Any Tour de France watchers?

I'm excited that I'll be able to watch 21 stages of this race, I haven't missed watching it for almost 20 years. I wished they only had one time trial, this year two (5 and 20) and last year only had one, they saved the time trial stage for stage 20, when it can sink the leader if he does poorly in the TT. It happened last year. Also, the team time trial was always a joke, looks like they've dumped it. Really hard to say who will win it this year, whatever team Sky changed to (Ineos?) will likely be in contention at the end, as they always seem to be.

5eryqk.jpg

I'm excited that I'll be able to watch 21 stages of this race, I haven't missed watching it for almost 20 years. I wished they only had one time trial, this year two (5 and 20) and last year only had one, they saved the time trial stage for stage 20, when it can sink the leader if he does poorly in the TT. It happened last year. Also, the team time trial was always a joke, looks like they've dumped it. Really hard to say who will win it this year, whatever team Sky changed to (Ineos?) will likely be in contention at the end, as they always seem to be.

View attachment 506453

Go away.

View attachment 506453

Go away.
You must live in a progressive liberal city, because you have no sense of humor right now.
Would you have laughed if it was
Cosmo Kramer holding the sign?
download-3.jpg

My pick for winner, Geraint Thomas, went down and dislocated his shoulder. Thankfully he at least finished and is still in the race. Primoz Roglic went down only 10 miles from the finish and lost a minute off the lead, and even last years winner lost time on the stage. A very unpredictable race so far, I think Carapaz might be the favorite now.

Cavendish with his first stage win since 2016! Now the great sprinter, perhaps the greatest sprinter of all time, has 31 stage wins, only 3 wins from tying the greatest cyclist of all time, Eddie Mercx. He just might do it. I thought he was washed up, but he is still amazing.

And the breakaway was caught less than a half mile from the finish.

Cavendish with this third stage victory! Unbelievable, he had not even raced in the TDF since 2016, and he made the Quickstep team because their sprinter, Sam Bennet, had to withdraw. There should not have been any doubt before this years race he was the greatest sprinter in the history of the TDF, but now all he needs is one more stage win to tie the greatest cyclist of all time, Eddie Mercx.

Eddie won stages and tours, Cavendish wins sprints.

Forum List

Back