Any libs or cons on here serve? If so. Thank you. You are more qualified to be President than anyone

... at least since George H.W. Bush. I mentioned it in another thread but figured it deserved it's own thread. Why is not having served in the military a prerequisite for running for President? As far as I'm concerned it should be the most important qualification even if for only two years. Very weird the candidates the media gives us.

A) The media doesn’t give us anything; voters select the candidates and the president. What can change by media input is what the voters find important from one election cycle to another. Eight years ago, experience mattered to you guys…today not so much. Eight years ago, conservative principles mattered to you guys…today not so much. Right wing media has taken the right wing voter and basically turned him inside out. Nothing that mattered back then matters today.

B) The military is to be beholden to a civilian leader. Knowledge of military capabilities, knowledge of military hardware, knowledge of military tactics is great but all of it is subservient to the chess match of international diplomacy.

Stop with your media doesn't give us anything crap. Media is biased as balls. I'm smart enough to see, but I go out of my way. Either you are too dumb to see it or too biased to admit it. Those are the only two options. Fox news is heavily "Republican" and may even be conservative on occasion while every other mainstream media outlet is liberal outside of talk radio. This means network news, the other cable networks,most television shows, most movies, most print media which is now internet media that is easily available without deep research. Drudge report is easily conservative but you have to go to it to find it. Other mediums are thrust into your face. Doesn't faze me one way or the other but it may lesser people who don't know better. I admit I'm conservative on many issues but there's no way I'd vote for Trump today and even less likely I'd vote for Bill Clinton's wife. Why would I? I do realize the disparity in coverage on each candidate when each candidate could be easily covered in a different manner.

On the military beholden thing, I'm not even sure what you mean by it or what point you are trying to make. Makes less sense than your first point. Sorry if I don't understand.

... at least since George H.W. Bush. I mentioned it in another thread but figured it deserved it's own thread. Why is not having served in the military a prerequisite for running for President? As far as I'm concerned it should be the most important qualification even if for only two years. Very weird the candidates the media gives us.

A) The media doesn’t give us anything; voters select the candidates and the president. What can change by media input is what the voters find important from one election cycle to another. Eight years ago, experience mattered to you guys…today not so much. Eight years ago, conservative principles mattered to you guys…today not so much. Right wing media has taken the right wing voter and basically turned him inside out. Nothing that mattered back then matters today.

B) The military is to be beholden to a civilian leader. Knowledge of military capabilities, knowledge of military hardware, knowledge of military tactics is great but all of it is subservient to the chess match of international diplomacy.

Stop with your media doesn't give us anything crap. Media is biased as balls. I'm smart enough to see, but I go out of my way. Either you are too dumb to see it or too biased to admit it. Those are the only two options. Fox news is heavily "Republican" and may even be conservative on occasion while every other mainstream media outlet is liberal outside of talk radio. This means network news, the other cable networks,most television shows, most movies, most print media which is now internet media that is easily available without deep research. Drudge report is easily conservative but you have to go to it to find it. Other mediums are thrust into your face. Doesn't faze me one way or the other but it may lesser people who don't know better. I admit I'm conservative on many issues but there's no way I'd vote for Trump today and even less likely I'd vote for Bill Clinton's wife. Why would I? I do realize the disparity in coverage on each candidate when each candidate could be easily covered in a different manner.

On the military beholden thing, I'm not even sure what you mean by it or what point you are trying to make. Makes less sense than your first point. Sorry if I don't understand.

And you refer to others as “lesser people”…. Trust me; you’re lesser people.

Is the media biased? Humans are biased. There has never been a human who wasn’t biased in some way, shape or form. So biases creep into the media the same way they creep into everything else. Anyone who thinks they are completely not prejudice is simply trying to fool you or they have succeed in fooling themselves.

Does the media “pick a candidate” for us? No. Voters pick the candidates. A bunch of right wing idiots picked Drumpf because he was funny and a breath of fresh air. Nobody picked him for you outside of voters in early states. Again, what is malleable is what matters to people and the media can influence that a great deal. You guys were all for experienced candidates 8 years ago. What happened? Now experience and establishment ties are a “bad thing” according to right wing media. Conservative values were important 8 years ago. Now, the only value that matters is apparently having an R next to the name Trump. Everyone else is a RINO or liberal.

If the media did pick the candidate, Trump would have a 40 point lead. Needless to say that he and his antics are much more interesting to Joe Six Pack than a Clinton presidency would be. Media and magazines would sell in greater numbers than ever. Instead, Clinton is all but guaranteed a victory due to the moronic statements and fights Trump picks on almost a daily basis.

Malarkey, period.

Well the short answer is the Constitution...but military service was assumed until Bill Clinton....I think private sector non law jobs should be one as well.

Is the media biased? Humans are biased. There has never been a human who wasn’t biased in some way, shape or form. So biases creep into the media the same way they creep into everything else. Anyone who thinks they are completely not prejudice is simply trying to fool you or they have succeed in fooling themselves.

Does the media “pick a candidate” for us? No. Voters pick the candidates. A bunch of right wing idiots picked Drumpf because he was funny and a breath of fresh air. Nobody picked him for you outside of voters in early states. Again, what is malleable is what matters to people and the media can influence that a great deal. You guys were all for experienced candidates 8 years ago. What happened? Now experience and establishment ties are a “bad thing” according to right wing media. Conservative values were important 8 years ago. Now, the only value that matters is apparently having an R next to the name Trump. Everyone else is a RINO or liberal.

If the media did pick the candidate, Trump would have a 40 point lead. Needless to say that he and his antics are much more interesting to Joe Six Pack than a Clinton presidency would be. Media and magazines would sell in greater numbers than ever. Instead, Clinton is all but guaranteed a victory due to the moronic statements and fights Trump picks on almost a daily basis.

Yeah but the media picks democrats every year.

Yeah but the media picks democrats every year.

The media doesn’t pick anyone. Voters do. Between 1968 and 1992, the media (I guess) was asleep because during that 24 year period, the Democrats held the Oval for 4 years. And this was back when there were just 3 outlets for most Americans.

Your argument now that there is a proliferation of media through the Internet and cable television that liberals have a larger voice is flat out silly.

Oh, and Media influence over voters is at an all time low. Do you care who your local newspaper endorses?

Forum List

Back