America's youngest voters turn right

DonGlock26

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2024
America's youngest voters turn right

A new trend has emerged in American politics: The very youngest voters — 18-to-24-year-olds — say they're more conservative than the cohort that's just older, according to the latest Harvard Youth Poll.
Why it matters: This new trend — which is true for both genders and emerged only in the last few years — is especially pronounced with men.

• The younger generation of men is more likely to identify as conservative than as liberal, a stunning flip.
Zoom in: It's rare for a group of Americans that young to be more conservative than their immediate predecessors.

• 26% of men ages 18-24 say they identify as conservative — five points higher than 25-to-29-year-old men.
  • Among women, the younger group is more conservative by three points.
  • Moderates make up the biggest chunk of both men and women young voters.

They can see that the Left only offers more chaos. If the Left remains in power, they will have no chance of buying their own homes.
Almost four years of Bidenomics has been a harsh, but rather effective educator.

Welcome to the forum.

The only young people who support the Left’s “equity” nonsense are those who are lacking in motivation and discipline to EARN their way in the world, or the sons and daughters of affluence who will be given houses to them as wedding presents from Daddy.

Everyone else knows that when you try to “equitize” those who didn’t earn it by giving them free stuff, you not only drive prices up on those who ARE willing to work for it, but you disincentivize the most capable and motivated. Why bust your butt when others who don’t will be given what you worked so hard for?

Take the example of houses, for example. People who do not have the wherewithal - be it earning power or discipline - to save for a downpayment have no business owning a home. So when you give people $25,000 for a down payment (taken from other people, of course), two things hapoen:

1) You have a whole lot of people without the ability to undertake the costs of home ownership in a house in which they have no equity.

2) Young adults who WOULD otherwise save for a downpayment are disincentivized from doing so. Why save when you could spend that money on bars, dining out, buying new clothes, etc., when you will just be given the money?

They can see that the Left only offers more chaos. If the Left remains in power, they will have no chance of buying their own homes.
Almost four years of Bidenomics has been a harsh, but rather effective educator.
26% of men ages 18-24 say they identify as conservative

So, only 26 percent of men in that age group identify as conservative. Much lower for women

I say register more voters in that age group

One other examole:

In the very liberal area where my elderly mother lives, she is in a decent - but far from fancy - senior living facility. It’s fine, but the kitchens are outdated, and it costs a fortune. Thankfully, my father, may he RIP, saved for their old age so they could live comfortably, have their needs taken care of, and not be a burden to others.

Across the street, a new subsidized senior living facility opened up, complete with all the extras - from an indoor pool to a movie theater. The kitchens are all granite and stainless steel. And the monthly rate is LESS THAN HALF of what my mother pays.

Mom’s remaining assets (half gone now) are too much for her to live there. IF she runs through it all, THEN she can move into the fancy place with the poor people. Until then, she has to live in the lesser place with the middle and upper-middle class.

So I ask: why save for old age when those with little money get to live BETTER than those who saved for 40 years?

Are you really so stupid you don't realize they're showing up for Kamala? Delusional.

26% of men ages 18-24 say they identify as conservative

So, only 26 percent of men in that age group identify as conservative. Much lower for women

I say register more voters in that age group
Kamala said people in that age group are stupid. Maybe they can’t figure out how to register.

500% increase the day after Swift endorsed Kamala. Unheard of.

Over 35,000 voters. I'm sure the number is bigger now. The Taylor Swift effect. Remember this when you're butt hurt and storming he Capitol Jan 6 2025.

And don't forget all the women who are showing up to vote for pro choice. Trump brags about banning abortion??? LOL

A surge of Black women and young people registering to vote in Pennsylvania spells trouble for Trump​

‘This data is suggesting that women, younger voters, voters of color, and then especially younger women of color are going to vote at a much higher rate than they did in 2020,’ one strategist says, predicting that it could have ‘a significant potential impact on the outcome of this election’

Yes he said at the Kamala debate he was very proud of what he did. He appointed the 3 new S
ies. But he told Republicans they got to be careful with this issue.

Trump was participating in a Fox News town hall in Des Moines, Iowa, at the same time Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley, the former South Carolina governor and ex-U.S. U.N. Ambassador, were holding the last Republican debate before Monday's Iowa caucuses.

When asked by an abortion rights opponent at the town hall to clarify his position and reassure her that he wants to "protect all life without compromise," Trump replied, "Nobody has done more in that regard. (But) I happen to be for the exceptions like Ronald Reagan, with the life of the mother, rape, incest. I just have to be there, I feel."

The former president went on to tell Republicans that they have to find a consensus on the issue in order to "win elections."

Otherwise you are going to be back where you were and you can't let that ever happen again," Trump said.

Trump conceded that most women don't recognize they are pregnant after six weeks of pregnancy, the time limit at which some GOP-controlled states have sought to ban the procedure, and blamed DeSantis' position on the issue for his low poll numbers. DeSantis signed a bill into law in April with the six-week ban.

Eventually, Federal Republicans will ban abortion federally if they ever control all three houses and the white house.

And this is a reason no one should ever vote for Republicans on a state level. Not governors, not senate, house members. NEVER until abortion is taken off the table.

500% increase the day after Swift endorsed Kamala. Unheard of.

Over 35,000 voters. I'm sure the number is bigger now. The Taylor Swift effect. Remember this when you're butt hurt and storming he Capitol Jan 6 2025.

And don't forget all the women who are showing up to vote for pro choice. Trump brags about banning abortion??? LOL

A surge of Black women and young people registering to vote in Pennsylvania spells trouble for Trump​

‘This data is suggesting that women, younger voters, voters of color, and then especially younger women of color are going to vote at a much higher rate than they did in 2020,’ one strategist says, predicting that it could have ‘a significant potential impact on the outcome of this election’​

So you’re saying young people registered to vote because Taylor Swift endorsed Kamala?

Wow. She was right about them being stupid.

Yes he said at the Kamala debate he was very proud of what he did. He appointed the 3 new S

Trump was participating in a Fox News town hall in Des Moines, Iowa, at the same time Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley, the former South Carolina governor and ex-U.S. U.N. Ambassador, were holding the last Republican debate before Monday's Iowa caucuses.

When asked by an abortion rights opponent at the town hall to clarify his position and reassure her that he wants to "protect all life without compromise," Trump replied, "Nobody has done more in that regard. (But) I happen to be for the exceptions like Ronald Reagan, with the life of the mother, rape, incest. I just have to be there, I feel."

The former president went on to tell Republicans that they have to find a consensus on the issue in order to "win elections."

Otherwise you are going to be back where you were and you can't let that ever happen again," Trump said.

Trump conceded that most women don't recognize they are pregnant after six weeks of pregnancy, the time limit at which some GOP-controlled states have sought to ban the procedure, and blamed DeSantis' position on the issue for his low poll numbers. DeSantis signed a bill into law in April with the six-week ban.

Eventually, Federal Republicans will ban abortion federally if they ever control all three houses and the white house.

And this is a reason no one should ever vote for Republicans on a state level. Not governors, not senate, house members. NEVER until abortion is taken off the table.
Still on the scare tactics, I see.

No, Republicans will not ban abortion. That is because they believe in the Constitution, and it is a matter for the states.

I've noticed that most of the leftists start their posts with a verbal attack. I take it as a sign of desperation and fear of a Trump victory.
Yes, you’ll soon learn their pattern.

When the leftists can’t refute a point, they default to a nasty personal attack.

I don't see a Trump ban on abortion.

I don't see a Trump ban on abortion.
Liar. Project 2025. Have you read it?

Trump denies it too. But we've already heard Republicans have gotten together and told each other to tone down the rhetoric on abortion because it's going to cost them the election. AFTER the election will be different.

Trump denies it too. But we've already heard Republicans have gotten together and told each other to tone down the rhetoric on abortion because it's going to cost them the election. AFTER the election will be different.

That's a right wing think tank. It is not Trump.

:lol:

You stupid fuckers can't do simple math can you?

I can see it where I live. There is an increasing number of young Republicans.

That’s not his project. Still on the scare tactics.

Do you libs have ANYTHING to run on other than lies to scare people away from Trump?

Forum List

Back