An unknown, to me, story teller

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
John Stonehouse

I just finished An American Outlaw- it hits close to home, for me, since it takes place in far west Texas- I call Pecos home.

The professional? critics review-

One Law. Two men either side of it. The war's come home. The war's deadly.

John Whicher is a US Marshal, a criminal investigator in today's American southwest.

'Fans of John Sandford will love this modern Western series that's as thoughtful as it is action-packed.' (Bookbub)

BOOK #1 in the bestselling WHICHER SERIES ★★★★★ "Spellbinding..." forensicoutreach.com

Gilman James comes home from Iraq - the last of three childhood friends to return. His brothers-in-arms are mere shadows of their former selves - Gil, unmarked, determines to take care of them. But how far should a man go for the people he loves?

Stepping across the line between right and wrong, Gil finds himself stranded in the Texan desert--as a bank heist he's planned goes horribly wrong. Pursued into the badlands by US Marshal John Whicher, a moment of violent reckoning is set in train.

What makes an outlaw? Marshal John Whicher thinks he knows. But can natural justice ever outrank the law?

It's different in its presentation as the dialogue is very clipped and not even close to prosaic, or even eloquent and it switches back and forth between the characters which offers little in the way of flowing dialogue- but, it is a good story- all 399 pages-

John Stonehouse

I just finished An American Outlaw- it hits close to home, for me, since it takes place in far west Texas- I call Pecos home.

John Whicher is a US Marshal, a criminal investigator in today's American southwest.

'Fans of John Sandford will love this modern Western series that's as thoughtful as it is action-packed.' (Bookbub)

BOOK #1 in the bestselling WHICHER SERIES ★★★★★ "Spellbinding..." forensicoutreach.com

Gilman James comes home from Iraq - the last of three childhood friends to return. His brothers-in-arms are mere shadows of their former selves - Gil, unmarked, determines to take care of them. But how far should a man go for the people he loves?

Stepping across the line between right and wrong, Gil finds himself stranded in the Texan desert--as a bank heist he's planned goes horribly wrong. Pursued into the badlands by US Marshal John Whicher, a moment of violent reckoning is set in train.

What makes an outlaw? Marshal John Whicher thinks he knows. But can natural justice ever outrank the law?

It's different in its presentation as the dialogue is very clipped and not even close to prosaic, or even eloquent and it switches back and forth between the characters which offers little in the way of flowing dialogue- but, it is a good story- all 399 pages-
Have you read any other John Stonehouse books? I just downloaded this one and it looks good.

• Banned
John Stonehouse

Have you read any other John Stonehouse books? I just downloaded this one and it looks good.
No sir. That was my first one-

Forum List

Back