America's crumbling infrastructure going to be our nail in the coffin

HandyAndy

Rookie
Aug 4, 2014
With the nations roads, highways, bridges and dams falling apart and not enough money to go around whats a nation to do , this country cant even pay its bills and our nations roads and bridges are in disrepair where's the country going to get the money to fix the infrastructure i seen stories about states and counties not claiming dams and bridges so they don't have to pay for it and the federal government wont touch them so there just crumbling and they cant raise taxes to pay for it because the American people are already broke what make cuts to Education and the police force that wont do any good there already at a bare minimum. This is a financial epidemic that needs to be addressed sooner than later just look at pictures of Detroit Michigan that's where were headed.

Last edited:
You getting your talking points from rdean or something? The Stimulus was meant to spent to build infrastructure. Maybe if Obama hadn't used it to pay back campaign donors and used it as intended, we wouldn't have "crumbling infrastructure".

Oh who am i kidding. Even if he had rebuilt the infrastructure you guys would be claiming it's crumbling.

Well here is my idea:

Get a consistent source of tax revenue for our highways. We haven't raised the gas tax in 20 years. And in the past 20 years, we have developed better cars that use less gas. A sales tax would hurt consumerism which is 2/3rd of our economy. So what's left. Income tax. We must have a certain base amount coming from capital gains and income tax to pay for our roads. Everyone in one way or another uses our infrastructure so having a regressive tax just hurts the economy and our infrastructure.

No I'm getting my talking points from opening my god dam eyes you Obama lover just look around our country is falling apart the county I live in just released a Roads and Highway report card and every road except for like 3 were in poor condition

Well here is my idea:

Get a consistent source of tax revenue for our highways. We haven't raised the gas tax in 20 years. And in the past 20 years, we have developed better cars that use less gas. A sales tax would hurt consumerism which is 2/3rd of our economy. So what's left. Income tax. We must have a certain base amount coming from capital gains and income tax to pay for our roads. Everyone in one way or another uses our infrastructure so having a regressive tax just hurts the economy and our infrastructure.

Why raise the gas tax? Why not just use the tax money already collected by it to what supposedly needs to get done.

No I'm getting my talking points from opening my god dam eyes you Obama lover just look around our country is falling apart the county I live in just released a Roads and Highway report card and every road except for like 3 were in poor condition

Really? Can you cit any roads or highways falling apart?

They had to close a bridge in my town because its falling apart and is unsafe to drive over, in the neighboring city a bridge had a hole crumbling in the middle of the bridge and they couldn't afford to fix it so they put a huge steel plate over it and you can see the bridge get worse every week.

Last edited:
I drive on the roads every week they look like they have been thru a war I feel like im driving in Iraq.

You getting your talking points from rdean or something? The Stimulus was meant to spent to build infrastructure. Maybe if Obama hadn't used it to pay back campaign donors and used it as intended, we wouldn't have "crumbling infrastructure".

Oh who am i kidding. Even if he had rebuilt the infrastructure you guys would be claiming it's crumbling.

Fucking liar.

With the nations roads, highways, bridges and dams falling apart and not enough money to go around whats a nation to do , this country cant even pay its bills and our nations roads and bridges are in disrepair where's the country going to get the money to fix the infrastructure i seen stories about states and counties not claiming dams and bridges so they don't have to pay for it and the federal government wont touch them so there just crumbling and they cant raise taxes to pay for it because the American people are already broke what make cuts to Education and the police force that wont do any good there already at a bare minimum. This is a financial epidemic that needs to be addressed sooner than later just look at pictures of Detroit Michigan that's where were headed.

It's all happening just how Republicans planned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fucking liar.

Right, cause the stimulus went to infrastructure like you guys claimed. That's why we still supposedly have an infrastructure problem.

You can call me a liar all you want, but the fact is the stimulus paid back Obama contributors. The administration didn't even bother hiding that because they know they have people like yourself who will defend them no matter how corrupt they act.

Whose gonna pay for all THIS wrecked shit? :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want roads fixed, talk to your local representatives. You know, the ones who have the budget to fix roads.

Right I think Avatar lives in a gated community in Washington sounds like its coming right from Obamas mouth but the rest of us live in the real world.

Well here is my idea:

Aaaahhhh yes... we just need more taxes.

You libs are such simpletons.

Because the local representatives are no better than the federal SHIT rolls down hill.

Yesterday - Firetruck falls through pavement; person found dead

53e386ed3dc2b.preview-300.jpg

Last edited:

Really? Can you cit any roads or highways falling apart?

At least 16 bridge collapses since 2000 stooge. What the fuck is wrong with your ignorant self? You sit in front of the damn Internet. How can you manage to stay so stupid?

List of bridge failures

Thousands of U.S. bridges vulnerable to collapse - CBS News

These are from the last couple of years.

Mount Vernon, Wash
bridge_collapse_AP524218376598_fullwidth.jpg

The entire span of the Interstate 35W bridge collapsed Wednesday in Minneapolis.
19335353.JPG

Paulsboro, New Jersey
r

The stimulus was meant to help get the economy going. More than 1/3rd were those damn useless Republican tax cuts that do nothing and only add to the deficit.

Again and again we see their ignorant policies do nothing but no good.

By the way, every country on earth helps their nation's economy with a stimulus package when they need to. Only ignorant Republicans in the entire world don't believe it does anything. And when they are in charge, it doesn't. They make sure of it.

Why China may go for a larger stimulus package - Economic Times

Germany approves 50bn stimulus package | World news

Russian Government Approves Economic Stimulus Package | Business | RIA Novosti

Brazil launches $66bn stimulus package | World Finance

--------------

Bam!

Slam!

Wham!

Another Right winger bitch slapped to within and in of their......​

Forum List

Back