Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama

So, I just read the entire poll:

Clinton is beating the DEM nomination field by pretty much the same margins as in every other national and state poll: by +57, this time over Warren (10), then Biden (8)

The GOP field is extremely tight, as in every other poll I have seen, this time with a statistical 5-way tie.

The Clinton-Romney matchup for 2016 is similar to the CNN/ORC matchup from December 2013.

This one:

Clinton, H 55
Romney 42

Margin: Clinton +13

That one:

2016 CNN Poll: Clinton deadlocked with Christie but leads other GOP presidential possibilities ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Clinton, H 53
Romney 44

Margin: Clinton +9

Margin shift from December 2013 to July 2014: Clinton +4

There is also PPP (D) matchup for Clinton vs. Romney, from March 14, 2014:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2014/PPP_Release_National_314.pdf

Clinton, H 48
Romney 43

Margin: Clinton +5

So, as I already indicated to Samson, the CNN/ORC poll has a pretty decent track record. It nailed the margin in Ohio in 2004 (Bush +2), in 2008 (Obama +5) and in 2012 (Obama +3).

Aside from the re-do stuff, which I find fun but also ridiculous, the poll is pretty standard fare.

OH, and in the Clinton/Romney matchup, look at the female vote:

Clinton, H 62
Romney 36

Margin in the female vote: Clinton +26

(which, btw, was the average of all the Clinton vs. GOP margins in the female vote in the latest round of Florida polls)

So, [MENTION=21821]Samson[/MENTION], any more questions?

That is the data from the poll.

Omitting the data relevant from the OP.

Why?

Because it reflects badly on Obama, and you're a partisan democrat, who simply refuses to admit it.

:eusa_clap:

Being predictable is not necessarily a bad character trait, it's just boring.

Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama
:lol:

According to a very recent poll, they wish they'd elected Hillary Clinton instead of either Obama or Romney.

Which was my choice all along.

CNN Poll: Romney tops Obama but loses to Clinton ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Washington (CNN) - If a rematch of the 2012 presidential election were held today, GOP nominee Mitt Romney would top President Barack Obama in the popular vote, according to a new national survey.

But a CNN/ORC International poll also indicates that if Romney changes his mind and runs again for the White House, Hillary Clinton would best him by double digits in a hypothetical showdown.

"WHAT-DIFFERENCE-DOES-IT-MAKE-DEAD-BROKE-HILLARY? Ms.-RESET??

Although they may be fun to look at, after-the-fact "re-do" polls have no meaning, because there is not going to be a re-do election. There was also a CNN poll in Bush 43's 2nd term that said exactly the same thing about people wanting to have John Kerry, and I found that poll exactly like I found this one: fun to look at, but meaningless.

The have no meaning, because they set up an imaginary setting that is never going to happen. Barack Obama will not be on the ballot for president ever again, he won his second term, fair and square, and that is that.

"Buyer's remorse" polls may be fun for those who want to commiserate, but the only other purpose they could serve could be to alarm the sitting president that there is a lot of dissatisfaction out there..

[MENTION=21821]Samson[/MENTION] - I have no doubt as to the accuracy of the poll. CNN tends to put out pretty solid results. But again, in just so many ways, it is absolutely meaningless. Just like the Bush-Kerry re-do poll from 2006. Any other questions? Perhaps about an election that is actually going to happen, you know, real stuff?

There are plenty of other threads regarding the 2016 election. No need to deflect, just try to keep up with the OP for this one:

Obama is not "alarmed."

Democrats are.

Are you referring to 2014 or 2016?

I would have hoped that my verb tense would not have left room for the question. Did I use the future or present tense of the verb "To Be?"

According to a very recent poll, they wish they'd elected Hillary Clinton instead of either Obama or Romney.

Which was my choice all along.

CNN Poll: Romney tops Obama but loses to Clinton ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Yea, CNN wouldn't make up a poll for their 2016 candidate. :cuckoo:

LOL If you think Romney would beat out Clinton, then, by all means, put him on the ticket. :badgrin:

I'm sure the GOP could persuade him to run again: if anything, he's a major egotist.

“dead broke,”
Over seven frenetic days, Bill Clinton addressed corporate executives in Switzerland and Denmark, an investors’ group in Sweden and a cluster of business and political leaders in Austria. The former president wrapped up his European trip in the triumphant Spanish Hall at Prague Castle, where he shared his thoughts on energy to a Czech business summit.
His pay: $1.4 million.[$200,000 per day, per six hour work day $33,333/hour... not bad for "DEAD BROKE"!

That lucrative week in May 2012 offers a glimpse into the way Clinton has leveraged his global popularity into a personal fortune. Starting just two weeks after exiting the Oval Office, Clinton has delivered hundreds of paid speeches, lifting a family that was “dead broke,” as wife Hillary Rodham Clinton phrased it earlier this month, to a point of such extraordinary wealth that it is now seen as a potential political liability if she runs for president in 2016.
How the Clintons went from ?dead broke? to rich: Bill earned $104.9 million for speeches - The Washington Post

July 18-20, 2014
Suppose that for some reason a presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
Who would you be more likely to vote for?

As of today, do you lean more toward…?

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities, please say whether you think it applies or
doesn’t apply to Barack Obama.
(RANDOM ORDER)

Is a strong and decisive leader :
Applies:48%
Does not apply: 52%
No opinion 1%

Can manage the government effectively
Applies:42%
Does not apply:57%
No opinion 1%

Shares your values
Applies:46%
Does not apply:53%
No opinion 1%

A total of 1,012 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/07/27/cnn.orc.poll.pdf

1000 Americans really wish they had elected Mitt Romney instead of Obama by 9%.

Will you ever manage to leave out the spin? Why does real data scare you so much?

Guess you've never heard of polls before.

Let me define what a poll is:

A poll takes a representative sampling of the electorate and asks them a question and records the results, then draws a conclusion from the result.

Where's the spin?

If he was pro-science, infrastructure and education. Maybe? Obama has helped spark an anti-government movement in this country. So maybe.

That's not Obama.

No shit.

Obama is basically what Reagan was talking about.

What Mathew was talking about is the backlash that Obama is triggering.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of other threads regarding the 2016 election. No need to deflect, just try to keep up with the OP for this one:

Obama is not "alarmed."

Democrats are.

Are you referring to 2014 or 2016?

I would have hoped that my verb tense would not have left room for the question. Did I use the future or present tense of the verb "To Be?"

Oh, so Democrats are nervous for July, 2014. Got it.

July 18-20, 2014
Suppose that for some reason a presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities, please say whether you think it applies or
(RANDOM ORDER)

No opinion 1%

No opinion 1%

Shares your values
No opinion 1%

A total of 1,012 adults were interviewed by telephone nationwide by live interviewers calling both landline and cell phones.

Will you ever manage to leave out the spin? Why does real data scare you so much?

A poll takes a representative sampling of the electorate and asks them a question and records the results, then draws a conclusion from the result.

Where's the spin?

The "spin" doesn't comport with facts.

Romney lost.

And would lose again.

If Romney had been elected, that poll would show Americans wanting Obama back.

Well, that is academic isn't it? We have nothing to go on here but hindsight. And hindsight seems to be trumping your idiotic notion.

BTW- when are you jackass New Yorkers going to lift the ban on hydraulic fracturing?

Everyone in that poll answered the question with nothing to go on about a Romney presidency except pure speculation.

OH, and in the Clinton/Romney matchup, look at the female vote:

Clinton, H 62
Romney 36

l.

Your vagina must be throbbing...

That could only be the case were I female. But since I'm a male, that's pretty much a non-sequitor, but pretty par for the course for your level of writing.

Now, do you have anything relevant to write about the OP itself, or is that too hard for you?

*Non-sequitur

And wrong.

July 18-20, 2014

Obama 44%
Romney 53%
Other (vol.) *
Neither (vol.) 3%

(RANDOM ORDER)

No opinion 1%

No opinion 1%

Shares your values
No opinion 1%

Where's the spin?

Oh, but when all those polls clearly showed Obama winning in 2012, in all the battlegrounds that counted, what was the Conservonut battle-cry, again?

Oh year:

SKEWED POLLS!!!

But your definition of a poll is quite correct. There may be hope for you yet.

:thup:

Your vagina must be throbbing...

That could only be the case were I female. But since I'm a male, that's pretty much a non-sequitor, but pretty par for the course for your level of writing.

Now, do you have anything relevant to write about the OP itself, or is that too hard for you?

*Non-sequitur

And wrong.

Some day you'll make a fine secretary for someone with a whole brain.

Oh, so Democrats are nervous for July, 2014. Got it.

No, not quite.

"During" would be the correct preposition.

Slowly but surely you may still be able to understand the OP.

Actually, "concerning" would also pass to the sentence as well. Or "in". But you got the drift, unless you are completely daft.

Oh, wait. Did you get the drift?

As for the OP, I understand it perfectly. Only, you are an excellent chew-toy. Carry on.

So, you think Democrats are nervous. Ok. I can buy that.

They should be. About 2014, that is.

Mid-terms are rarely gracious to the party in power in the White House, a topic I broached before anyone else, in the middle of January, 2014, more than 6 months ago:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...pared-to-presidential-terms-1855-present.html

I, on the other hand, am not nervous.

Life is good and Ad-shem knows exactly what he is doing.

It's all good in the cosmic hood.

Remember these people most likely that would now have voted for Romney obviously didn't know that Obama favors or that Obama has said these destructive comments about America, Americans, and American businesses:

a) Obama desire to destroy the 1,300 health insurance companies that pay $100 billion a year in taxes employing 400,000....
What Obama said:“I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.” (applause) “I see no reason why ...Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 | Physicians for a National Health Program

b) Obama was OK with any business going bankrupt! NOT a good idea...
So if somebody wants to build a coal-fired plant they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them…”
– Barack Obama speaking to San Francisco Chronicle, January 2008
Power Plant Closures - IER

See if Obama was competent he could have proposed ways to use coal that reduced CO2 but obviously not competent enough to know and even more stupid in making statement "it will bankrupt them"...
WHY would ANY person much less the President want to bankruptcies??

c) Military respect.. Obama has little or no respect for the people that lay down their lives for our country.
He said these words which taken out of context BY THE ENEMY were used to kill American troops!

Obama did when he called our military for 'air raiding villages killing civilians".
This showed either a total disrespect for our military's philosophy and actions OR total ignorance as to the power of words!
Either way total incompetence on display...

ALL before he was elected and totally known by those of us that looked beyond skin color!
His evil intentions were unknown because the liberal media refused to do its job of journalism. They're doing it again by keeping quiet about Elizabeth Warren, who will be the DNC nominee. That woman is left of Obama.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back