An Inquisitive Couple's Visit To Newtown, Connecticut...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
My partner and I became fed up with the mainstream media’s depiction of what took place in Newtown, Connecticut on December 14, 2012. So on January 20 we traveled there from our home in Ottawa Canada in an effort to visit the sites and respectfully approach the locals.

Before we even got off the highway there was a display of dozens of American flags on the shoulder. There is a large tented memorial located just off the freeway. The tent had a sign on the outside, “Sandy Hook Memorial Never Forgotten.” Inside the tent was a chaplain who asked that I not take any photos. There were hundreds of stuffed animals and candles as well as children’s art from around the country–if not the world. Inside was also a donation jar that was at mid-afternoon close to full of money. We signed one of the boards with condolences from Canada. I saw adults and children inside the tent on the two visits we made. No one was there who was impacted directly. I asked the chaplain if she had seen any children whom had been impacted. She did not answer.

We spent January 21 in Newtown visiting the Sandy Hook School and Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire House, Gene Rosen’s residence, the 100 Church Hill Restaurant (and pub), the Newtown Bee offices, as well as the Newtown Police Department. We found that the school can not be seen from the front when coming down Riverside Road which is the only access to the school passing the fire house. This may explain why there was no “media” photos of the broken / shot out glass at the front.

Dickenson Road was closed with layers of orange cones and numerous “No Trespassing” signs. The entire school is now enclosed with fencing, barbed wire, no trespass and surveillance signage.

The side door and other windows were not boarded up. No cameras could be seen at the front door or anywhere on the property.

Gene Rosen lives next door to the fire house. Thus Ms. Victoria Soto’s students that landed on Mr. Rosen’s yard had to come down Dickenson Drive and turn right, passing the fire house, to get to Mr. Rosen’s. A lady at the Rosen house would not answer the door when I knocked.

We then went to the offices of The Newtown Bee, the community’s weekly newspaper, where we spoke with the editor, Mr. Curtis Clark. Mr. Clark did not offer a warm reception and stated from the start that they were concentrating the paper’s efforts on healing efforts and that he had little time. I told him I was there to follow up on The Bee’s report that stated, in part, “A man with a gun who was spotted in the woods near the school on the day of the incident was an off-duty tactical squad police officer from another town, according to the source.” I asked who this officer was, and why he was in the woods.

Mr. Clark told me that there was a number of “conspiracy theories floating around” and “some of them even suggest that the shooting didn’t even happen.” Furthermore, “Snopes.com debunks many of these conspiracy theories.”

I told Clark I was familiar with Snopes, but it was The Bee that reported that this was an off duty officer prancing about in the woods on the day of the shooting. Clark would not address this report and became very agitated with me “interrogating” him. “I don’t intend to discuss this any further with you,” he said...

Read More:
An Inquisitive Couple?s Visit to Newtown, Connecticut « Memory Hole

Last edited:
Stuff like this is no better than the left using dead children to force an agenda on us.

Ordinary people asking questions, is "using dead children?" Man, what's your alternative? Just shut up and swallow any Government/Media Bullshit they decide to feed us? Well sorry, we don't have to shut up and accept Bullshit. We have the right to ask questions. That may upset some, but that's what a free society is all about. You'll just have to deal with it.

Last edited:
Stuff like this is no better than the left using dead children to force an agenda on us.

Ordinary people asking questions, is "using dead children?" Man, what's your alternative? Just shut up and swallow any Government/Media Bullshit they decide to feed us? Well sorry, we don't have to shut up and accept Bullshit. We have the right to ask questions. That may upset some, but that's what a free society is all about. You'll just have to deal with that.

You already had one conspiracy thread on this subject. Why create another one?

The kids were shot up by a lunatic. End of story

Ordinary people asking questions, is "using dead children?" Man, what's your alternative? Just shut up and swallow any Government/Media Bullshit they decide to feed us? Well sorry, we don't have to shut up and accept Bullshit. We have the right to ask questions. That may upset some, but that's what a free society is all about. You'll just have to deal with that.

So just shut up and accept the Government/Media Complex's story? Why? We have the right to question their story. That's actually what all Americans should be doing. Questioning Government/Media Bullshit is not "using dead children." Some are doing that, but many others are just asking questions.

Sometimes it's uncomfortable asking questions, but they still need to be asked. It's what Freedom & Liberty is all about. We should never just shut up and go along. That's not what America is about. But i guess you and I just see things very differently. And that's cool. But i'm gonna continue always questioning Government/Media Bullshit.

Last edited:
What are you trying to question? A man shot and killed a bunch of kids. What's left to challenge?

I like you Paul but these threads are silly. If anything deserves our attention its the families of those children and how we address mental illness.

Everything else including gun control is a waste of time and energy.

So just shut up and accept the Government/Media Complex's story? Why? We have the right to question their story. That's actually what all Americans should be doing. Questioning Government/Media Bullshit is not "using dead children." Some are doing that, but many others are just asking questions.

Sometimes it's uncomfortable asking questions, but they still need to be asked. It's what Freedom & Liberty is all about. We should never just shut up and go along. That's not what America is about. But i guess you and I just see things very differently. And that's cool. But i'm gonna continue always questioning Government/Media Bullshit.

What did you walk away with from this experience. That you didn't already know, or weren't already "fed"?

I hate to point out the obvious, but sometimes things really do happen just the way it's reported. Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.

But i guess you and I just see things very differently. And that's cool. But i'm gonna continue always questioning Government/Media Bullshit.
Okay, so what is your conclusion?

You've regurgitated yet another conspiracy type article on here, and engaged in your standard rhetoric consisting of entirely predictable references to mass media, government and the poor sheeple who aren't so enlighted as to spend their days believing everything they read on inforwars type websites, but what have you got?

You started the thread, tell us your opinion. Are you now convinced there was no shooter? Present your argument.

What are you trying to question? A man shot and killed a bunch of kids. What's left to challenge?

I like you Paul but these threads are silly. If anything deserves our attention its the families of those children and how we address mental illness.

Everything else including gun control is a waste of time and energy.

Finding truth is never a waste of time. And unfortunately, it's unlikely you'll get truth from the Government/Media Complex. People should be asking questions. It's the right thing to do.

What I get from this? That the people of Newtown are sick of the Looky Loos. And I don't blame them.

What they're sick of, is irrelevant. Seeking truth is usually very difficult. Tough questions have to be asked. And unfortunately, our Mainstream Media no longer asks those questions. They merely regurgitate Government-fed Propaganda. They no longer conduct credible independent investigations. So now it's up to ordinary Citizens to do the investigating. That's just the way it is.

What I get from this? That the people of Newtown are sick of the Looky Loos. And I don't blame them.

I must admit it seems pretty disrespectful to go snooping around and knocking on people's doors there.

No, that's actually what our Media used to do. But we no longer have a credible independent Media in this country. So now it's up to the People to investigate and find truth. It's anything but "disrespectful."

how nice that fools pump these stupid stories that end up harming the victims of horrific crimes

how nice that fools pump these stupid stories that end up harming the victims of horrific crimes

Finding truth is not harming the victims of horrific crimes. Staying quiet and being complicit in Government/Media lies is though.

Forum List

Back