinion 1%

Weird that 48% would say Obama, "Is a strong and decisive leader."

I wonder what they would consider a weak leader?

urkel.jpg

July 18-20, 2014

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

(RANDOM ORDER)

No opinion 1%

No opinion 1%

Shares your values
No opinion 1%

:lol:.... yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight.

July 18-20, 2014

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

(RANDOM ORDER)

No opinion 1%

No opinion 1%

Shares your values
No opinion 1%

Strange how your fundy Christians didn't all vote or him as they were distrustful of his cultist religion

ROMNEY: Yeah, I'm not in favor of new pieces of legislation on guns and taking guns away or making certain guns illegal. We of course don't want to have automatic weapons, and that's already illegal in this country, to have automatic weapons. What I believe is we have to do is to make enormous efforts to enforce the gun laws that we have and to change the culture of violence we have.

Also.. Romney care was in a state. NOT a national application which is NOT what Romney favored!
See I have NO problem if a STATE votes for single payer.... that's their right and may work for their small 6.6 million population like MA.
AND Romney never favored Romney care for the national application because HE like most of us know that the states are made up of diverse population and hence only the states know what is better for their people...not some idiot in a cubicle in Washington D.C.!

He signed what he called "an assault weapons ban" into law in MA. Now, he will deflect by stating that this was a compromise and he brought people together from both sides, but at the end of the day it is what it is, just the same as socialized medicine. Not the mark of a true conservative, and not the mark of any faux conservative I'd ever vote for.

You folks are just voting for the lesser of two evils but the difference is usually quite narrow. In the case of Obama, it's a bit larger so I'll digress a bit because Obama is a true ideologue.

He signed what he called "an assault weapons ban" into law in MA. Now, he will deflect by stating that this was a compromise and he brought people together from both sides, but at the end of the day it is what it is, just the same as socialized medicine. Not the mark of a true conservative, and not the mark of any faux conservative I'd ever vote for.

You folks are just voting for the lesser of two evils but the difference is usually quite narrow. In the case of Obama, it's a bit larger so I'll digress a bit because Obama is a true ideologue.

And it was 3 million idiot conservatives like you that were pissed that a underwear Mormon would be president and that would be worse then a destructive Obama!
Remember Romney was an executive, Governor, business,etc.. ... Obama had NO executive experience. NO knowledge of businesses!
So... what happened in MA stayed in MA... idiots like you put Obama back in office and NOW look at the grand mess you caused!

Give me Romney ANY DAY over Obama should have been your mantra... instead you were afraid of Romney's underwear habit!
HOW totally stupid!

July 18-20, 2014

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

(RANDOM ORDER)

No opinion 1%

No opinion 1%

Shares your values
No opinion 1%

So, what are you objecting to? CNN's poll sample size or that they reported what they found?

Forum List

Back