Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama

Ya, what we really need in the White House is a guy wearing magic underwear. :cuckoo:

there's always 2016, throw Romney back in the ring.... I dare the GOP !

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]

Somehow it appears you mysteriously have missed the opportunity for non-partisan opining in this thread:

I'm certain you cannot wait to demonstrate how you "stick to the numbers when it gave bad news to Democrats," and to prove [MENTION=43316]Shanty[/MENTION] is anything more than your personal ass-licker.

:eusa_whistle:

July 18-20, 2014
Suppose that for some reason a presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
Who would you be more likely to vote for?

As of today, do you lean more toward…?

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities, please say whether you think it applies or
doesn’t apply to Barack Obama.
(RANDOM ORDER)

Is a strong and decisive leader :
Applies:48%
Does not apply: 52%
No opinion 1%

Can manage the government effectively
Applies:42%
Does not apply:57%
No opinion 1%

Shares your values
Applies:46%
Does not apply:53%
No opinion 1%

A total of 1,012 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/07/27/cnn.orc.poll.pdf

1000 Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama by 9%.

Will you ever manage to leave out the spin? Why does real data scare you so much?

So, what are you objecting to? CNN's poll sample size or that they reported what they found?

I suspect it's a little of the first and a lot of the second.

Is this like all those polls you righties cited before the election about how http://www.usmessageboard.com/election-forums/255653-romney-has-it-locked-up.html

Pollsters haven't figured out how to measure the responses of Dead People, a key Democratic voting bloc.

We don't need dead people anymore. At the last meeting, right after sharing what we've done lately to destroy America, we were handed a bunch of fake ID's. I'll be able to vote almost 200 times this November.

Not a dimes difference between the two except that Obummer is more of a sad sack commie asshole than Mr. assault weapons ban, and Romney care. Both are steaming piles of shit.

When did Romney favor banning assault weapons?

ROMNEY: Yeah, I'm not in favor of new pieces of legislation on guns and taking guns away or making certain guns illegal. We of course don't want to have automatic weapons, and that's already illegal in this country, to have automatic weapons. What I believe is we have to do is to make enormous efforts to enforce the gun laws that we have and to change the culture of violence we have.
Mitt Romney on Gun Control

Also.. Romney care was in a state. NOT a national application which is NOT what Romney favored!
See I have NO problem if a STATE votes for single payer.... that's their right and may work for their small 6.6 million population like MA.
AND Romney never favored Romney care for the national application because HE like most of us know that the states are made up of diverse population and hence only the states know what is better for their people...not some idiot in a cubicle in Washington D.C.!

On MA healthcare, the state put it to a vote by it residents. Their legislature did n't ram it down their throats. They agreed to it.

Not a dimes difference between the two except that Obummer is more of a sad sack commie asshole than Mr. assault weapons ban, and Romney care. Both are steaming piles of shit.

ROMNEY: Yeah, I'm not in favor of new pieces of legislation on guns and taking guns away or making certain guns illegal. We of course don't want to have automatic weapons, and that's already illegal in this country, to have automatic weapons. What I believe is we have to do is to make enormous efforts to enforce the gun laws that we have and to change the culture of violence we have.

Also.. Romney care was in a state. NOT a national application which is NOT what Romney favored!
See I have NO problem if a STATE votes for single payer.... that's their right and may work for their small 6.6 million population like MA.
AND Romney never favored Romney care for the national application because HE like most of us know that the states are made up of diverse population and hence only the states know what is better for their people...not some idiot in a cubicle in Washington D.C.!

He signed what he called "an assault weapons ban" into law in MA. Now, he will deflect by stating that this was a compromise and he brought people together from both sides, but at the end of the day it is what it is, just the same as socialized medicine. Not the mark of a true conservative, and not the mark of any faux conservative I'd ever vote for.

You folks are just voting for the lesser of two evils but the difference is usually quite narrow. In the case of Obama, it's a bit larger so I'll digress a bit because Obama is a true ideologue.

You seem to forget that the residents of MA are extremely left leaning. He got a compromise, rather than a total ban, which I bet most would have wanted. Something that has to happen for govt to work, whether we like it or not. For him to be able to get a compromise in such an extreme left state was actually rather remarkable. Unless you prefer a total dictator.

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]

Somehow it appears you mysteriously have missed the opportunity for non-partisan opining in this thread:

I'm certain you cannot wait to demonstrate how you "stick to the numbers when it gave bad news to Democrats," and to prove [MENTION=43316]Shanty[/MENTION] is anything more than your personal ass-licker.

:eusa_whistle:
Obama isn't running for office, dope.

--- because as everybody knows the population of the United States is all diverse, while the population of Massachusetts is all monolithic.

:eusa_hand:

He signed what he called "an assault weapons ban" into law in MA. Now, he will deflect by stating that this was a compromise and he brought people together from both sides, but at the end of the day it is what it is, just the same as socialized medicine. Not the mark of a true conservative, and not the mark of any faux conservative I'd ever vote for.

You folks are just voting for the lesser of two evils but the difference is usually quite narrow. In the case of Obama, it's a bit larger so I'll digress a bit because Obama is a true ideologue.

And it was 3 million idiot conservatives like you that were pissed that a underwear Mormon would be president and that would be worse then a destructive Obama!
Remember Romney was an executive, Governor, business,etc.. ... Obama had NO executive experience. NO knowledge of businesses!
So... what happened in MA stayed in MA... idiots like you put Obama back in office and NOW look at the grand mess you caused!

Give me Romney ANY DAY over Obama should have been your mantra... instead you were afraid of Romney's underwear habit!
HOW totally stupid!

LoL!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

July 18-20, 2014
Suppose that for some reason a presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
Who would you be more likely to vote for?

As of today, do you lean more toward…?

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities, please say whether you think it applies or
doesn’t apply to Barack Obama.
(RANDOM ORDER)

Is a strong and decisive leader :
Applies:48%
Does not apply: 52%
No opinion 1%

Can manage the government effectively
Applies:42%
Does not apply:57%
No opinion 1%

Shares your values
Applies:46%
Does not apply:53%
No opinion 1%

A total of 1,012 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/07/27/cnn.orc.poll.pdf

The poll you are quoting would be irrelevant in the real world - fact of the matter is Republicans would need a much larger margin than that to solidify a victory - Dead people and Illegal Aliens who are not counted on any polls tend to vote Democratic - and as there is no ID required to vote - C'est la vie

Last edited:
The OP failed to note that the same poll also showed that in a Romney-Clinton match, Hillary beats him by double digits.

I'm sure it was just an oversight. Can't think of everything when you're assembling threads on which hand a President wipes his ass with.

First you repubs re wrote your history of accomplishment under Bush.

Then you gave us John and Sarah and the failure that was.

Then it was Mittens and Howdy Duty (Paul Ryan IS Howdy Dooty) ANd you all still couldn't win the election.

BUt if ONLY, IF ONLY there could be a Presidential elections TODAY, you all would win.

Sure you would, sure you would. Just like you "won" the last two elections.

Republicans sure live a rich fantasy life.

"IT'S HOWDY DOODY TIME"

you stupid fuck. :fu:

And it was 3 million idiot conservatives like you that were pissed that a underwear Mormon would be president and that would be worse then a destructive Obama!
Remember Romney was an executive, Governor, business,etc.. ... Obama had NO executive experience. NO knowledge of businesses!
So... what happened in MA stayed in MA... idiots like you put Obama back in office and NOW look at the grand mess you caused!

Thank you Oliver Hardy.

Actually if elected Romney with his total of four years in Boston would have been our 39th most experienced POTUS ever (out of 43). Obama's roughly 12 years in government, twice the experience of George W. Bush, puts him in 18th place on that list. For what that's worth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back