And they say Trump is 'different'

Listen you idiots. What Trump usually says, however bombastic, is what people shout at theri TVs.

Trump actually talks to people in his way as they are people and not a media spun and holstered device.

If we're paying attention, I'm not the idiot here.

Trup doesn't like crypto because he says its value is highly volatile and based on thin air.

So, Mr. Smart Guy, what's the value of the dollar based on, then? What's the unit of account for just one of them? Trump says it's stronger than ever and desnlt want any competition toward it.

We're trying to better understand his logic. You see?

Will you help us to better understand it?

Trup doesn't like crypto because he says its value is highly volatile and based on thin air.

View attachment 498381

About 37% lower than one month ago......yeah, that's volatile.
So where is the graph showing the dollar in comparison?

Also note that not all cryptocurrency is Bitcoin.

So where are those graphs?

Hmm?

Ummm....the same one.

View attachment 498386

Unit of account......on the left.

Knock yourself out......

Toddster, that doesn't tell us the unit of account for $1

Do you even know what a store of value means?

I thought you were supposed to work in the financial industry.

All you're doing is beating around the bush. You;re hiding from the question.

Come on, man. Defend your guy here.

There is no graph or chart (at least not a valid one anyway) for the unit of account for a dollar.

And you and I know precisely why that is. Right?
Enlighten us, what does store of value mean?

I can pay $5 US for a bucket of Dos Equis on a beach in Mahahaul, Costa Maya ... However, they don't take Bitcoin.
So the value of the US dollar is at least one ice cold Dos Equis in Costa Maya.

.[/CENTER]

Yeah, but what's your $5 worth?

I've been trying to get the Trump humpers to explain to us a dollar's store of value, an identifiable unit of account, so that we can make some sense of his commentary there in the op, but so far just crickets.

An identifiable unit of account is a standard of value.

Not to be confused with a store of value and a medium of exchange.

So what I'm literally asking here, in order to better understand the former president's logic is for someone to to define the unit of account for $1.

What's the yardstick for measuring its economic value?

Purchasing power may certainly fluctuate, but the definition of a unit itself (in this case $1) should be well defined.

Stil waiting...

Last edited:

Toddster, that doesn't tell us the unit of account for $1. Which you fully know. Heh heh.

All you're doing is beating around the bush. You're hiding from the question.

There is no graph or chart (at least not a valid one anyway) for the unit of account for a dollar.

Toddster, that doesn't tell us the unit of account for $1.

$1 is one dollar.

unit of account. Definition. A basic function of money, providing a unit of measurement for defining, recording, and comparing value. I.e., one dollar signifies not only a one dollar bill, but also a dollar's worth of money in other forms (deposits), of wealth in other forms than money, and of any good or service with a market value.

Tell me where one can find a better unit of account?

If you want to use packs of smokes or shiny metals......go for it.

You can compare it to another currency...or multiple currencies. Good luck!!

Listen you idiots. What Trump usually says, however bombastic, is what people shout at theri TVs.

Trump actually talks to people in his way as they are people and not a media spun and holstered device.

If we're paying attention, I'm not the idiot here.

So, Mr. Smart Guy, what's the value of the dollar based on, then? What's the unit of account for just one of them? Trump says it's stronger than ever and desnlt want any competition toward it.

We're trying to better understand his logic. You see?

Will you help us to better understand it?

View attachment 498381

About 37% lower than one month ago......yeah, that's volatile.

Hmm?

Ummm....the same one.

View attachment 498386

Knock yourself out......

Toddster, that doesn't tell us the unit of account for $1

All you're doing is beating around the bush. You;re hiding from the question.

It means he's gonna whine some more.

$1 is one dollar.

unit of account. Definition. A basic function of money, providing a unit of measurement for defining, recording, and comparing value. I.e., one dollar signifies not only a one dollar bill, but also a dollar's worth of money in other forms (deposits), of wealth in other forms than money, and of any good or service with a market value.

Toddster.

You're still avoiding my question.

Stop doing that, please.

I'm asking you to define the unit of account in a way that tells us what it is worth.

What's the yardstick for measuring its value.

you can't answer that, can you? Heh heh.

But I think we both know why you can't answer it. Right?

So if the government is backing the dollar, what is the government backing the dollar with?
The US has a $20 trillion GDP
One third of the territory in the US is owned by the US Government
View attachment 498383
What assets does Bitcoin have

And like the currency, it's completely mismanaged by government.

Coincidence?

I think not.
The US Dollar is the Gold Standard of currency around the world. It is carefully managed by The Fed to maintain its value.

Show me a better form of currency

The US Dollar is the Gold Standard of currency around the world. It is carefully managed by The Fed to maintain its value.

No, the Fed has destroyed the value of the dollar. Consistently.

$1 is one dollar.

Toddster.

You're still avoiding my question.

Stop doing that, please.

I'm asking you to define the unit of account in a way that tells us what it is worth.

What's the yardstick for measuring its value.

you can't answer that, can you? Heh heh.

But I think we both know why you can't answer it. Right?

Use this......

Unit of account in economics allows a somewhat meaningful interpretation of prices, costs, and profits, so that an entity can monitor its own performance. It allows shareholders to make sense of its past performance and have an idea of its future profitability. The use of money, as a relatively stable unit of measure, can tend to drive market economies toward efficiency.[citation needed]

Historically, prices were often given in a dominant currency used as a unit of account, but transactions actually settled by using a variety of coins that were available, and often goods, all converted into their value in the unit of account. Many international transactions continue to be settled in this way, using a national value (most often expressed in the US dollar or euro) but with the actual settlement in something else.[citation needed]

In historical cost accounting, currencies are assumed to be perfectly stable in real value during non-hyperinflationary conditions under in terms of which the stable measuring unit assumption is applied. The Daily Consumer Price Index (Daily CPI) – or a monetized daily indexed unit of account – can be used to index monetary values on a daily basis when it is required to maintain the purchasing power or real value of monetary values constant during inflation and deflation.

Or don't.

No, the Fed has destroyed the value of the dollar. Consistently.

Prior to the Fed, the Dollar fluctuated wildly.
Still waiting for you to show a better currency

Yeah, but what's your $5 worth?

I've been trying to get the Trump humpers to explain to us a dollar's store of value, an identifiable unit of account, so that we can make some sense of his commentary there in the op, but so far just crickets.

There are 5 beers in that $5 ... And they are stored in that $5 along with the ice, the bucket and the service.
I just hope I stored a Get Out Jail Card in about $150 bucks, if we get stupid and unpack $50 at the beach.

What Former President Trump said just tried to keep the US Dollar on the table and competitive.
I mean screw it, we have been playing with Monopoly Money for a more than a few decades.

I can still step off a bus in Istanbul a spend that Dollar.
That value is stored in faith on the part of the recipient at the point of exchange.
If you want to store your faith in the Bitcoin, it's an option.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back