America's crumbling infrastructure going to be our nail in the coffin

With the nations roads, highways, bridges and dams falling apart and not enough money to go around whats a nation to do , this country cant even pay its bills and our nations roads and bridges are in disrepair where's the country going to get the money to fix the infrastructure i seen stories about states and counties not claiming dams and bridges so they don't have to pay for it and the federal government wont touch them so there just crumbling and they cant raise taxes to pay for it because the American people are already broke what make cuts to Education and the police force that wont do any good there already at a bare minimum. This is a financial epidemic that needs to be addressed sooner than later just look at pictures of Detroit Michigan that's where were headed.

More proof that the far left is not connected to reality.

The military Industrial complex was responsible for building the infrastructure. The far left has been on a quest to dismantle the military industrial complex as well as all the facilities that were used to build and maintain said infrastructure.

Want to support the infrastructure of America then do not vote far left.

The Obama stimulus did noting to really bolster the infrastructure, it was a money laundering programed designed to line the pockets of big name donors and hopefully that money would funnel it's way into the DNC coffers.

Only 16 bridges in 14 years? Not bad.

You act like there are thousands.

Wait a second. You think 16 bridges experiencing a massive failure in 14 years is "not bad"????

W

T

F????

Tell that to the parents of the kids who died.

There is something seriously wrong with you bub.

With the nations roads, highways, bridges and dams falling apart and not enough money to go around whats a nation to do , this country cant even pay its bills and our nations roads and bridges are in disrepair where's the country going to get the money to fix the infrastructure i seen stories about states and counties not claiming dams and bridges so they don't have to pay for it and the federal government wont touch them so there just crumbling and they cant raise taxes to pay for it because the American people are already broke what make cuts to Education and the police force that wont do any good there already at a bare minimum. This is a financial epidemic that needs to be addressed sooner than later just look at pictures of Detroit Michigan that's where were headed.

More proof that the far left is not connected to reality.

The military Industrial complex was responsible for building the infrastructure. The far left has been on a quest to dismantle the military industrial complex as well as all the facilities that were used to build and maintain said infrastructure.

Want to support the infrastructure of America then do not vote far left.

The Obama stimulus did noting to really bolster the infrastructure, it was a money laundering programed designed to line the pockets of big name donors and hopefully that money would funnel it's way into the DNC coffers.

They've all gone Teanuts. What else can it be?

Obama criticizes Republicans who opposed stimulus, then claim credit for projects it funded | PolitiFact

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif

The tards hate real facts.

Right I think Avatar lives in a gated community in Washington sounds like its coming right from Obamas mouth but the rest of us live in the real world.

All I see around my area is new roads being built or updated, so evidently your State lacks the ability to budget properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right I think Avatar lives in a gated community in Washington sounds like its coming right from Obamas mouth but the rest of us live in the real world.

The roads are fine here in Texas. Do you happen to live in a blue state?

OK Avatar, coming from the person who thinks that bridges collapsing in our country is a good thing and not a big deal.

You getting your talking points from rdean or something? The Stimulus was meant to spent to build infrastructure. Maybe if Obama hadn't used it to pay back campaign donors and used it as intended, we wouldn't have "crumbling infrastructure".

Oh who am i kidding. Even if he had rebuilt the infrastructure you guys would be claiming it's crumbling.

Indeed. 680 BILLION (notice I wrote BILLIONS - nearly three quarters of a TRILLION dollars) were spent on Infrastructure and "shovel ready" projects. THEN, Obama comes back 4 years later and says "We need to pay for our infrastructure".

Me? I say that not one more penny should be spent on this nonsense until we find out where the 680 BILLION dollars that we forked over went.

Wasn't that going to be the primary focus of "Plugs" Biden? Was it not his job to keep the American people informed as to what our tax dollars were being used for!?!?!?

*POOF* and the money is gone - with little or no accountability. Que the nazi liberals with their charts - Here's MY chart: Been on a highway lately? Seen the bridges that are falling apart? Destroyed a wheel in a pot hole? THOSE are MY charts.

It looks like the Stimulus kept spending roads at a high level during the recession. Road tax revenue from gasoline, diesel & real-estate fell way down in the recession, but spending was maintained at a high level.

fredgraph.png

recent-us-oil-consumption.png

NH-Transfer-Tax-Revenue-Rose-and-Fell-Sharply.png

And right on que - they come. Again. BULLSHIT. Where did the money go? If you truly believe that it went for infrastructure, then there's nothing I can do for you...

stimulussigns_zps12514755.jpg

I remember signs like this up in Montana - they put them up and they stayed - without one shovel of dirt EVER being turned- for nearly 9 months before being taken down with nothing ever having happened....

Indeed. 680 BILLION (notice I wrote BILLIONS - nearly three quarters of a TRILLION dollars) were spent on Infrastructure and "shovel ready" projects. THEN, Obama comes back 4 years later and says "We need to pay for our infrastructure".

Me? I say that not one more penny should be spent on this nonsense until we find out where the 680 BILLION dollars that we forked over went.

Wasn't that going to be the primary focus of "Plugs" Biden? Was it not his job to keep the American people informed as to what our tax dollars were being used for!?!?!?

*POOF* and the money is gone - with little or no accountability. Que the nazi liberals with their charts - Here's MY chart: Been on a highway lately? Seen the bridges that are falling apart? Destroyed a wheel in a pot hole? THOSE are MY charts.

It looks like the Stimulus kept spending roads at a high level during the recession. Road tax revenue from gasoline, diesel & real-estate fell way down in the recession, but spending was maintained at a high level.

fredgraph.png

And right on que - they come. Again. BULLSHIT. Where did the money go? If you truly believe that it went for infrastructure, then there's nothing I can do for you...

The stimulus helped infrastructure, although less than 15% of the stimulus went for infrastructure.

Investmentbubble.jpg

Last edited:

fredgraph.png

The stimulus helped infrastructure, although less than 15% of the stimulus went for infrastructure.

Investmentbubble.jpg

So basically, you're telling me that 111 Billion of the 860 BILLION went for infrastructure. I STILL call BS on that one.

And now the VAST MAJORITY of the 860 BILLION dollars went for bullshit "programs" like "helping the vulnerable" Who, EXACTLY might that be? Illegals? Sure as hell didn't go to old folks or Veterans - so again - who are these "vulnerable" folks that were helped?

More BS from the most "transparent administration" in history. Just as I suspected.

Last edited:

I remember signs like this up in Montana - they put them up and they stayed - without one shovel of dirt EVER being turned- for nearly 9 months before being taken down with nothing ever having happened....

Lol. They were all over missoula.

Lol. They were all over missoula.

I know they were.....and tell the fine folks on this board what exactly ever became of those "signs".

Exactly as you said. They were taken down. No work done.

Investmentbubble.jpg

So basically, you're telling me that 111 Billion of the 860 BILLION went for infrastructure. I STILL call BS on that one.

And now the VAST MAJORITY of the 860 BILLION dollars went for bullshit "programs" like "helping the vulnerable" Who, EXACTLY might that be? Illegals? Sure as hell didn't go to old folks or Veterans - so again - who are these "vulnerable" folks that were helped?

More BS from the most "transparent administration" in history. Just as I suspected.

From the beginning of 2009 over $55 billion went from the federal general revenue into the federal highway fund to cover the gas tax shortfall. That is why spending on roads didn't nosedive the same as the lower gas/diesel/property tax revenues. Smartest money ever spent taking advantage of cheap excess labor from recession to rebuild roads while lowering unemployment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back