Any stupid, funny movies one can recommend?

I generally like non-fiction, historical, war movies or those that force me to ponder and dissect the plot.

With my current health and stress, I just want a recommendation of a dumb/funny movie. It prefer witty comedies but today they could be as stupid as American Pie as long as there isn't excessive swearing. I'm not big on heavy cursing in movies unless it's organic in nature in one of the gritty movies I watch.

Anyways. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you for your time.
Idiocracy is also very funny but surprisingly accurate describing our current state of affairs.

I generally like non-fiction, historical, war movies or those that force me to ponder and dissect the plot.

With my current health and stress, I just want a recommendation of a dumb/funny movie. It prefer witty comedies but today they could be as stupid as American Pie as long as there isn't excessive swearing. I'm not big on heavy cursing in movies unless it's organic in nature in one of the gritty movies I watch.

Anyways. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you for your time.
One more i thought of is "A Knight's Tale' with Heath Ledger. A unique spoof movie brilliantly conceived and directed with relatable characters, strong story line. if you know some medieval history and English literature it is even more enjoyable.

"Armageddon" Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton, Ben Affleck (many might argue with me whether this is a comedy but in my opinion it is.)
That film most definitely had some funny moments, but considering what its about and how it ends, it is more of an action suspense film at least in my own opinion anyway.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That film most definitely had some funny moments, but considering what its about and how it ends, it is more of an action suspense film at least in my own opinion anyway.

God bless you always!!!
zu
Holly
Yes, I realize not all, maybe not many will agree with me on that. I have it catalogued in my disaster movies, but after analyzing the actual plot and dialogue as well as the all memorable characters, I honestly think it is as much comedy as drama--a 'dramady' as it were or perhaps a form of dark comedy. So I also included it with comedies. Not intended to take seriously while dealing with a serious subject including tragedy. It is sort of in the same category as "Sleepless in Seattle" that I catalogued both as drama and comedy.

Oh and a couple more I can't believe I left off my list:

"Second Hand Lions" that nobody cannot not like and
"My Big Fat Greek Wedding" that many late bloomers can relate to and identify with.

And still more coming to mind:
"Crocodile Dundee" and "Crocodile Dundee II" are both amazing in concept and execution.

My faves growing up were several. Oddly, I was a class clown as a kid and I adored comedies. I will laugh until I was in tears.

A Fish Called Wanda was one of my faves

Space Balls,

Porkys

Police Academy

Smokey and The Bandit

Mr. Mom

Strange Brew

Trading Places

Back to School

48 Hours

Planes Trains and Automobiles

Just to name a few. The good old days I guess.
A Cactus Flower rings a bell.

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Greg

Forum List

Back