Any Christian Potterheads Around Here?

Oh boy, here we go again. :sigh2:Okay, let me just post my two reasons why I love Harry Potter and then if anybody else asks me about it I'll go ahead and refer them to it. ;)

1. It's not real.

2. It's nothing like real witchcraft that the Bible is speaking against it.

And a bonus number three;

3. That's not changing so get used to it.

Again, it doesn't matter that it's just a fictional book. Let me give you an example... (having to do with another controversial topic.) If there was a fictional kid's book that glorified homosexuality or promiscuity to kids... would it matter if the book was fictional? Of course that would be no problem for a lot of people. But for parents who are believers and want to raise their kids with a biblical worldview... do you think they would say, "Oh, no problem! It's not real, it's just a story!"

That's totally different, please refer to number three as this isn't a debate thread, this is a place for Christians who are actually fans of Harry Potter. :rolleyes: (Thanks for saying you don't think that I'm evil or Satanic at least.)

Oh, sorry, I will leave then. I know I've posted threads before on certain topics that I didn't want to turn into a debate, so I do respect the wishes of the thread starter. But you probably should've posted it in a different forum, because typically in this forum people talk about these kinds of things and debates (hopefully civil) do happen. But I'm off!
You don't have to go anywhere, hon. This place is to discuss religion..not just for Christians. Noobs don't dictate to established members with common sense and throw temper tantrums. This is why many don't attend church or hang out with people who claim to be what they obviously are not. Imagine Jesus cussing someone out and being so rude to tell someone else to leave his teachings. Wouldn't happen.

You are a 11 year member here. You belong.

Forum List

Back