An officer and a Muslim Zionist

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
There are others like him in the IDF.

Muslim IDF officer: “From the age of zero I was told that Israel stole Palestine from us, but when I was 14 I woke up.”
Posted on July 13, 2014 by ADMIN4 Comments 8 Votes

An officer and a Muslim Zionist

“From the age of zero I was told that Israel stole Palestine from us, but when I was 14 I woke up. I discovered that Jews are not bad,” says Ala Wahib, an operations officer at a key IDF training base, and the highest-ranked Muslim officers in the Israeli army.

Michal Yaakov Yitzhaki, Israel Hayom

Maj. Ala Wahib in the field.

“I am the operations officer at the IDF ground forces training base at Tze’elim,” Ala Wahib says at the start of our conversation, his eyes twinkling with excitement. “I am like the mother and father of that place,” he adds. “The only thing is that I don’t really have anyone to share it with, so I make sure to pat myself on the back every now and again, and say ‘dude, you’re awesome. Look how far you’ve come.’”

The truth is that he deserves these accolades. It is not every day that a Muslim Arab, hailing from a village whose residents largely do not recognize Israel’s right to exist, comes to serve in the Israel Defense Forces. And he doesn’t only serve: Major Wahib, 32, is currently the highest ranking Muslim officer in the IDF. He is enormously patriotic, a true Zionist. Precisely the kind of person we like to see lighting the torches during the national Independence Day ceremony every year.

Continue reading at:

Muslim IDF officer: ?From the age of zero I was told that Israel stole Palestine from us, but when I was 14 I woke up.? | The Muslim Issue

Forum List

Back